IGNORED

Network card Clock upgrade

Even high-rez play back of 24/192 for a machine you would purchase today is child's play for CPU's.

Until someone sits down and allows for their sighted evaluation to be removed from the evaluation equation and shows that there is such a thing as 'Audiophile RAM' or 'SATA Cables' then there would be something to talk about.

I'm not interested in either conjecture or sighted evaluations.

Again you can pull the cable, therefore ruining the clock on the router/nic and your audio will still play back. It is what it is. Find me an honest subjectivist.

All interesting points but not answering the question from

the OP.

He did not ask why but how.

Do you have an answer or not.:-)

I answered the question:

Start playback, pull the cable, the music plays on. How about this: Explain how the music is playing and why, with the cable unplugged, what would the upgraded clock on the NIC be doing for us in this instance.

No you did not.:-)

You picked out a very small part at the end to make your own view known.

I’ve read your post re network cables (interesting and well done) and respect the work that you’ve done there but TBH the question was re clock modding with NIC.

Not.

Is it worth the effort.

So maybe you can let us be grown-ups and find out for ourselves and quit the back handed insults about subjectivists. That way we can hear, try and avoid some of the cost penalties (that should also suit your perspective) of the ready-made units.

I’m also looking for a DIY solution to Clock modding and would be interested in hearing some ‘’real hands on experience’’ rather than supposition.

Any takers.

Yes this is an interesting point of view, but I would like to have others point of view because what Plissken says is that all improvements before the sotm sms-200 are not useful. I don't really agree with this statement because I have tried lot of improvements and some are really helpful

Yes that's what i'm hoping to get at but well errrr just trying to be polite.

i'm with you.

Soldering iron at the ready;-)

We aren't talking about 'other improvements'. YOU specifically asked about modding the clock on a NIC. Your mind is already made up. Get the NIC, modify it, and enjoy.

Maybe you can show a little self control and stop trying to be the Batman of Computer Audio.

Guarding us against the evils of open mindedness.

if you can't be helpful then maybe you should do one.

Yes we'll have a hunt round and see if we can find any useful pointers and report back.

Thanks for nothing;-)

Yes PP’s network switches look like they are made from pretty ‘’standard’’ boxes but with his mods some seem to like them better. Ihave not tried but would like to find out if such things can make a difference.

My first inclination is toward a DIY approach because that’s what I’ve been doing audio wise for quite some time now.

So some DIY network switch work may be on the cards after some reading.

It’s a shame that DIY seems to have a lower profile here but I’m sure that there are reasons.

That’s pretty much it.

I like to let my ears decide and ask for help when I need it.

Nice work Mihalov.

Looks like the sort of circuit I used to mod some of my CD players back in the day.

The Vanguard is a pretty nice clock which I’ve also used once or twice in the past.

What are you powering the XO with?

Some subjective thoughts on the Difference made if any would be great.

Thanks for sharing.