IGNORED

Power Supply (8+) Group Test, LPS and SMPS

The best thread of the year ! dam man, wish I had the equipment to measure myself. But it is damn interesting to read that the Zero Zone super PSU which is a R-core score that high.

ZEROZONE SUPER-PSU 30VA DC9V 2.7A Linear Power supply LPS for Audio Sources | eBay

I would love to also get cheap chinese R-core supplies and linear ones with capacitor storage tested too.. they are not expencive.. could be interesting to be honest.

Also the ZeroZone doesnt seem to have EMI filter (Berkeley USB to SPDIF/AES has a EMI filter on its AC input). I believe we could get good performance with R-core and a EMI filter on AC input, and then a EMI filter on the DC output of the R-Core with capacitors !

Interesting, although it should be noted that there is much more to PSU performance than just noise figures: low output impedance over a very wide bandwidth, high slew rate, fast rise-time and fast settling time to control the regulator output voltage during fast varying load current transients.

Battery may be low noise champ, but it can't compete with a properly designed PSU in the areas of performance I mentioned.

That is true, but it all starts with very clean and filtered current. My ADC has bad artifacts due to the 50hz switching issue. So Im looking to make it better. I already changed PSU once for it, now Im doing a normal linear one, and going to add EMI filter at AC side, and then another EMI filter at DC side before the capacitors and voltage regulator.