IGNORED

Suggestion: ban all cable debates

1 hour ago, GUTB said:

Objectvists need to talk about it, its a necessary component of that belief system.

But it was a subjectivist I quoted. :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 19/04/2017 at 8:48 AM, Jud said:

He doesn't think cables make a difference.  Not hurting your listening experience.  Don't bug thy neighbor.

LOL

He is taking my time away from listening to music reading his posts. He should have said it way earlier in the discussion that he hadn't heard more expensive cables/interconnects.

What I also find funny is I bet you that most of these guys who say cables/interconnects makes no difference aren't using the cheapest cables they can find either. Bet you most of these guys are using something from Mogami, Belden or BJC or something mid stream. 

4 hours ago, Danaudio said:

He is taking my time away from listening to music reading his posts.

...and it is necessary to defend the honor of your way of listening and that of others like you, I get it.

But really, the world's plenty big enough for both, and for both to be discussed with understanding, humor, and, dare I say, perhaps a little humility.  Each of us doesn't absolutely have to be right always.  We can have great conversations about why we think we're enjoying ourselves more doing it the way we're doing it, 'cause that's really the point, isn't it?

And if you find you just can't keep yourself from a heated response, that's why the ignore list exists.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

13 hours ago, Danaudio said:

...I bet you that most of these guys who say cables/interconnects makes no difference aren't using the cheapest cables they can find either. Bet you most of these guys are using something from Mogami, Belden or BJC or something mid stream. 

Not for me, tho a good quality cable will often have more mechanically secure connectors on it.  

I do own an old pair of RCA PBJs bought on sale decades ago, which are not detectably different from the ones that came with my Nak tape recorder or bought from Radio Shack.  I use XLRs whenever possible for interconnects.

I have some old braided Kimbers for speaker cables which were free with Maggies 22 years ago.  I think I will sell them and just use something simpler though.

3 hours ago, Lynn124 said:

Hahaha. This thread has 26 pages and is still going strong. Why not just have a cable sub-forum? Seems like it would flourish.

Agreed.  Having said that, I have read this thread in it's totality and actually found it to be very informative and illuminating.  Many thanks to those that have contributed.  I have now reached a definite conclusion with respect to cables, what I should buy and how much is sensible to spend. 

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

On 4/23/2017 at 3:07 AM, Confused said:

Agreed.  Having said that, I have read this thread in it's totality and actually found it to be very informative and illuminating.  Many thanks to those that have contributed.  I have now reached a definite conclusion with respect to cables, what I should buy and how much is sensible to spend. 

It sure makes the hobby a lot more fun when when one decides upon a clear methodology to making decisions about "corrosive" topics like cables.  Congratulations are in order for plowing your way through the muck to the *fun* side! :) 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein