IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

11 hours ago, austinpop said:

Streams are showing duplicate entries like this:

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 12.53.31 PM.png

I am also seeing this, and didn't before the update.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

51 minutes ago, Kal Rubinson said:

I notice that when I look at "Unread Content" (and that's usually all I look at), every new post is listed including many in the same thread.  This makes the list unnecessarily long and tedious to use.  In the past, only one post (presumably the latest) in each thread was listed and I could decide to access that thread or not all at once.  Now, it is as if I was being asked  over and over again.

Thanks Kal. I'm working on this issue. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

14 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys, there was an issue with the Ignore Topics feature. We had to remove it and re-add it, but doing so caused everyone's ignored topics configuration to get deleted.

Consider this a refresh. You'll need to re-ignore topics you want to ignore. Sorry. 

Not a major issue. I note, thankfully, that the issue does not exist with the Ignore Users list. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

1 minute ago, Allan F said:

BTW, for those who may not have noticed it, to access the facility to Report, Edit or Share a post, you have to click on the three dots above and to the right.

Thanks. I wish this wan't a mystery meat feature that doesn't reveal itself until it's clicked, but it's very difficult to change.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

16 hours ago, fas42 said:

In an almost current Firefox, the icon in the tab heading is not consistent - sometimes shows the old A/S version, and then will show a sexier, two coloured variant, of AS, as in the new font used for the site heading.

Partially sorted, but I'm still seeing variation in the browser tab icons - something to do with Javascript being enabled or not? Sometimes a single "A", sometimes an "AS" with sides cropped off.

8 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Small point, but the number of views stats are shown in an approximation form now, so for the MQA is Vaporware thread it shows up as 1.1m ... which gives one absolutely no idea how many people are still following the posts on that subject, from week to week, say.

How did you used to know “how many people [were] still following the posts on that subject, from week to week?”

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

How did you used to know “how many people [were] still following the posts on that subject, from week to week?”

Because the precise number of views, down to single digits, were shown in the previous version - if a new topic is posted, one can gauge what the interest is, in a very general sense, by number of views - which still is the case in the new presentation. If one was curious about whether a long thread, started some time ago, was still being actively viewed, then it was easy to make a note of the figures at some point; and then check again a week or so later.

Hi Chris,

Another couple of minor quirks:

1. "My Classifieds" is missing in the pull down for the account name on the top right of the page.
  2. In Profile, the link to that user's "store" is missing.

I know this only because I'm selling a bunch of surplus gear at the moment!

How's the "multiple posts per topic in stream" problem going? That for me is the biggest issue right now. I'm sure for many others too.

10 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Hi Chris,

Another couple of minor quirks:

1. "My Classifieds" is missing in the pull down for the account name on the top right of the page.
  2. In Profile, the link to that user's "store" is missing.

I know this only because I'm selling a bunch of surplus gear at the moment!

How's the "multiple posts per topic in stream" problem going? That for me is the biggest issue right now. I'm sure for many others too.

The classifieds is an easy one although from the Dentist’s chair I’m not sure I can do it. 

The platform vendor is looking at the duplicate issue.