IGNORED

High speed USB Galvanic Isolation devices

Câble adaptateur USB-B pour alimentation externe USB-A - Audiophonics

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33979[/ATTACH]

You insert your ordinary USB cable into the USB type B adapter (left on the picture), so the short cable you see on the picture is used for injecting power through USB type A connector. It can be used with any good quality +5V power supply, for example iFi iPower.

Thanks. But how would you connect an iFi iPower 5V to the type A connector end?

I would adapt iPower cable to USB A female. Write to iFi, may be they could adapt it for you. They are providing adapter to microUSB to use with iDefender, so maybe they could provide also other adapter type with iPower.

The other choice, few $ more is iDefender + iPower. It's doing the same as the split cable solution but adds also some level of ground isolation.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
I would adapt iPower cable to USB A female. Write to iFi, may be they could adapt it for you. They are providing adapter to microUSB to use with iDefender, so maybe they could provide also other adapter type with iPower.

The other choice, few $ more is iDefender + iPower. It's doing the same as the split cable solution but adds also some level of ground isolation.

Yes, I was just reading about the iDefender3.0 + iPower - breaks the ground loop and disconnects USB source power and injects clean power. You can add a better linear power supply if you want too.

Looks like the cheapest and most effective option for those that don't currently have room in their budget for an Intona type device (like me right now!)

Out of respect for John Swenson, I should re-name this thread as "High Speed USB 3.0 Leakage Loop Blockers" but I don't think I can now edit it sadly.

The device I purchase will either be Uptone's ISO REGEN and iFI iGalvanic3.0 nano.

I'm slightly leaning towards the iFi because like the Intona, it's just USB Type B in, and USB Table A out - no external power supply. But seeing as there's never a free lunch, it may have a noisy internal switching DC to DC converter (I've been learning a lot from John S as you can tell).

Both companies have great technical reputations so you can't go wrong with either. But for someone on a budget, having to buy the LPS-1 to go with the ISO REGEN may be pricey. Having said that, if the price of the ISO REGEN and LPS-1 combination is not far off the iFi Galvanic 3.0 then I will go the Uptone.

Fun times ahead, patiently waiting... lol