IGNORED

Archimago blogs on AudioQuests 2016 RMAF "Computer Audio Demystified"

He's asked a lot of the same questions that I and other have had and made a point about how the comments are disabled in the 2016 YouTube release.

https://archimago.blogspot.com/2017/03/musings-computer-audio-part-i.html

The other point he's made is that attendees often don't ask the obvious questions about setup and the like. As a show attendee you are there to get the most out of the experience as possible. No vendor should have a problem breaking down the setup and the configuration and answering questions.

As usual a great blog post bringing forth the facts and debunking the BS that has wiggled into computer audio specifically and digital audio in general. Way past time to sweep away the voodoo and magical claims with a look at reality.

Cheers Archimago!

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

I had to laugh at the suggestion that you have to have 16/32/64GB RAM. Or you need a high end CPU. The comments in the 2015 video are why the disabled the comments for the 2016 video.

LOL, right, here's a snippet of Clementine straining to serve a bit perfect stream of a Linn 24/196 test file to my DAC. While also composing this post in Google and other things. :)

gkrellm.jpeg

Clem.jpeg

top.jpeg

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

LOL, right, here's a snippet of Clementine straining to serve a bit perfect stream of a Linn 24/196 test file to my DAC. While also composing this post in Google and other things. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33887[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]33888[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33889[/ATTACH]

The really interesting tidbit is that you have:

1> 232 running tasks

2> 503 processes

Put that into context of trying to do some optimization like Fidelizer or AO. You aren't even beginning to scratch the surface of all the threads, interrupts, DMA transfers etc... that are going on.

Another item I like to point out: If 24/192 is 922KBps you can run 116 concurrent 24/192 streams over GBe Ethernet. Lets cut that by 15% for overhead and you are still looking at 98 tracks at a time.

This is why you can do 64 tracks of Dante over a single interconnect.