IGNORED

Tweaking Audirvana

mneveux

Is there a tutorial available on how to tweak Audirvana Audio Settings or some listings of recommended initial settings?

Thanks!

It's not nearly as obtuse as HQPlayer, Amarra, or PureMusic. Follow the developer's defaults/basic recommendations in the user guide.

General: prevent screen from going to sleep

Audio: Exclusive, Direct, Integer Mode 1 all on. Memory cache: 2-3gb, or 1/2 of total RAM, whichever is less.

Filters : forced upsampling NONE*

Volume: max volume @ 0db, assuming your downstream hardware controls volume (DAC, amp, or preamp)

SysOptimizer: extreme

*edit: My personal preference. Fuss with this after you are familiar with hearing it "straight".

The recommended initial settings are what is coded in the software when you move the SRC Quality slider to "Best" ;)

Seriously, there has been a lot of back and forth on this, and the only tweak I've ever seen that a plurality agreed sounded "better" was to choose "Best" quality, then move the Pre-Ringing slider back to about 0.40 (i.e., closer to the Min. Phase end of the scale), and that's only if you're not subsequently resampling to DSD.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

• 2 weeks later...