IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

I tend to hate change so take that into consideration.

Off the top, there is too much white space at the expense of information density on the screen.  Also, the font is too fine and small for comfort.

OK.  I don't know how I got here when I was attempting to make a new reply to this thread but...............................How can I mark everything read so that I never see anything old when I return to the site again?

Never mind.  Found it.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I can't argue with your opinion about the new v. old site, but I can tell you the facts. I have a graphic designer, who attended the most prestigious art school in Minnesota, on retainer. Not cheap, but it's his area of expertise, not mine.

Graphic design is not exactly the same thing as efficient, useful design and, without making any specific reference to your designer, there are all too many awful products (software and hardware) designed by professionals. 

I like the information density of the old UI because it minimizes scrolling and clicking.  Also, my aging eyes like the harder contrast of the old text and graphics.  Yeah, I have learned to manage with the new one but I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • The Computer Audiophile changed the title to Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread
  • 3 months later...