IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

6 hours ago, Booster MPS said:

Just stop and think before you post.

That should be a title of a thread, or part of the Mission Statement here. 

Resistance is futile :D

Great job Chris, you can't please eveyone.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - I've been working behind the scenes most of the day and night. We now have DKIM and DMARC added to SPF for our email. This should help enabling more of the emails to get through some of the providers that block CA for some reason. Of note, Verizon had us blocked, but just whitelisted us. Comcast is still blocking us because it's using a service from CloudMark that doesn't like us for some reason. We pass all the SPAM checks against all the databases. I've opened support tickets with them.

Now that people have had about a week to use the new site, I want to ask again for feedback about the design and usability

I haven't received any emails for about 4 days with my Comcast account.  It has forced me to explore a little more of the website to find the threads I want to follow.  Again, no deal breaker for me :D

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

2 hours ago, mvilla said:

Is there a way to delete "custom activity"?

i entered too many of them by mistake!

thanks

massimo

There's a trash can for deleting at the top of the page, from that custom activity you picked.

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - I have a different theme ready for public consumption. I've enabled it for everybody, but not by default. To switch themes, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select theme then "Computer Audiophile Blue."

It's not completely finished, but it's 99% of the way there. 

Much better.  Easier on the eyes

Chris, any idea when that Comcast E-mail issue will be solved.  Comcast E-mail has not been very user friendly in the past, so I understand the difficulty you may be having with them. 

Is there a way to know when people are online.  Like the dot in the old version.  It's kind of nice when your following a thread and interacting, or am I missing it?

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

On the desktop you have to mouse-over the username. On mobile you have to tap the username. 

Not as convenient. 

Thanks

On 3/27/2017 at 9:53 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm working on it. Fortunately Comcast is working with a third party and I've contacted that third part. They can't be more difficult to work with than Comcast. This is important to me and I will continue to do what I can. 

You must have gotten the E-mail to work, my phone exploded with CA E-mails earlier today.  Job well done :D

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, austinpop said:

Ack. Please tell me, someone, that there is a way.

Using your name I was able to set up an Activity stream with just your posts, then I narrowed it down to say the Auralic Aries thread, which you have several posts.  This showed all your posts in just that thread, unfortunately you only see two lines of the post on that main screen.

Not much help but something 

29 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Hi Shawn,

Thanks! That's promising. Can you post or PM me a link to that custom activity stream? I'll use it as a template for now.

I deleted it earlier today.  It's not perfect by any means but you can quickly delete it if it's not what you like.

1. Create a new activity stream

2. Under Ownership, choose Content by specific members, type the name you want to follow (it will auto-fill after a few strokes)

3. Under Content types, choose topics, the hit the options icon, scroll down to your area of interest, say Networking, then name your stream you created.

This will now show everything that's under that area by that person.  I've tried adding key words like Auralic and/or Aries to get to a specific thread but it hasn't resulted in anything positive yet.

I'm continuing to mess around with the settings options, trying to improve the results.  I'll be honest, I suck at the computer, I don't even know how to take a screen shot and post it or send you a PM posted link.  I've learned everything I know about the computer from this community.  My previous professions didn't require computer knowledge.

Good luck

29 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

Help! (please)  How does one edit the Signature.  i don't have an "About Me" tab and if i click Edit Profile i get some bogus window for name and birthday.  Thanks in advance!

Click on your name (upper right corner) under drop down menu click on account settings, on the left side is the Signature. 

2 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

Ouch, my eyesight must be worse than my hearing!  Thanks @ShawnC.

Your post reminded me to put something in my Signautre or Profile page.  :D

• 2 months later...

The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

This is what's displayed a the top of the page.  I started a thread for it, to see if Chris has an answer.

Thanks, Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Would it be possible to change the color of the thread you just read to a different color like grey?  The thick blue color to thin blue color after reading and returning to your activity page is kind of hard to distinguish.    

• 3 months later...

Chris, the old site, on the home page, had a menu on the right side that listed categories for all the articles that you and others had written. Any chance putting that back. A recent member asked a question about finding information about streaming. I was going to suggest reading several articles that you have written on the subject. I thought this might be a quick way for them to find such articles.   

I think many new members, may not be aware how many articles there are because now there are 86 pages to scroll through on that home page. This may help that cause. I spent the better part of late 2008-2009 reading every article. It took me another 7 years to become a member, doh.   

• 3 months later...

@The Computer Audiophile, Chris I haven't been receiving any emails in the last 36 hours, at times it's a relief.  User settings haven't changed, all good there.  I'm using Comcast here locally in the Twin Cities.

I haven't had any sent for a week now except one this morning that was a recap from yesterday's threads that I visited (all in one notification).  I tried changing a few things, leave it for a day or two then switch back to my normal settings but nothing.  I visit the site at least 3 times daily or more, so I can usually stay on top of things without the the notifications but if someone mentions or responds to me then I might miss out corresponding in a timely manner.

My email Inbox is significantly smaller though :) 

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - Let’s get one specific scenario to troubleshoot. 

If I tell them you don’t receive notifications to this specific thread (among others) is that correct?

I only receive 1 email now called a digest of what I've followed from the previous day, which serves no purpose.  Even that email only shows one thread (Headphones  vs. Speakers...) out maybe 20+ that I'm attached to in some way.

@The Computer Audiophile, what if you delete my account and I started over.  I know I would lose my post history but that's minor to me.  Time for a new avatar.  Just a suggestion, and I can wait longer if you have more ideas.  

Nothing yet, just happened to be checking in. 

I'm starting to get a few.

• 4 months later...
33 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Long story, but the harassment, ignorance, and spreading of untruths from others in the industry was overwhelming. 

This industry is paranoid 

• 1 year later...

Not sure if this that latest iPhone update problem or not but after I’ve read a thread the thread title still remains in bold print vs. faded?  Any ideas. 

Kind of annoying.  Before when I was done reading a thread, just backing out to my main stream was the refresh.
stupid updates. Lets see, what other 1st world problems I have😉