Problem Forcing Upsampling to DSD in Audirvana

I'm new to computer audio and need help with the following. I have a trial version of Audirvana Plus 3.0. I'm using a Benchmark DAC3 that can receive DSD in DoP1 format. The problem I have is that the Forced Upsampling to DSD option in Audirvana is greyed-out and Audirvana does not recognize the DAC's DSD capability. Otherwise, and in PCM format, Audirvana and the DAC play well together. What am I not doing correctly?

I'm new to computer audio and need help with the following. I have a trial version of Audirvana Plus 3.0. I'm using a Benchmark DAC3 that can receive DSD in DoP1 format. The problem I have is that the Forced Upsampling to DSD option in Audirvana is greyed-out and Audirvana does not recognize the DAC's DSD capability. Otherwise, and in PCM format, Audirvana and the DAC play well together. What am I not doing correctly?

Have you choose the 1.0 or 1.1 like me for your DAC to play DSD...

Also 3.0.2 is out :-)

Snapz001.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini, i5, 2.5GHz, SSD, 16Gb, 10.15 > Audirvana Plus 3.5.39 > Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition >
Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series > Audirvana Remote > iPhone 11

• 1 year later...

I have a Benchmark DAC2 HGC and even with DoP 1.1 and USB Mode 2 - although Audirvana appears to be sending DSD64, the DAC2 does not play and its 2x 4x led's are not on together. - Otherwise PCM 24/192 etc. works well. 

2 hours ago, MacAyr said:

I have a Benchmark DAC2 HGC and even with DoP 1.1 and USB Mode 2 - although Audirvana appears to be sending DSD64, the DAC2 does not play and its 2x 4x led's are not on together. - Otherwise PCM 24/192 etc. works well. 

Have you tried the "initial DCS Method?" That works for me...

That is right. I emailed Damien at Audirvana and he suggested this was the issue. He will include a popup warning users on the next release. - If the slider is not at 0dB then the DSD data are corrupted by the DAC’s digital volume adjust.