IGNORED

iFi Audio iGalvanic3.0 - The Holy Grail of Computer Audio

5 hours ago, artsnparts said:

Can we have an idea about pricing? I am almost buying an Intona industrial version (second hand) for a relatively good price, but now I am not sure. Does the Intona does exactly the same as the iGalvanic3.0? I think a lot of members need and want to know this.

I was also about to get a JCat USB Isolator (Intona Industrial board in a shielded metal box) but this iFi supports USB3.0 and has USB singal integrity regeneration built in. Plus compared to the Intona, it's in a shielded metal box. The price I've heard from an iFi dealer sounded very fair to me btw. But I'm sure that will all be published within the next 3 weeks. 

7 hours ago, Em2016 said:

I was also about to get a JCat USB Isolator (Intona Industrial board in a shielded metal box) but this iFi supports USB3.0 and has USB singal integrity regeneration built in. Plus compared to the Intona, it's in a shielded metal box. The price I've heard from an iFi dealer sounded very fair to me btw. But I'm sure that will all be published within the next 3 weeks. 

Thanks - the main questions are: 1. is it better than the Intona industrial?, 2. Does it cost more or less than the Intona industrial? Figuring it is a new product, and the Intona is already out there for a while, it would make sense for it to be cheaper, or else the marketing department needs to come up with a really good story why it would be worth more - and I guess they have thought about this.

13 minutes ago, artsnparts said:

Thanks - the main questions are: 1. is it better than the Intona industrial?, 2. Does it cost more or less than the Intona industrial? Figuring it is a new product, and the Intona is already out there for a while, it would make sense for it to be cheaper, or else the marketing department needs to come up with a really good story why it would be worth more - and I guess they have thought about this.

Hi mate, I would love Q1 to be answered by iFi but I feel it will most likely be answered by all the user reviews that come out, like has happened in the past with these devices. It won't take long at all for listening impressions to pop up.

The Intona has been the gold standard for a long while now and is an incredible product on it's own. The iFi will not only have galvanic isolation (like the Intona) but it has at least 2 additional features - shielded in a metal box and REGEN type functionality. So it would be really nice for the iFi to be cheaper but from the price I heard it isn't but it's definitely fair (in my opinion) considering the additional features it has.

Whether it's as effective as the Intona at it's main function (galvanic isolation) is the most important thing to me (and you, as you hinted in Q1) but we won't know until it's out. On paper (reading everything above) it sounds great though, ticking all the boxes.

Compatibility is another thing for me too. I had the Intona Industrial last year but returned it back to Germany because of incompatibility with my Dac. Not Intona's fault at all and their customer service was great. But I'm hoping for no such compatibility issues with the iFi too. There are thousands of Intona people very happy (I know many of them that are reading this thread too).

If the iFi iGalvanic3.0 can perform as well as an Intona + Uptone Regen + Uptone LPS-1 for cheaper and all in one metal box, well it will sell like hot cakes. And don't forget there's the Uptone ISO REGEN coming but that will still be a 2 box solution to achieve the overall same blockage of leakage currents.

13 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Hi mate, I would love Q1 to be answered by iFi but I feel it will most likely be answered by all the user reviews that come out, like has happened in the past with these devices. It won't take long at all for listening impressions to pop up.

The Intona has been the gold standard for a long while now and is an incredible product on it's own. The iFi will not only have galvanic isolation (like the Intona) but it has at least 2 additional features - shielded in a metal box and REGEN type functionality. So it would be really nice for the iFi to be cheaper but from the price I heard it isn't but it's definitely fair (in my opinion) considering the additional features it has.

Whether it's as effective as the Intona at it's main function (galvanic isolation) is the most important thing to me (and you, as you hinted in Q1) but we won't know until it's out. On paper (reading everything above) it sounds great though, ticking all the boxes.

Compatibility is another thing for me too. I had the Intona Industrial last year but returned it back to Germany because of incompatibility with my Dac. Not Intona's fault at all and their customer service was great. But I'm hoping for no such compatibility issues with the iFi too. There are thousands of Intona people very happy (I know many of them that are reading this thread too).

If the iFi iGalvanic3.0 can perform as well as an Intona + Uptone Regen + Uptone LPS-1 for cheaper and all in one metal box, well it will sell like hot cakes. And don't forget there's the Uptone ISO REGEN coming but that will still be a 2 box solution to achieve the overall same blockage of leakage currents.

Thanks - you kind of answered my question. This means that the Intona is still kind of live and kicking. I am expecting a price point of 399usd or 499usd, because I don't think they'll price it higher than their IFI Dacs from a marketing perspective. So it comes down if it ticks all the boxes according to the user reviews to justify that price point. I am still thinking of buying the Intona or the IFI Nano iUSB3.0 to deal with my usb connection.

1 hour ago, artsnparts said:

Thanks - you kind of answered my question. This means that the Intona is still kind of live and kicking. I am expecting a price point of 399usd or 499usd, because I don't think they'll price it higher than their IFI Dacs from a marketing perspective. So it comes down if it ticks all the boxes according to the user reviews to justify that price point. I am still thinking of buying the Intona or the IFI Nano iUSB3.0 to deal with my usb connection.

iGalvanic3.0 will be sold for $299.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

15 hours ago, artsnparts said:

1. is it better than the Intona industrial?, 2. Does it cost more or less than the Intona industrial? 

1. We don't comment other manufacturers' products, that's our policy.

2. The price is listed one post above.

3 hours ago, artsnparts said:

The Intona will absolutely be alive and kicking for a long while. But I think you'll be happy with that USD299 price just announced. 

Considering the extra features over the Intona I think that's a very very fair price.

8 hours ago, AMR/iFi audio said:

iGalvanic3.0 will be sold for $299.

Great to know! I was quite surprised to read this already, did you guys just received approval to go ahead with the price announcement? The price strategically just below the Intona industrial ( and below my 399usd or 499usd expectation), smart marketing guys! When will it be released? Your product just rose the rise of my want to haves.

299 is a very fair price. For the wolrd's first USB 3 galvanic isolator 499 would be fully justified as well. I am quite astonished, not to say sceptical, that this can be really true. Maybe iFi is not sure themself that the unit is 100% compatible. Intona spent some time and several firmware updates to get it working, and that was only USB2. There is also another USB 2 galvanic isolator called Alldaq (Google it), smaller nice metal box, a bit cheaper, and even has power input. But the first series failed and had to be recalled due to compatibility problems (surprise).

That said I hope the iFi will do what we all hope - just work!

7 hours ago, Techland said:

299 is a very fair price. For the wolrd's first USB 3 galvanic isolator 499 would be fully justified as well. I am quite astonished, not to say sceptical, that this can be really true. Maybe iFi is not sure themself that the unit is 100% compatible. Intona spent some time and several firmware updates to get it working, and that was only USB2. There is also another USB 2 galvanic isolator called Alldaq (Google it), smaller nice metal box, a bit cheaper, and even has power input. But the first series failed and had to be recalled due to compatibility problems (surprise).

That said I hope the iFi will do what we all hope - just work!

iGalvanic3.0 is a very technology intensive product, it has come to market later as we took our time with its development - it should not hit the same common speed bumps. Plus, we dropped the USB2 SerDes system that is off the shelf (see current and future Tech Notes). We developed our own USB2.0 system. And then after this, we developed a whole other system for USB3.0 because its transmission system makes USB2.0 look quite antiquated.

We like to offer to our customers the best of both USB3.0 and USB2.0 worlds. As with the rest of the range, we are forging ahead on USB3.0 technology across the board (whilst retaining USB2 backwards compatibility). It is our belief that in USB audio technology, there is no such thing as too future-proofed! (which usually comes with even better sound).

I have a question that I am not quite getting my head round.... (which does not take much!)

In my setup being able to isolate the DAC from the PC is my goal without buying an NAA, so this and the ISO Regen are of great interest. 

If one uses the iGalvanic with another re-clocking device after, the Micro USB 3.0 or the RUR (which I own) for example.

What is the impact of the signal being re-clocked twice?  

This is the main difference for me on deciding if I look at the ISO Regen (with LPS-1) - or use the RUR (with LPS-1) in conjunction with the iGalvanic.

I am not asking for advice which is better or for a comment on a competitors product. Just what would happen if the signal is re-clocked twice?

Thanks in advance!

On 25.03.2017 at 5:42 PM, jrd1975 said:

I have a question that I am not quite getting my head round.... (which does not take much!)

In my setup being able to isolate the DAC from the PC is my goal without buying an NAA, so this and the ISO Regen are of great interest. 

If one uses the iGalvanic with another re-clocking device after, the Micro USB 3.0 or the RUR (which I own) for example.

What is the impact of the signal being re-clocked twice?  

This is the main difference for me on deciding if I look at the ISO Regen (with LPS-1) - or use the RUR (with LPS-1) in conjunction with the iGalvanic.

I am not asking for advice which is better or for a comment on a competitors product. Just what would happen if the signal is re-clocked twice?

Thanks in advance!

In the iGalvanic3.0, USB is already re-clocked twice - either side of the galvanic isolation stage. Because ALL Isolation systems ADD significant amounts of jitter. And as USB is BI-DIRECTIONAL. The signal is a two-way system (think of a phone line making two ways conversations).

For it to be reclocked a third time by a separate external box, then that may be beneficial for long runs say more than 5m. Shorter runs should have much of an impact so probably not that beneficial.

1 hour ago, AMR/iFi audio said:

In the iGalvanic3.0, USB is already re-clocked twice - either side of the galvanic isolation stage. Because ALL Isolation systems ADD significant amounts of jitter. And as USB is BI-DIRECTIONAL. The signal is a two-way system (think of a phone line making two ways conversations).

For it to be reclocked a third time by a separate external box, then that may be beneficial for long runs say more than 5m. Shorter runs should have much of an impact so probably not that beneficial.

Hi guys, is re-clocking the same as USB signal integrity regeneration? 

Are both of these done twice in the iGalvanic3.0? Or just re-clocking is done twice?

21 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Hi guys, is re-clocking the same as USB signal integrity regeneration? 

Are both of these done twice in the iGalvanic3.0? Or just re-clocking is done twice?

USB signal Integrity contains a number of factors; jitter, signal rise-time, its level and balance between the two wires are other factors and excessive ripple from reflection within the cable is yet another factor to impact signal integrity, potentially enough for data corruption (which is NOT corrected in isochronous streaming mode). 

Impacts on signal integrity are produced by among others (an exhaustive list would be challenging) by cable impedance mismatch, impedance mismatch at connectors, electrical fields from nearby cables and transmitters and not the least isolation devices.

In iFi's USB products that incorporate the ReClock / ReGenerate / ReBalance technology, all of these factors are addressed comprehensively and signal integrity is restored to "close to ideal".

On 24.03.2017 at 9:22 PM, jrd1975 said:

What's the UK price??? Thanks!

Let us address this question again, this time fully: 

• iGalvanic 3.0 price in EU: €349 (incl. VAT)
  • iGalvanic 3.0 price in UK: £299 (incl. VAT)
  • iGalvanic 3.0 price in US: $299 (excl. tax)

I am eagerly waiting for some review about this product. Pricing is wonderful as chimed many times above.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

20 minutes ago, Totsipaki said:

How much will It cost?

Answered earlier:

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system