IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

3 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

I am sorry, but what do you mean with "my view" (in bold) ? (English again :$).

Anyway, I stopped and restarted the browser and see no difference. Here's the maximum width I can drag regarding monitor (width of 1650). After some threshold only white adds.

CAPreview07c.thumb.png.f92e58ab8ca2d199cebaf0198bc5ea12.png

Btw have no real issues with most of the things I mention so I am only trying to help a little.

Your help is appreciated.

See these two screenshots. Yours has my words on two lines, whereas mine shows my words on a single line. It's like your browser isn't seeing the 20% width adjustment I made last night.

1.png

2.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Your help is appreciated.

See these two screenshots. Yours has my words on two lines, whereas mine shows my words on a single line. It's like your browser isn't seeing the 20% width adjustment I made last night.

1.png

2.png

Except his browser does have the width adjustment in some configurations, but oddly, leaves *less* line width when the horizontal size of his window *increases* (see the screenshot in Peter's post I quoted just a little while ago).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Just now, d_elm said:

Will the iOS app be updated, it no longer finds any data ?

Nope, no longer supported.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It's like your browser isn't seeing the 20% width adjustment I made last night.

It sure is !

But yesterday at first it was even smaller of width. So sure I noticed and thought you did not listen to me as the only one who liked the smaller width (compared to the old software).

Btw, I have all at 100%. Thus browser and also DPI Windows settings.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

41 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Tapatalk will not work.

The amount of time involved to create an equivalent experience in the apps and web pages is much more than it should be. For now, app support is discontinued.

As you've stated "for now" I'm hoping this is revisited.  One step at a time I suppose.  The new site looks good on mobile devices, but Tapatalk adds a lot of benefits.  Thanks for all the hard work you put in.  It looks great and so far is much more functional and feature full.

Can I say something else ?

Already prior to Chris nagging about my beautiful forum looks I was thinking "how can I get this ?";

About at east new post I discover another new clever feature. Well done Chris.

XXHighEnd (developer)

Hey, I now know where I saw this kind of scaling - maybe it helps :

Tidal.

Thus, the scaling (of mainly images) shrink and shrink when the windows is drawn smaller, until unacceptably small, then one column (of images) is cut and the images grow grow again. And so forth. Try it. A similar thing I see happening here, but executed halfly or so.

XXHighEnd (developer)

Just now, austinpop said:

All the more reason for themes, because this is clearly a user preference.

Or a thread to offer users various customizations for the site pages they can apply themselves with CSS (cascading style sheets), as mansr was talking about.

1 minute ago, Jud said:

Or a thread to offer users various customizations for the site pages they can apply themselves with CSS (cascading style sheets), as mansr was talking about.

This would be fabulous.

A second theme = twice as much work to maintain. I'm not opposed to it, but custom CSS could solve the issue. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, Jud said:

This works well on desktop where most browsers have such features/extensions. Mobile browsers often (e.g. Chrome on Android) lack this ability.

OK, Now I am going to act smarter than I am :

What I see happening is not any dedicated Phone or Tablet or Desktop CSS etc. What I do see though is that all is just related to the width of the "monitor". Here's the phone view, but just from the desktop's screen :CAPreview09.png.a208d70336cc2d8cfc139c23d8bb1a19.png

What if this is about thresholds and when a certain width (for upper boundaries) is not supported in the CSS etc. it falls back to the smaller (default witdh). Think Case - Else.

XXHighEnd (developer)

4 minutes ago, mansr said:

This works well on desktop where most browsers have such features/extensions. Mobile browsers often (e.g. Chrome on Android) lack this ability.

Right, but still nice to offer customizations where possible.  I don't know enough, but I will see about asking some friends.

6 minutes ago, austinpop said:

I'm completely open to this, as long as there are clear instructions for non programmers.

Yeah, it would be on a recipe level with a few very easy to follow steps.

7 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

What I see happening is not any dedicated Phone or Tablet or Desktop CSS etc. What I do see though is that all is just related to the width of the "monitor". Here's the phone view, but just from the desktop's screen :CAPreview09.png.a208d70336cc2d8cfc139c23d8bb1a19.png

What if this is about thresholds and when a certain width (for upper boundaries) is not supported in the CSS etc. it falls back to the smaller (default witdh). Think Case - Else.

I just set my monitor to its native 5120x2880, and resized the screen from smallest to largest and everything in between, and don't see the issue. 

The new site goes by viewport size - http://viewportsizes.com/mine/

10 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Looking at what Chris has just posted, I'm wondering what else it could be, Peter.  Your DPI settings, or something else you have customized?

Personally I would never ever like to support my own CSS stuff. Do people know how difficult this is ? This is what I did for fun :

CAPreview10.thumb.png.bb8dd8a0482becf126e4b0b1f59ab79a.png

Say that you achieve such a result after a full day of working on it. 100s of elements need to be consistent and I am sure not talking about the colors only. And then ? then you give up because it remains to be painstaking ugly (like this one). Also, it is very difficult to have the overview of what influences which exactly.

XXHighEnd (developer)

20 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The new site goes by viewport size - http://viewportsizes.com/mine/

Maybe it is helpful to know this from each other (with the issue) ? ... mine is 1680x920 when set to full screen.

Edit : But this will hardly be useful data because all works with the viewport properties.

XXHighEnd (developer)

Found it ! And Chris, I don't think you are going to like it (but possibly you can solve it) :

CAPreview11a.png.415fb76b98ed53ce43da4cd16b765c85.png

What you see above is sufficient with to show the adds.

CAPreview11b.png.c281332bb4ef9679698c8d66fe3fa60b.png

Here I dragged a few mm smaller (!) and the adds disappear.

Now envision the first screenshot above, more down in the topic. No ads are visible there but the space is still reserved for them (let's say this is obviously so). So all looks unnecessary white. Additionally I think all is centered, so the same white space is shown at the left hand side (that really is a waste and solved by not centering. I'd say).

A few more :CAPreview11c.png.26deebae7a098ee7e730f6e208565b65.png

This is the bottom ad is a "wide" one, just because it fits in this case (chrome is dragged sufficiently wide).

CAPreview11d.png.4efde2b6b3ca1512ca3757b6c7bb0657.png

And here we see the smartness of the wide ad being replaced by a smaller one, just because I again dragged chrome a few mm smaller.

It is safe to say that this (see below) happens with everybody who pays to have the ads removed. Maybe don't complain too much now ?

"This" : look at the first screenshot again; no ads means white space instead and NOT filling out to the right with text. This latter only happens when the paying person drags the screen somewhat smaller, which virtually removes the ads (which already are not there) to NOW fill out with text. So that implies the seemingly off behavior of dragging smaller, the text getting wider.

:ph34r:

XXHighEnd (developer)

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but the user profile data hasn't transferred over in the "About Me" section of the member profiles,  For example in my profile's "About Me" just shows "iPad and Blackberry" which I think were the last fields in the previous forum.  

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

I don't know if this is just a personal preference, but I notice that when I scroll down the page the main menu (Home Forums Blogs Activity Store) stays at the top but the search, messages, notifications, etc. menu disappears. Personally, having scrolled down a page, I'm more likely to want to use the latter rather than the former.

LMS on Odroid XU4; HQPlayer on i7-8700; iFi iGalvanic; T+A DAC 8 DSD; Benchmark AHB2; Quad ESL 2805s + two Acoustic Energy subs.

30 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Found it ! And Chris, I don't think you are going to like it (but possibly you can solve it) :

CAPreview11a.png.415fb76b98ed53ce43da4cd16b765c85.png

What you see above is sufficient with to show the adds.

CAPreview11b.png.c281332bb4ef9679698c8d66fe3fa60b.png

Here I dragged a few mm smaller (!) and the adds disappear.

Now envision the first screenshot above, more down in the topic. No ads are visible there but the space is still reserved for them (let's say this is obviously so). So all looks unnecessary white. Additionally I think all is centered, so the same white space is shown at the left hand side (that really is a waste and solved by not centering. I'd say).

A few more :CAPreview11c.png.26deebae7a098ee7e730f6e208565b65.png

This is the bottom ad is a "wide" one, just because it fits in this case (chrome is dragged sufficiently wide).

CAPreview11d.png.4efde2b6b3ca1512ca3757b6c7bb0657.png

And here we see the smartness of the wide ad being replaced by a smaller one, just because I again dragged chrome a few mm smaller.

It is safe to say that this (see below) happens with everybody who pays to have the ads removed. Maybe don't complain too much now ?

"This" : look at the first screenshot again; no ads means white space instead and NOT filling out to the right with text. This latter only happens when the paying person drags the screen somewhat smaller, which virtually removes the ads (which already are not there) to NOW fill out with text. So that implies the seemingly off behavior of dragging smaller, the text getting wider.

:ph34r:

Yep, just reproduced this behavior.