IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

On 3/21/2017 at 1:53 AM, dieterjp said:

I will definitely spend way less time on this forum.

Me too. 

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If you tap the green dot next to a thread, you are taken to the first new post. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 1.53.32 PM.png

That is not functioning for me on Safari on my iPhone 7 Plus. It works on Chrome though.  I guess I'll use Chrome for CA.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Ah, I just discovered the issue with Safari on my iPhone 7 Plus.  A content blocker was blocking those menus.  Adding computeraudiophile to the whitelist solved the problem.  It had also been blocking the ability to go to new posts in a thread.

i apologize for placing blame on the new site.  I will give it another chance.

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

That's the kind of thing I really like to read. Thanks for the follow up Kenny. You just saved me time trying to figure out why it wasn't working. 

Let me know if you have any other issues or questions. Thanks for your contributions to CA for the last 6 years and 1 day :~)

The content blocker was enabled on my iPad too, but the problem wasn't occurring there.  The difference is the one setting illustrated below.  By switching this to off, I was able to remove computeraudiophile from the whitelist.  So Safari behaves properly with this turned off.  

Wow, it's been a day over 6 years?  Digital has evolved so much since then and I have you and this community to thank for that.  Sorry again that I was initially testy.  I guess I'm now one of THOSE users who's uncomfortable with change.

IMG_0012.PNG

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Summit said:

It’s much brighter, which I reported here:

But it's not according to the Mac's Digital Color Meter.  I think it might be the bold black text that's used for our usernames that might be causing the fatigue. The contrast is a bit much relative to the white.  

• 1 month later...

@The Computer Audiophile is there any chance the “Mark Forum as Read” button can be moved so that it fits within the field of view on an iPhone Max?  It used to be, but with the updated site I have to flip my phone to landscape to see the button.

Landscape view shows the button:

C4F5B075-982C-432F-8549-5362FA6E57F9.thumb.jpeg.4c36b6ec4df779a66838c02da7c485ab.jpeg

The button goes missing in portrait view:

1410E1B7-26C4-488A-A3B4-95E558805E50.thumb.jpeg.af5a5e83f814c244eba10b910f1e35c3.jpeg

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK, I checked it out on an iPhone Max simulation and see that the Mark forum Read moves to the bottom in portrait orientation. The code change involved in changing that and not causing a regression issue is a bit steep. If this is a major issue for people I can certainly start testing it.

It never hurts to ask and I I always want people to speak up with what they want. Otherwise I have no idea. 

Ah yes, I now see a hyperlink at the bottom. Works for me!