IGNORED

High speed USB Galvanic Isolation devices

Hi guys,

The only high speed (support 24/192 PCM and DSD128 minimum) external USB galvanic isolation devices I'm aware of are:

- Intona

- JCAT (based on the Intona Industrial model)

- Alldaq

- PS Audio LANRover

- iFi iGalvanic 3.0 (announced by details not yet released) - confirmed to support USB 3.0

- Uptone ISO Regen (announced by details not yet released)

Is that pretty much it, for high speed support?

I like the metal box of the JCAT (compared with the Intona) but I obviously need to wait for to hear about the upcoming iFi and the Uptone devices.

I'm ready to buy one of the above units....but would love a CURRENT consensus on whats the best way to go. I try and keep up with the threads....but many of them just go in circles and end up off topic.

So what is the most recommended [h=2]High speed USB Galvanic Isolation device ?[/h]

I would love to see the Intona + W4S Recovery (with ultra low noise Crystek clock) + LPS-1 in one box.

Right now (with JS-2 PSU powering LPS-1 and SOtM sMS-200) my system looks like a cable salad.

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

I would love to see the Intona + W4S Recovery (with ultra low noise Crystek clock) + LPS-1 in one box.

Right now (with JS-2 PSU powering LPS-1 and SOtM sMS-200) my system looks like a cable salad.

Lol yeh I would love an all in one like that too. I completely get the system looking like a salad too. I have a feeling the Uptone device will be isolation and REGEN (it's called the ISO REGEN I think), minus the LPS-1. Only guessing, we'll have to wait for more news.

There is no, and won't be a consensus - it's Audiophilia.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

He's just saying that there will never be universal agreement on which device is best.

Sorry mate, could you clarify. There is no what? And consensus on? Cheers

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

FWIW I love the Intona and W4S combo (both fed with high quality LPS), with both the USB GND and VBus 5v rails lifted (after handshake).

However I appreciate that this isn't a setup that will work for everyone.

Ah right, I think someone else was asking which is best. I just wanted to make a list of all the options out there.

Too much of an open ended question, so I didn't go there lol

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

FWIW I love the Intona and W4S combo (both fed with high quality LPS), with both the USB GND and VBus 5v rails lifted (after handshake).

Very nice combination there

I just pulled the trigger on the Uptone Regen...I'll let you know what my findings are. The new setup will be...

Lacie/2TB Thunderbolt drive----Mac Mini/I5---Audioquest Jitterbug----Pangea Solid Silver USB----A to B-Uptone Regen---- Cambridge Audio Azur 851D----Kimber Hero XLR----Parasound Halo Integrated----Martin Logan Theos --- BTW- JRiver 22/MAC is my media player

It already sounds great...it can only get better.

I just pulled the trigger on the Uptone Regen...I'll let you know what my findings are. The new setup will be...

Lacie/2TB Thunderbolt drive----Mac Mini/I5---Audioquest Jitterbug----Pangea Solid Silver USB----A to B-Uptone Regen---- Cambridge Audio Azur 851D----Kimber Hero XLR----Parasound Halo Integrated----Martin Logan Theos --- BTW- JRiver 22/MAC is my media player

It already sounds great...it can only get better.

Nice! You have more courage than me pulling the trigger, considering the Uptone ISO Regen is coming soon !

Not that it matters (because I still look forward to your feedback) but the current Uptone Regen isn't a USB Galvanic Isolation device like the others mentioned in this thread - it's more a USB signal conditioning device. The ISO REGEN will be both !

Still looking forward to hearing about it's improvements in that already impressive setup !

Sorry, I missed this last time. How are you feeding a 5V linear power supply to power the Intona !? Was there a mod needed?

Or did you mean the LPS feeding the W4S is flowing on to power the Intona too?

I use a split USB cable that Injects the power and GND. It's DIY but I think you can buy them off the shelf now.

Sorry, I missed this last time. How are you feeding a 5V linear power supply to power the Intona !? Was there a mod needed?

Or did you mean the LPS feeding the W4S is flowing on to power the Intona too?

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

Very cool. I'll do some googling. Thanks for that

Câble adaptateur USB-B pour alimentation externe USB-A - Audiophonics

8389_adaptateurUSB-B_USB-A_45.jpg

You insert your ordinary USB cable into the USB type B adapter (left on the picture), so the short cable you see on the picture is used for injecting power through USB type A connector. It can be used with any good quality +5V power supply, for example iFi iPower.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

Yes that's the type, that will work and should give an audible improvement if the PS is good quality. That one will almost certainly have both GNDs connected however.

I placed a DIP switch over the GND that connects to the server so I can lift it after handshake, leaving just the 2 data wires connected to the server and the 5v and GND wires connected to the LPS = complete isolation.

Câble adaptateur USB-B pour alimentation externe USB-A - Audiophonics

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33979[/ATTACH]

You insert your ordinary USB cable into the USB type B adapter (left on the picture), so the short cable you see on the picture is used for injecting power through USB type A connector. It can be used with any good quality +5V power supply, for example iFi iPower.

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc: