IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

@damien78

Damien

Please, please, please add the following to the remote:

1) From album view please add an option so that we can add a song to a playlist

2) From album view please add an option so that we can jump to the artist or that album specially if that song is in a various artist album

I use microRendu and my computer is in the bedroom.  Every time I want to do above, I need to go to my bedroom, turn my TV on and do this tasks and then come back to living room.  I am sure you like us to excersize, so I promise I go for a 8000 step walk everyday if you add these functions.

Thank you very much.

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

@damien78

The album "Beethoven + Strauss" from Nativedsd.com at DSD256

1507180163_.jpg.d10c004528f5bd3e9f6326fc1dd04abc.jpg

is not loading properly in A+ version 3.2.10 .  After a lot of work, I got it in A+ library & it plays, but the metadata is not loading properly.  Jonas at Nativedsd.com support says it loads properly in all the other players they have tested & thinks it's an A+ issue.  My A+ displays it thusly:

1547611070_1.thumb.jpg.43145411fd1eed31ce9d6b29e5aa8bc8.jpg

2 hours ago, Dandaman said:

@damien78

The album "Beethoven + Strauss" from Nativedsd.com at DSD256

1507180163_.jpg.d10c004528f5bd3e9f6326fc1dd04abc.jpg

is not loading properly in A+ version 3.2.10 .  After a lot of work, I got it in A+ library & it plays, but the metadata is not loading properly.  Jonas at Nativedsd.com support says it loads properly in all the other players they have tested & thinks it's an A+ issue.  My A+ displays it thusly:

1547611070_1.thumb.jpg.43145411fd1eed31ce9d6b29e5aa8bc8.jpg

Did you use Yate Music Tagger to fix de album ?

https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Yate_Music_Tagger

It would not be the first Native DSD album with tagging problems on Mac OS X.

Roch

Also having problems with 3.2.10

using iTunes to rip and then pushing to A+ or trying to sync manually

The album is mirage by camel

It just doesn’t load into A+

Another problem is some albums play with either shuffled tracks or don’t start from the first track

Gone back to iTunes integrated where all is well

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:53 AM, stewartg said:

Also having problems with 3.2.10

using iTunes to rip and then pushing to A+ or trying to sync manually

The album is mirage by camel

It just doesn’t load into A+

Another problem is some albums play with either shuffled tracks or don’t start from the first track

Gone back to iTunes integrated where all is well

I strongly suggest to use the freeware XLD for your CD rips:

1. It does a much better job at ripping, even ensuring it is accurate (comparing the checksum with a database)

2. It stores the metadata, including the album art in the audio files metadata as per the established standards (and not in the iTunes proprietary database. Furthermore, iTunes misses the management of metadata in WAV files).

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Total newbie question as I'm looking at audiophile music players for my Mac: will Audirvana work with my iTunes music library? I saw from one their videos that it seems to import other music libraries and this would mean that I'd end up with two copies of the same music.

Also, does it control the Mac's USB interface dynamically to send the music at the original depth and sampling rate of the recording, rather than at the rate set in the MIDI settings?

10 hours ago, Taz777 said:

Total newbie question as I'm looking at audiophile music players for my Mac: will Audirvana work with my iTunes music library? I saw from one their videos that it seems to import other music libraries and this would mean that I'd end up with two copies of the same music.

Also, does it control the Mac's USB interface dynamically to send the music at the original depth and sampling rate of the recording, rather than at the rate set in the MIDI settings?

Hello 

It does not.  It just uses your iTunes folder that you have all your files at.  It does not copy them somewhere else.

It also changes the sample frequency automatically based on your original file.

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

@damien78 and anyone else: I no longer have a connection to my Qobuz and TIDAL accounts on A+3- I have logged out in preferences on A+3 and tried to reconnect to both services both failed-I have restarted my Mac Mini three times and the same thing happens-I have the latest version of A+3 the desktop apps for TIDAL and Qobuz both work

Damien and anyone else out there have a solution or suggestion

thanks 

bobbmd

Hi, sorry if this is an already answered question, I searched but only found info for converting SACD ISO to DSF or DFF

I am not interested in converting my SACD ISO library into DSF or DFF files. I want to keep it as is in ISO package.
Is there any way to edit the metadata for SACD ISO? I read that jriver can, but it adds a .xml sidecar file that it alone can read. Audirvana wouldn't read it, so makes it program specific.

If there is a way Audirvana can read such sidecar files, I'd love for someone to explain how I can do it, or if there is a software to edit the SACD ISO metadata, I'd really love to know which!

Thanks for your input

FYI: lots of problems with A+ and Mojave. I upgraded to the GA release (10.14), this morning.

A+ crashing, unable to open/access audio devices, preferences dialog crashes on opening, et al.

I *do* follow this thread, and I hadn't heard of problems with the Mojave betas.

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

53 minutes ago, Krutsch said:

FYI: lots of problems with A+ and Mojave. I upgraded to the GA release (10.14), this morning.

A+ crashing, unable to open/access audio devices, preferences dialog crashes on opening, et al.

I *do* follow this thread, and I hadn't heard of problems with the Mojave betas.

Hmmm... I am having so many other problems with Mojave, that I am restoring a Time Machine backup to my last, good High Sierra backup. For example, any attempt to change *any* audio settings was crashing the Finder and returning me to the Login screen.

I also tried BitPerfect and noticed similar behavior - none of my audio devices appeared in the selection drop-down (not even the Internal Speakers option). I am guessing that a last minute change to Mojave broke something with audio devices.

You would think I’d have learned by now not to update to a major release on initial launch.

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

1 hour ago, Krutsch said:

Hmmm... I am having so many other problems with Mojave, that I am restoring a Time Machine backup to my last, good High Sierra backup. For example, any attempt to change *any* audio settings was crashing the Finder and returning me to the Login screen.

I also tried BitPerfect and noticed similar behavior - none of my audio devices appeared in the selection drop-down (not even the Internal Speakers option). I am guessing that a last minute change to Mojave broke something with audio devices.

You would think I’d have learned by now not to update to a major release on initial launch.

Sorry you're having problems - I've been on Mojave since Beta 1, and no issues whatsoever (other than the one with Roon needing to be granted "accessibility" because of the new security controls).

Roon, Audirvana, etc. - all working fine.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

4 hours ago, Krutsch said:

All good for me 10.14 fresh install.

Did you authorize A+ here in system prefs? new Mojave security...

Snapz001.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

On 9/30/2018 at 6:07 PM, RunHomeSlow said:

All good for me 10.14 fresh install.

I decided to do just that: a fresh install (Nuke-and-Pave). Everything is working now.

A+ has stopped playing. Totally mute. Let me explain:

Yesterday evening, A+ had been performing normally for at least several hours. Not one long playlist, either.... various pieces had been chosen and played as expected. When the last one stopped, I chose something else to hear next (all of this with the iOS remote). The piece loaded and looked normal: all the movements (tracks) were in the play queue, the first one was highlighted, and loaded at the top of the screen (Mac) or showing in the Playing screen (iOS). Perfectly normal, EXCEPT that the timer said 00:00 and stayed there. Tried various other pieces, and all behaved the same way.

Tried the nuclear option - deleted library, deleted all the Audirvana files from the Mac and User Libraries. Reinstalled. Put my licence back in, gave it hours to reload the library, basically overnight. This morning - same thing. Everything looks normal, except that the timer won't advance beyond 00:00.

A+ runs on a dedicated iMac, running OSX 10.9.5 - all Apple updates installed, but I have not let it move to a newer OS. A+ plays through microRendu with 1.4 update, into an iFi DSD nano. A+ was running 3.2.10 when this started, but I let it update on one of the restarts to 3.2.11 - iOS devices also on latest version. System Optimiser is installed and turned on.

What next?

Frozen Audirvana.tiff

Since you’re using the remote I assume your network is involved.  Everything fine with the network?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 hours ago, bnbayer said:

A+ has stopped playing. Totally mute. Let me explain:

Yesterday evening, A+ had been performing normally for at least several hours. Not one long playlist, either.... various pieces had been chosen and played as expected. When the last one stopped, I chose something else to hear next (all of this with the iOS remote). The piece loaded and looked normal: all the movements (tracks) were in the play queue, the first one was highlighted, and loaded at the top of the screen (Mac) or showing in the Playing screen (iOS). Perfectly normal, EXCEPT that the timer said 00:00 and stayed there. Tried various other pieces, and all behaved the same way.

Tried the nuclear option - deleted library, deleted all the Audirvana files from the Mac and User Libraries. Reinstalled. Put my licence back in, gave it hours to reload the library, basically overnight. This morning - same thing. Everything looks normal, except that the timer won't advance beyond 00:00.

A+ runs on a dedicated iMac, running OSX 10.9.5 - all Apple updates installed, but I have not let it move to a newer OS. A+ plays through microRendu with 1.4 update, into an iFi DSD nano. A+ was running 3.2.10 when this started, but I let it update on one of the restarts to 3.2.11 - iOS devices also on latest version. System Optimiser is installed and turned on.

What next?

Frozen Audirvana.tiff

Did you turn off your DAC - completely off and not stand by?

Occasionally, this has happened to me and turning my dac off and on (and having it reset) brings everything back.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Since you’re using the remote I assume your network is involved.  Everything fine with the network?

Yes, as far as I can tell. The microRendu and the iMac are both plugged in to a switch (i.e., not wifi), but the remotes are wifi of course, and they work. Slow connecting sometimes, but they work.

Does it work if you don’t use the remote?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.