IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Signature are still here. Correct, no iOS / Android apps right now and no immediate plans for it.

Thanks Jud. I know I can't please everyone, but it's nice to please at least some people :~)

The new width, etc., works very well on iPhone.  Just a bit disconcerting on iPad / desktops.  As others have mentioned, perhaps the code can be adjusted on-the-fly for wider screens via SS, etc.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Thanks for the kind words and the thoughtful points. I increased it about 20%. What say you?

It's a step in the right direction ;)

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

old ca and new ca within a few characters of each other with respect to width, yet you're still unhappy?

Chris, sorry - not meaning to sound "unhappy".  Just that, as you're giving us the opportunity to comment, I thought I'd contribute.

FWIW, here's what it looks like on my screen - an *awful* lot of white space.  Won't mention it again, though:

The New CA Issues and Feedback Thread - Page 6 - General Forum - Computer Audiophile 2017-03-19 19-50-26.png

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK Guys - Here are some scrrenshots from old to new. The first one is a split screen showing the differences. The second one is a couple posts only and it's offset to line up the text area (with red bars highlighting the areas). You'll see there really isn't much difference in width for the text area.

Split-Screen.png

split-post-offset.png

Good demonstration - what makes it look so different now is that the white space goes all the way to the edge of the screen, which makes everyone see there is an opportunity for more screen usage.

I also wasn't aware of all the space needed for ads, etc., as I've been a paid member for several years and never see them.

PS - I wound up zooming to 150% in Safari, which *almost* fills my screen ;) so I'm now content with the new, current layout.

28 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Ha!

I just enabled this. You may need to refresh your browser to take advantage of the size.

Notice the reflow issue.

Whatever you did is perfect; i.e., I don't consciously see the reflow "issue" and the display now fills my screen!

1 minute ago, musicman59 said:

I am sad the iOS app is not available any more.....

Have you tried accessing the site via iOS browser (i.e., Safari)?  

It works really well for me, at least - not sure if "better" than the old dedicated app, but certainly the same feature set and very responsive / readable.

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Just removed a lot of white space between posts and changed the line that separates each post to be a bit thinner yet darker in color.

Both changes appreciated :)

4 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Hi Chris:

I am enjoying the new site and all the refinements.  

Especially like the new formatted daily digests.  FAR better than getting a dozen separate daily thread updates in a hard to parse text form (used to be hard to tell what was post and what was quote).  Any way to let the member specify what time the digest gets compiled and delivered?  I use to enjoy the 9:00 p.m. (PST) time--now it comes hours earlier.

But PLEASE, PLEASE, do not switch to a serif font!

Also, what happened to our Sent Messages box?  I had a LOT of messages in mine--some of which I referred back to (for information or reply reuse).  Sad to see those gone.

Lastly, with Search:  We used to be able to search for recent posts by a given member, but now while one can click the + to Search by Author, the search will not be performed unless a search term is entered.  Any way to adjust that?

[And yes, I know I can: Search for the Member>click on them>click on See Their Activity>then filter on Posts;  That brings up their posts in reverse chronological order.]

Obviously this is not a high priority item, but please keep it in mind when you start refining the Search section.

Thanks,

--Alex C.

All my inbox / private message history is still there, but it's all in the Inbox instead of in any separate folder - perhaps because I never moved them and I've just lucked out to keep all of them, but you might scroll down to see if history is there - just a thought.

8 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi @kennyb123 - That's really strange. No matter what i do I can't get the top menu to not show up like in your screenshot (see mine attached).

I don't consider the choice to get rid of the app going backwards in 2017. Many companies are now going back to web interfaces because they've improved so much over the years. Maintaining apps is a real time and money drainer. Weighing the pros and cons of keeping vs. discontinuing the app, the cons far outweighed the pros. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 1.32.02 PM.png

IMO, the new mobile experience is *better* than the older.

Text is larger and more clear, and the functionality I actually use when mobile (e.g., view all unread / updated topics, scroll, mark all read) is easier to use, since the interface is larger / less fussy to interact with.

Understand for others this may not be the case, or that they use different functionality that may no longer work the way it used to.  Just sharing my thoughts.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I found it with a single search using your exact search terms. Make sure you're searching the right stuff. It doesn't default to searching all content. 

Just to clarify - use the drop down in the Search area to choose the content you want (e.g., "All Content") - see screenshot.

Search results - Computer Audiophile 2017-04-15 11-54-27.png

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, bibo01 said:

Lately I have been having an issue which I don't know if it has been discussed here before.

When I click on the button next to a thread for "New unread posts", very often I am taken to the last message posted, NOT to the last one I read. This happens both with threads where I posted (with star) and where I haven't.   

THIS.  Happens to me, too.

• 5 months later...

Love the new "go to top" button - exactly what was needed :)