IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

Does the problem persist if you reboot the computer?

Does the same problem occur if you create a new user account (for diagnostic purposes) and run Audirvana from that?  If not, it implies it is a corrupted preference file so something similar in your home directory.

You can try redownloading 3.2.10 version to see if it is working again compare to v .11

just when ready to d/l on A+ website, right click and copy the link then paste it in bar and change at the end 11 for 10 for previous version

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

22 minutes ago, bnbayer said:

No. I've tried using VNC from iOS, and Mac screen sharing. They work fine, but all get the same response.

Yeah, I was wondering if there was any way you could try running it direct from the computer (even using the computer’s internal DAC if necessary).

Also, have you deleted the Remote app and reinstalled it?

Another thing that sometimes works for me is to unplug power to the microRendu, then plug it back in.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

A question about Audirvana Plus 3: with such a software player, is an external DAC really required?

If I'm using it in iTunes integrated mode on my computer and just using the headphone out on my computer to listen via headphones/active speakers, what real benefit would a DAC make?

I've got A+ configured to use the SoX audio filter. As I understand things, SoX is a set of audio filtering libraries that process the digital music files. Is A+ simply producing a new digital bitstream that is cleaner or is it doing the digital to analogue conversion too? If the latter then it kind of makes a DAC redundant, I think.

In summary, is a software player like A+ doing all the work of a DAC or only part of the work?

On 10/3/2018 at 11:26 AM, rodrigaj said:

Did you turn off your DAC - completely off and not stand by?

Occasionally, this has happened to me and turning my dac off and on (and having it reset) brings everything back.

Thanks! This worked.

I had powered everything off, and restarted the mR from it's browser window, but forgot that the iFi has batteries... 

5 hours ago, bnbayer said:

Thanks! This worked.

I had powered everything off, and restarted the mR from it's browser window, but forgot that the iFi has batteries... 

The devil is in the detail. Glad that it worked for you.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

On 10/4/2018 at 3:25 AM, Taz777 said:

A question about Audirvana Plus 3: with such a software player, is an external DAC really required?

If I'm using it in iTunes integrated mode on my computer and just using the headphone out on my computer to listen via headphones/active speakers, what real benefit would a DAC make?

I've got A+ configured to use the SoX audio filter. As I understand things, SoX is a set of audio filtering libraries that process the digital music files. Is A+ simply producing a new digital bitstream that is cleaner or is it doing the digital to analogue conversion too? If the latter then it kind of makes a DAC redundant, I think.

In summary, is a software player like A+ doing all the work of a DAC or only part of the work?

You probably get better sound with an external DAC.  Your computer is the DAC now.  A+ is basically sending a clean bit perfect digital signal to you computer sound card which is changing it to analog signal for your active speakers.

A+ job is to find the best path in your computer to a DAC, clean the signal and apply the filters to the digital signal to make it read for a DAC to change it to analog signal.  It is also a player and renderer if you prefer to stream the music to a DAC but it is not a DAC (now let’s count the times I said DAC in the post)

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, new here and this is my first post, but long time member of Head-Fi and other forums.

Quick question, as I couldn't find the answer via search: any idea when AV+ 3.5 will be released. 'Soon' is long gone since the AV+ blog announced it... 

Much obliged. 

it is supposed to be out this fall... i guess before Christmas as Damien just said it will be presented in Alpha mode this weekend :)

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Does A+ support parametric equalizer over DLNA server?

Never mind, found my answer: yes. "All audio filters (such as “Upsampling to PCM and DSD”, “AudioUnits effects” (e.g. for equalization and digital room correction)) are available."

https://audirvana.com/network-playback/

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Hi

i have a weird problem 

i have updated to the last version , i had the same problem with older version from 3.1.5 to the last

i have tried to import an ntfs hard disk  , and audirvana plus freezes , it did happen on itunes

checked this hard disk and it's perfect , under windows 10/7 muscibee , foobar2000 and audirvana plus for windows ,i have no provlems

the freezing is while is scanning this volume

i have used mp3tag for windows and i have Cyrillic files name and tags

have you notices some problems like that on sierra and high sierra ?

audirvana crashes during the scanning of the volume

thanks

iMac sierra 10.12.6, mabook pro sierra 10.12.6 , iphone 6S

Try removing batch of files from their places, and hit scan... till you found what album or files make A+ crash...

On 10/17/2018 at 11:30 AM, Matias said:

Does A+ support parametric equalizer over DLNA server?

Never mind, found my answer: yes. "All audio filters (such as “Upsampling to PCM and DSD”, “AudioUnits effects” (e.g. for equalization and digital room correction)) are available."

https://audirvana.com/network-playback/

I know the site says that, but I've never been able to get audio units to work with DLNA. I've tried enabling Sonarworks headphone processing (Audio Unit) via DLNA, but absolutely no change in sound. I've asked the same question you are asking a couple of times here, but no response.

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

I apologize in advance if my ask has already been answered. My mac has 4 GB memory ram. Is it enough? I mean: how much memory ram needs Audirvana just for itself? Must I improve it (to 16 Gb, for instance)? . when I run audirvana the free memory is about 2 Gb. thank you very much.

1 minute ago, herriman said:

I apologize in advance if my ask has already been answered. My mac has 4 GB memory ram. Is it enough? I mean: how much memory ram needs Audirvana just for itself? Must I improve it (to 16 Gb, for instance)? . when I run audirvana the free memory is about 2 Gb. thank you very much.

I'm also very interested in the answer to this. I found Audirvana running on a 4GB 2015 mini much slower and more 'glitchy' than Audirvana on a 10GB 2012 mini, so I believe RAM does make a significant difference to performance, especially if you're going to be upsampling or playing DSD files. 

On 10/16/2018 at 3:01 PM, RunHomeSlow said:

it is supposed to be out this fall... i guess before Christmas as Damien just said it will be presented in Alpha mode this weekend :)

Hi - did anyone get to see and use the 3.5 Alpha? Any feedback on look/feel/stability/features? Any update on release date? 

3 hours ago, herriman said:

the 2 gb free ram memory are previous to open Audirvana.

Audirvana Plus needs at a minimum:

• A 64bit Mac (Core 2 Duo or later)
  • OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or later.
  • 2GB RAM as a bare minimum

However, for a best experience, it is recommended to have:

• OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or later
  • 4GB RAM or more

like said above, if you don't upsample your files, you will be ok with the minimum... even with DSD if your DAC can play DSD :)  Upsampling is another thing, processor hungry and memory too...

On 10/21/2018 at 9:09 PM, Krutsch said:

I know the site says that, but I've never been able to get audio units to work with DLNA. I've tried enabling Sonarworks headphone processing (Audio Unit) via DLNA, but absolutely no change in sound. I've asked the same question you are asking a couple of times here, but no response.

I too would like to know.  And like you say, pretty sure this question has been posed a few times but the no clear answer.  I've wanted to try the renderer route, but am hesitant unless it can absolutely do AU Plugin support.  Until then it's USB>SPDIF converter for me. 

I realize that I may be late to the game, but how does one create Tidal playlists? I have been fooling around trying, but have been quite unsuccessful.

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers