IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

5 hours ago, tobes said:

Posted this elsewhere, but probably should have asked in this thread.

The 'Browse similar artists' feature in A+3 no longer works for me - not sure when this stopped working.
When I press the little graphic the window above the artist opens and says loading - but nothing displayed

I'm using the latest 3.2.13 version of A+ on a Mac mini running Mojave 10.14.1

I tried deleting all related Audirvana files/caches etc and A+ itself - then reinstalling. Doesn't fix the problem. Any ideas?

FWIW I went back to my old Mac mini, which runs High Sierra 10.13.6 and A+3.2.6 - but this behaves the same as above.

Pretty sure this was working with El Capitan, so maybe something got FUBAR'd with the update to High Sierra?

Can anyone confirm this still works for them?

It's working on Audirvana Plus for Windows, the dev build of the upcoming 3.5, and I've reproduced it in the current 3.2.13.

I'm then working on a quick fix that'll be in a 3.2.14

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

I also have a library related problem 

when I sync with iTunes all tracks are loaded into the audirvana library but no albums

if i go back to iTunes integrated mode all is ok so presumably the iTunes library must be good it’s the album info that doesn’t get synced into A+

Anyone got any ideas to fix this please?

thanks S

@damien78

Regarding A+Remote, in addition to @Musicophile requests, I would also add:

I would like the play queue area (on the left side) to be expandable or to automatically change font size so that we can read the text in the play queue. This is so important for classical music where the track names are drastically shortened in its present configuration. The Lumin app adjust font size automatically and I really miss that feature.

Also, it would be nice to just delete the entire play queue with one click. Now you have to "prune" it, then you have to delete the final track.

I'll reiterate what Musicophile has said. I'm a relatively new user to A+ and A+ Remote and with every update to A+, I keep expecting to see updates to A+ Remote, but I haven't seen one yet. I recognize that you are a one man show, but please understand that the A+ Remote is my primary interface for A+. I almost never look at A+ on my networked Mac mini.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

Hi everybody.  I am still using A+2.6.8.  I have resisted to update A+ to 3.0 and above up to now because I do not believe in MQA and I do not use Quboz and Tidal.  Now with version 3.5 with further improvement in sound quality, I would like to take the plunge and move on to the new version.  I would appreciate advice on the following:

1. How much is the upgrade from A+ 2.6.8 to 3.5 and can I just do the update from within A+2.6.8

2.  Is the update license valid for one machine?

3.  Would the update affect the data management of my sizable collection of albums.  I must say that I have zero problem with A+2.6.8 at the moment.

Thanks in advance for assistance and advice.

Hello geeks,

I've just recently upgraded my late 2008 Macbook to El Capitan from 10.9.5 using 3.2.14 A+. Are there any tips and tricks or tweaks for that system to be performed to maximize the sound quality? What I have noticed so far while playing A+ in Extreme mode that task like Python takes some CPU resources - I killed it, but thinking what was that?

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

On 12/14/2018 at 2:18 AM, edtsui said:

Hi everybody.  I am still using A+2.6.8.  I have resisted to update A+ to 3.0 and above up to now because I do not believe in MQA and I do not use Quboz and Tidal.  Now with version 3.5 with further improvement in sound quality, I would like to take the plunge and move on to the new version.  I would appreciate advice on the following:

1. How much is the upgrade from A+ 2.6.8 to 3.5 and can I just do the update from within A+2.6.8

3.  Would the update affect the data management of my sizable collection of albums.  I must say that I have zero problem with A+2.6.8 at the moment.

I, too, have remained with the old v2 - with no interest whatsoever in MQA or A+ as a UPnP server I am more interested in whether @damien78 has yet facilitated browsing by file structure to supplement metadata browsing, for situations where metadata doesn't conform to A+ expectations (a particular issue with a some classical music, but also other). It was requested many times, and at one point Damien seemed to recognise the issue but AFAIK it has not progressed. WIthout that I am remaining with 2.6.8, until I find another player that sounds as good and does have that feature.

Sound quality changes concern me, because if it was excellent, will the change be better or just a  different presentation, and if so different in what respects?

Mac Mini - late 2012: core i5/2.5GHz/16GB/2x1TB SSDs/El Capitan, headless - Audirvana optimised, dedicated USB bus - USB Regen - Chord Dave DAC - tri-amped with Bryston amps - PMC/ATC speaker combo. (Detail in my profile.)

18 hours ago, mkrzych said:

Hello geeks,

I've just recently upgraded my late 2008 Macbook to El Capitan from 10.9.5 using 3.2.14 A+. Are there any tips and tricks or tweaks for that system to be performed to maximize the sound quality? What I have noticed so far while playing A+ in Extreme mode that task like Python takes some CPU resources - I killed it, but thinking what was that?

@RunHomeSlow has many posts describing how to get Direct Mode back if you care to do that (but it takes a little doing, and you should make a backup first).

And of course you can always play with the oversampling settings if you care to do that.

I personally always keep A+ on the Extreme setting, but it's easy enough to experiment.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 12/14/2018 at 3:18 AM, edtsui said:

Hi,

i used 2.6.8 for a long time ago on Mac Mini with Mavericks.

recetly , to support Damien, i moove to 3.2.xx

For me  and my ears, 3.2.3 is very good, using Sox filters (and still on Mavericks with the CAD scripts )

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

9 hours ago, Jud said:

@RunHomeSlow has many posts describing how to get Direct Mode back if you care to do that (but it takes a little doing, and you should make a backup first).

And of course you can always play with the oversampling settings if you care to do that.

I personally always keep A+ on the Extreme setting, but it's easy enough to experiment.

Yes, Extreme setting is what I have been using all the time as well. So, does it mean that in El Capitan Direct Mode is no more the case? A+ shows that's enabled together with INT mode? Should I care, don't really know, probably not, since it sounds the same - almost ;-)

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

12 hours ago, mkrzych said:

Yes, Extreme setting is what I have been using all the time as well. So, does it mean that in El Capitan Direct Mode is no more the case? A+ shows that's enabled together with INT mode? Should I care, don't really know, probably not, since it sounds the same - almost ?

I'm streaming now (where Direct Mode can't be used, since it is a DAC driver that substitutes for Core Audio with a direct connection between MacOS and a DAC), so I have not used Direct Mode in a while, but I used to like it.  ? 

That's correct, with El Capitan and the previous OS, Apple put in new security measures preventing anything from interacting with the OS kernel unless Apple specifically permitted it, and all device drivers interact with the kernel.

There is a workaround I mentioned in my previous note in case you want to look it up and use it.  It's reversible, so you can remove the workaround if you find it makes no difference to what you hear.  But as always, good procedure says to make a backup before doing the workaround, and then you'd have it to go back to if you wanted to reverse it.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hello and sorry my English.

I using Audirvana Plus 3.12.14 and MacMini 2014 Mojave. Music is AIFF format. My problem is how Audirvana show my tracks. From the list track number one missing and the list starts track number two. But when I start play music Audirvana play song number one (which is not listed) but claim it is track 2. Or if I choose track number 9, track 8 song starts play. So all the tracks are in the wrong order. And this problem is all of my albums. In first picture you can see how Audirvana show my album tracks and secon picture how album is in my HDD.

If I using other player like VOX, in there everything is Ok.

Thank you for help.

SW_Aud.png

SW_HDD.png

Can someone confirm the following for me please?

I'm streaming from Tidal to a microRendu uPnP renderer. I have a convolution file (in Reverberate Core) Audio Unit running and I suspect A+ is not processing it.

Does A+ process audio units only for the local library files and skip streaming services?

Hello,
Currently I have a Marantz NR-1403 5.1 A/V receiver that is not in the same room as my Mac mini with Audirvana. Playing multi channel music with a direct HDMI cable connection works great with this setup but I don't want to move the Mac around all the time.

So, I am in search for a HiFi network player that can be controlled with Audirvana 3.2 and that is able to play multichannel audio, e.g. from 5.1 FLAC or DSF files. All HiFi network players I found so far only support stereo playing (Pioneer, Onkyo), are no longer available (Oppo) or have an android base (long booting times, limited usability).

Does anybody have a suggestion for a good multi channel capable HiFi network player? My budget is max. €1000, cheaper would be better of course.

Thanks for your help