IGNORED

Sotm sps-500

1 hour ago, Bamber said:

The 12v version of the sMS-200ultra can be changed to 9v as follows:

1. Remove the 4 bolts using T8 torx driver and open the front case.

2. Insert the short jumper to the 1st REG OUT(R342) on sCLK-EX board

SOtM 200 Ultra 9v.jpg

I believe this is the wrong jumper.  It should be the one in green:

5999d8995bdf4_12Vto9V1.thumb.PNG.127f0ff99d40a373a9f86692b0895a82.PNG

You might want to confirm with SOtM again.

18 minutes ago, TopQuark said:

You might want to confirm with SOtM again.

These instructions are directly from SOtM along with the Photo.

When I read the sCLK-EX manual it does look wrong but I don't need to change mine.

SOtM sMS-200ultra (12v, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

SOtM tX-USBultra (12v, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

Singxer SU-1 (7v SOtM sCLK-EX, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

W4S DAC2v2 SE (SOtM sCLK-EX silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

Mutec REF 10, Bryston BP6, Trinnov Altitude 32, 9 x Bryston 7B³s, B&W 800D3s, B&W HTM1 D3, 2 x Arendal Sub 3,

SOtM dCBL-CAT7 (ISO-CAT6 SE), SOtM eABS-200 installed on all components, JCAT NET Card FEMTO, mRendu, dCS Rossini DAC, Chord Hugo 2, Schitt Yggy, Chord Qutest (ordered for home office), UpTone ISO Regen, 5 x UpTone LPS-1s, 4 x PH SR4s, 5 x UpTone LPS-1.2s

2 minutes ago, TopQuark said:

I have the same photo.

Looks like they are sending out incorrect instructions to customers then even after correcting it for you.  I will let them know so they don't do it again.

I asked them for the jumper change just in case any of my boards get too warm at 12v but so far I haven't had any issues with heat.

Singxer SU-1 (7v SOtM sCLK-EX, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

W4S DAC2v2 SE (SOtM sCLK-EX silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

Mutec REF 10, Bryston BP6, Trinnov Altitude 32, 9 x Bryston 7B³s, B&W 800D3s, B&W HTM1 D3, 2 x Arendal Sub 3,

SOtM dCBL-CAT7 (ISO-CAT6 SE), SOtM eABS-200 installed on all components, JCAT NET Card FEMTO, mRendu, dCS Rossini DAC, Chord Hugo 2, Schitt Yggy, Chord Qutest (ordered for home office), UpTone ISO Regen, 5 x UpTone LPS-1s, 4 x PH SR4s, 5 x UpTone LPS-1.2s

12 hours ago, Bamber said:

Looks like they are sending out incorrect instructions to customers then even after correcting it for you.  I will let them know so they don't do it again.

I asked them for the jumper change just in case any of my boards get too warm at 12v but so far I haven't had any issues with heat.

Oh.. I should correct the information and update on our website by tomorrow. sorry for the confusion~ Mr.Kim would send you the correct information shortly. sorry to cause you the confusion~

Thank you May

Anyone here know what pins are positive and GND in the HR10A-7P-4P socket on a sPS-500? I asume SOtM use all 4 pins 2 pos and 2 neg?

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Got the answer from May at SOtM, pin 1 & 4 are positive and 2 & 3 are GND.

Main system
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC

Second system
8 minutes ago, Lebouwsky said:

Question in general. For how much is the sps500 offered in your country, in the Netherlands it's 699 euro which is about 840 dollar. I had hopen it would be around 500, quite disapointing.

Sorry to hear that. That's ridiculous. I paid $500 - 10% discount code = $450 USD, free shipping, no tax.

15 minutes ago, Lebouwsky said:

For how much is the sps500 offered in your country

In Sweden we pay 500 Dollar plus tax (25%) to the Swedish dealer. So today I would pay 500*7,95*1,25=4970SEK, that is 625 Dollar or 523 Euro.

9 minutes ago, camott said:

Sorry to hear that. That's ridiculous. I paid $500 - 10% discount code = $450 USD, free shipping, no tax.

Were did you buy it from?

Main system

Second system
Just now, camott said:

sotm-usa.com. $25 flat shipping internationally.

Well that is fine but if the package get caught in customs I would need to pay tax and customs fee so it could end up at the same price as the dealer here in Sweden.

The 10% discount code were did you get that?

Main system

Second system
16 minutes ago, octaviars said:

Well that is fine but if the package get caught in customs I would need to pay tax and customs fee so it could end up at the same price as the dealer here in Sweden.

The 10% discount code were did you get that?

I received mine after a prior purchase of sms-200 on the same site but if you linger on the home page you should get a popup for a 10% discount.

13 minutes ago, Lebouwsky said:

can you please post your link?

This is the dealer in Sweden but I dont know if they ship outside of Sweden.

http://www.hifiexcellence.com/

Main system

Second system
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2017 at 7:17 AM, Johnseye said:

Here'e the BOM.  No fans are used.  No issues upconverting PCM to 192.  I have not upconverted DSD yet as my DAC only supports 64.

I am using both onboard NICs bridged.  The wattage may go down slightly if I stop bridging and only use one.

Mobo - ASUS Q170T/CSM

Proc - Intel BX80677I77700T 7th Generation Core i7-7700T 

Drive - Intel SSDSCKKR120H6XN Pro E 5400s Series 120GB M.2

Memory - Crucial DDR4-2133 SODIMM 4GB/512Mx64

Case - Streacom FC8 ALPHA HTPC Chassis

Case addon - Streacom ST-MH1 Short Length Heatpipes

This is a terrific post - it's very hard to come by lists like this.

May I ask, why you chose that memory configuration 1 x 4GB (and not 2x2GB or 2x4GB)? 

8 minutes ago, stefan5345 said:

This is a terrific post - it's very hard to come by lists like this.

May I ask, why you chose that memory configuration 1 x 4GB (and not 2x2GB or 2x4GB)? 

I should have clarified, the memory is quantity 2, for 8GB total.  Everything else is quantity 1.

My total watt output when music on, turned up as loud as comfortably possible was 20w.  I should be getting my Hynes SR7 within the next week.  After 5 months of waiting I'll finally be able to finish the build as originally intended.  Now however I'm very curious about the Optane drive, but think I'm going to wait for the next generation, or at least until I find a mobo with the 200 series chipset and a 12v connection.

6 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

until I find a mobo with the 200 series chipset and a 12v connection

There will be 300 series motherboards coming as early as October.  Probably the same problem finding 12v.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, stefan5345 said:

Thinking  of getting sms-200ultra, sps-500 and Tx-usbultra package , but I am being quoted +$550 Aus for the upgraded silver Y-splitter, which is a bit rich for my blood. IS it worth it? Anyone tried aftermarket solutions?

The SPS-500 has a connector that is not common on other power supplies. I don't think you will find an aftermarket DC cable, especially not a Y-splitter. You can have it order made from some cable companies maybe, or DIY. 

HQplayer - NAA - Devialet D-800 - YG Acoustics Carmel + dual ELAC sub-2090