Jump to content
The Computer Audiophile

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

Recommended Posts

Left the world of Windows10 last week (despite fact that the Alienware 17" AW17R4 fully loaded in 1 hell of a machine)

and am back on a new 15" MacBook Pro 6-core i9 beast so now using Audirvana+ v3.2.12; all is well and it's good to

be back to the world of MacOSX (Mojave now) after a 1 1/2 year hiatus. I was missing my prior 12 years on MacOSX

very much....


Legacy Audio CaliberXD custom, dual Legacy Foundation Subs with Legacy Wavelet, Esoteric P-02, D-02, C-02, and A-02, Cybershaft Custom Premium Limited OP21 10 mHz Clock, SHUNYATA TRITON v3 & TYPHON QR, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 & EP2750, CH Copper Busbar Main & GE Sub-panel, 20-amp dedicated circuits, Dual 10’ Ground Rods, CADWELD bonding, Avatar Acoustics AfterBurner8 duplexes (5), Elrod MASTER SERIES Statement Gold Powercords (4), Elrod Statement Gold Powercords (2), Elrod Statement Silver Powercords (1), Elrod Statement Gold XLR (2 pair), Shunyata SIGMA AES/EBU 110ohm (2), Shunyata SIGMA CLOCK-50 (3), Shunyata SIGMA XLR, Shunyata Anaconda Zitron XLR, B.M.C. PureUSB1, Elrod Statement Gold custom speaker cables, Elrod MASTERS SERIES SG JUMPERS (4), Adona AV45CS4, AV45, Composite Audio CF-2010, HRS DPX Damping Plates (11), Stillpoints UltraSS w/Ultra Bases

 

Computer Audio/Rip Playback: Apple MacBook Pro 15” 2019, 6-core i9, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD (Music Library, Playback S/W & O/S here), Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, etc….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@zephyr24069 hello- have you(or anyone else) noticed any drop off in SQ or anything else by going to Mojave from say El Capitan ie loss of exclusive mode(with using A+3,ROON,TIDAL, Qobuz,Deezer hifi or Spotify premium)?

i have been reluctant to upgrade my late 2012 mac mini i7 with 16GB RAM

thanks bobbmd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could any of you more technically inclined folks check my thinking on this...?

 

I am using Audirvana on a MBP connected to a DigiOne.

 

In my mind, I am using Audirvana to do two tasks: to manage the music collection and change the digital file (software upsampling of the file and changing the way that the digital file with eventually sound by setting "Advanced parameters" like Steepness, Anti-aliasing and Pre-ringing) before the file is sent by ethernet (via UPnP) to the DigiOne. There the file is received and the Raspberry Pi processes it as a native file (meaning it does not have to use its computing power to do additional processing, remaining "quiet"). The file is then sent via s/pdif to the dac for conversion.

 

Is that what is happening? I seem to be combining the sonic benefits of Audirvana with the sonic benefits of the DigiOne.

 

Thanks in advance.


MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Plus 3.5/DigiOne Signature Player/MSB Gold Link III DAC (external Monolithic PS)/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/stereo Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 10:38 AM, gLer said:

Hi - did anyone get to see and use the 3.5 Alpha? Any feedback on look/feel/stability/features? Any update on release date? 

I have the feeling that Damien is keeping the best for last..uuh...Christmas present, sort of 9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dreaming Jester said:

I have the feeling that Damien is keeping the best for last..uuh...Christmas present, sort of 9_9

Hopefully sooner rather than later. I’m currently deciding between Mac and switching to a lightweight platform like Pi for music. AV 3.5+ will be a decisive factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bobbmd I have not yet but I've not spent a lot of time testing. SysOptimizer seems to install just find on a brand

new Mojavo MBPro and run properly with Audirvana+ v3.2.xx

 

@zephyr24069 hello- have you(or anyone else) noticed any drop off in SQ or anything else by going to Mojave from say El Capitan ie loss of exclusive mode(with using A+3,ROON,TIDAL, Qobuz,Deezer hifi or Spotify premium)?

i have been reluctant to upgrade my late 2012 mac mini i7 with 16GB RAM

thanks bobbmd


Legacy Audio CaliberXD custom, dual Legacy Foundation Subs with Legacy Wavelet, Esoteric P-02, D-02, C-02, and A-02, Cybershaft Custom Premium Limited OP21 10 mHz Clock, SHUNYATA TRITON v3 & TYPHON QR, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 & EP2750, CH Copper Busbar Main & GE Sub-panel, 20-amp dedicated circuits, Dual 10’ Ground Rods, CADWELD bonding, Avatar Acoustics AfterBurner8 duplexes (5), Elrod MASTER SERIES Statement Gold Powercords (4), Elrod Statement Gold Powercords (2), Elrod Statement Silver Powercords (1), Elrod Statement Gold XLR (2 pair), Shunyata SIGMA AES/EBU 110ohm (2), Shunyata SIGMA CLOCK-50 (3), Shunyata SIGMA XLR, Shunyata Anaconda Zitron XLR, B.M.C. PureUSB1, Elrod Statement Gold custom speaker cables, Elrod MASTERS SERIES SG JUMPERS (4), Adona AV45CS4, AV45, Composite Audio CF-2010, HRS DPX Damping Plates (11), Stillpoints UltraSS w/Ultra Bases

 

Computer Audio/Rip Playback: Apple MacBook Pro 15” 2019, 6-core i9, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD (Music Library, Playback S/W & O/S here), Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, etc….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 9:52 AM, rruffin said:

Could any of you more technically inclined folks check my thinking on this...?

 

I am using Audirvana on a MBP connected to a DigiOne.

 

In my mind, I am using Audirvana to do two tasks: to manage the music collection and change the digital file (software upsampling of the file and changing the way that the digital file with eventually sound by setting "Advanced parameters" like Steepness, Anti-aliasing and Pre-ringing) before the file is sent by ethernet (via UPnP) to the DigiOne. There the file is received and the Raspberry Pi processes it as a native file (meaning it does not have to use its computing power to do additional processing, remaining "quiet"). The file is then sent via s/pdif to the dac for conversion.

 

Is that what is happening? I seem to be combining the sonic benefits of Audirvana with the sonic benefits of the DigiOne.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

If I understand what you’re saying correctly, yes.


One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> wi-fi to router -> EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> USPCB -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:07 AM, Fridolin said:

Request:

 

Save the current Play Queue to a normal Playlist.

Or let us the Play Queue copy to the MacOS clipboard at least.

Select all the tracks of the current Play Queue, then drag and drop them on to a normal playlist.

Please note this of course works only for tracks from the local library.


MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question regarding periodic sound cracking on iMac/A+/Chord Qutest

 

Hello,

 

Searched this thread but could not find anyone reporting a problem similar to the one that I'm experiencing.

 

I'm new to A+ and when I used it for the first time I was impressed with the sound quality improvement that the Izotope upscale brings. However as I listen, quite often I hear a very irritating pitching/cracking in the midst of the otherwise smooth playback, which of course ruins the listening experience.

 

I am running A+ on 2017 iMac with 8Gb RAM, connected via USB to Chord Qutest DAC.

 

My question is: has anyone experienced this sort of cracking using A+? If yes - are there any recommended filter settings to address this problem? Can it be due to the lack of RAM?

 

Also would love to hear if there are any recommended settings for the isotope filter.

 

Thank you very much!

 

Vladimir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question about the Tidal "integration" within Audirvana........

Does the Graphic EQ work for music selected from Tidal, or only for tracks stored in my library?

Sorry for being a bit dim!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any help would be appreciated if anyone knows how to get DSD to play on the Topping DX7s on my MacBook pro. I'm using Audirvana and it doesn't seem to work regardless of which settings I select in Audirvana, I just get a loud popping sound when I play DSD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you try DSD Over PCM 1.0 or 1.1 ?

 

is there any drivers from Topping ?


Mac Mini SD card (with MMK Up tone audio, Clone audio PSU) / Audirvana remote/ Hegel HD30 / Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pascal64 said:

Did you try DSD Over PCM 1.0 or 1.1 ?

 

is there any drivers from Topping ?

 

Yeah tried both, same result. It actually displays DSD on the Topping screen but no audio, just the popping sound followed by silence. No drivers on the Topping site when I had a look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jonny said:

 

Yeah tried both, same result. It actually displays DSD on the Topping screen but no audio, just the popping sound followed by silence. No drivers on the Topping site when I had a look. 

Stupid question : are you in USB ?


Mac Mini SD card (with MMK Up tone audio, Clone audio PSU) / Audirvana remote/ Hegel HD30 / Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah of course, I was thinking of trying a different USB cable but I'm pretty sure the one I'm using is pretty decent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, edwardsean said:

the new Windows interface design for Mac

 

hope it's a proper Mac interface design, not a Windows one! ?

 

?


Qnap HS-251+ NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a ZeroZone 19v/5A LPS) > Lumin U1 Mini (powered by a Vinnie Rossi Mini Pure-DC-4EVR LPS) >  UpTone Audio ISO Regen (powered by an Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2) > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier + First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

 

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U1 Mini > Metrum Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind if it looks like windows or Mac, just want a dark interface with improved library options. It's been a long time waiting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 11:10 PM, Pascal64 said:

Stupid question : are you in USB ?

 

It was something with Audirvana in the end. I tried all obvious settings in Audirvana but couldn't get it to work properly. I'm having no issues with DSD using Roon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jonny said:

 

It was something with Audirvana in the end. I tried all obvious settings in Audirvana but couldn't get it to work properly. I'm having no issues with DSD using Roon. 

Mmmmh... Roon works with Linux, and DSD is OK without drivers.

with OS X , may be you need some drivers To read DSD with this DAC.

any answer on TEAC support ?


Mac Mini SD card (with MMK Up tone audio, Clone audio PSU) / Audirvana remote/ Hegel HD30 / Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pascal64 said:

Mmmmh... Roon works with Linux, and DSD is OK without drivers.

with OS X , may be you need some drivers To read DSD with this DAC.

any answer on TEAC support ?

 

What's TEAC? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm totally confused about it because DSD 64 wouldn't work on Audirvana using USB but DSD 256 worked fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted this elsewhere, but probably should have asked in this thread.

The 'Browse similar artists' feature in A+3 no longer works for me - not sure when this stopped working.
When I press the little graphic the window above the artist opens and says loading - but nothing displayed


I'm using the latest 3.2.13 version of A+ on a Mac mini running Mojave 10.14.1

I tried deleting all related Audirvana files/caches etc and A+ itself - then reinstalling. Doesn't fix the problem. Any ideas?

FWIW I went back to my old Mac mini, which runs High Sierra 10.13.6 and A+3.2.6 - but this behaves the same as above.

Pretty sure this was working with El Capitan, so maybe something got FUBAR'd with the update to High Sierra?

Can anyone confirm this still works for them?


Mac Mini/Uptone Audio JS-2 & MMK > iFi iUSB3 > Benchmark DAC3L > Benchmark HPA4 >  ATC SCM100 ASLT

Headphones: Focal Utopia, Sennheiser HD600; Players: Roon, HQPlayer, Audirvana 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, tobes said:

The 'Browse similar artists' feature in A+3

 

?

never noticed it (... and just had another look) ?


Qnap HS-251+ NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a ZeroZone 19v/5A LPS) > Lumin U1 Mini (powered by a Vinnie Rossi Mini Pure-DC-4EVR LPS) >  UpTone Audio ISO Regen (powered by an Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2) > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier + First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

 

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U1 Mini > Metrum Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tobes said:

Posted this elsewhere, but probably should have asked in this thread.

The 'Browse similar artists' feature in A+3 no longer works for me - not sure when this stopped working.
When I press the little graphic the window above the artist opens and says loading - but nothing displayed


I'm using the latest 3.2.13 version of A+ on a Mac mini running Mojave 10.14.1

I tried deleting all related Audirvana files/caches etc and A+ itself - then reinstalling. Doesn't fix the problem. Any ideas?

FWIW I went back to my old Mac mini, which runs High Sierra 10.13.6 and A+3.2.6 - but this behaves the same as above.

Pretty sure this was working with El Capitan, so maybe something got FUBAR'd with the update to High Sierra?

Can anyone confirm this still works for them?

.... on the Audirvana forum you gave one more detail, quite vital  .... on Tidal interface... maybe now someone can check


Stefano

 

My audio system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...