IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

1 hour ago, bnbayer said:

On my computer it starts playing. What version of Audirvana are you using?

Make sure the track in the Get Info window lists Audirvana the default program under Open With.

Audirvana 3.5 and Ive done the get into and set it to default. If a track is already playing, then you double click a file in finder, it adds that second track to the now playing playlist, instead of directly starting to play it then and there, which is what I want.

7 hours ago, Jozurr said:

Audirvana 3.5 and Ive done the get into and set it to default. If a track is already playing, then you double click a file in finder, it adds that second track to the now playing playlist, instead of directly starting to play it then and there, which is what I want.

What if you double-click when nothing is playing? Does it start playing then? That's what I tested.

• 2 weeks later...

I've changed my project stream box S2 ultra to the auralic aries LE as streaming bridge.

S2 did work ok with latest audirvana via UPnP/DLNA. However with aries UPnP/DLNA as output, playback stops on mac and win latest operating systems mojave/win 10 1903, after one or two tracks.

Checked an older audirvana version on mac...the same...:-(

Is there a workaround or a fix for this?

Checked on win10 foobar2000...no playback problems here. iriver apparently has no playback problems either.

aries support wrote a few minutes ago...:

"we no longer support regular UPnP protocol officially now, the control software has to be OpenHime based otherwise it may or may not work."

mmmhh...

i want to keep for sure audirvana...imo it sounds best among all other software player i've tried...so i need a working solution.

What other streaming bridge options i do have that work flawlessly in audirvana on macos/win10?

the streamer should not have a dac inside...need only the bridge function like the project S2 or the aries LE offer.

Sound quality should be at least on the level of the Aries and my budget goes up to 1200€.

furthermore the streamer should have aes/ebu as well as coax output besides usb

Love to hear from the community some suggestions.

aes/ebu seems to be the best sounding connection into my schiit yggdrasil.

thanks

tom

MacBook Pro/ WS2019/AO /Roon & HAF - AudioPC ; Mutec mc-3+ usb - Yggdrasil - Ragnarok - Ecouton LQL 200 ; IMac/win10&AO Roon Core - ControlPC

Hello,

I am using A 3.5.13 on El Capitan and would like to ask you if there is any chance to drag and drop FLAC files into the Audirvana queue like it was possible in version 3.2.x? 

Second thing which it seems to be useful is to add gestures to the UI - instead of hitting < > arrows, it could be just double finger swipe left or right.

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

4 hours ago, mkrzych said:

I am using A 3.5.13 on El Capitan and would like to ask you if there is any chance to drag and drop FLAC files into the Audirvana queue like it was possible in version 3.2.x? 

Yes, this works. You have to have the play queue open to do it, though. You can't just drag onto the play queue icon.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone experienced problems logging in TIDAL?
I've got 2 Macs running Audirvana 3.2.15 and 3.5 as well. Both say "Login failed to TIDAL - Invalid token". I double checked, logged out and in again, logged in via web and everything worked.

I even went as far as installing a fresh MacOS and Audirvana, with no success.

Someone having the same issue?

8 hours ago, listas_fede said:

Has anyone experienced problems logging in TIDAL?
I've got 2 Macs running Audirvana 3.2.15 and 3.5 as well. Both say "Login failed to TIDAL - Invalid token". I double checked, logged out and in again, logged in via web and everything worked.

I even went as far as installing a fresh MacOS and Audirvana, with no success.

Someone having the same issue?

You need to update both.

If you have disabled the automated check for updates, you have then to use the "Check for updates..." command of the Audirvana menu

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

4 hours ago, damien78 said:

You need to update both.

If you have disabled the automated check for updates, you have then to use the "Check for updates..." command of the Audirvana menu

Not the kind of answer I was waiting for. 

What if I want to keep an older version? You’ve always given a choice not to have the latest version. Lots of your users tend to wait a few weeks or months before updating, waiting to know if the update doesn’t brake more things than it fixes. As a matter of fact, I’m not convinced of the new interface yet and stuck with version 3.2.15. 

This is the first time in many years that I’ve used Audirvana that you’ve forced your users to have the latest version, with no option at all. 

Not nice. Hope you find a solution for us. 

This is your choice to decline the benefits of the new 3.5, but you are confusing the updates with the upgrade to 3.5.

In my reply I was mentioning getting the update to 3.2.18

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

20 minutes ago, damien78 said:

This is your choice to decline the benefits of the new 3.5, but you are confusing the updates with the upgrade to 3.5.

In my reply I was mentioning getting the update to 3.2.18

Ok. Sorry for my confusion. That IS the kind of answer I was waiting for. 3.2.18 should be fine. 

Thabks for your help, damien78 !

Does anybody have a link to the last version of 3.2 please? I’ve given it a couple months but I just hate the 3.5 style layout. It just feels dumbed down to me and aesthetically like a mobile phone app. I feel the earlier one was far more elegant. As I mainly only play CD rips and do not use Qobuz or Tidal, the earlier version suits my needs perfectly. Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

@damien78 and ANYONE ELSE : i have ver 3.5.20 using el capitan and for now using both AQ dragonfly red and Meridian explorer 2 as dacs while awaiting new gungnir multibit and raggy 2 (late 2012 mac mini i7 with 16 GB RAM)

under 'active devices' almost everything is 'grayed out' and will not respond ie low level playback options/upsampling etc nothing responds or is grayed out 

anyway to correct this or isn't it necessary?

the sound quality is still excellent with my playlists on qobuz tidal and playing from them directly

A+3 shows what is being out puted ie flac16/44 in lower left corner and say converted to 24/88 on lower right corner or whatever

but why is everything grayed out and unresponsive?

thanks bobbmd

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@damien78 hello- I asked this question on another thread yesterday 11/16/19--- all of a sudden A+3.5.25 made me repeatedly have to log into TIDAL and Qobuz and repeatedly said login failed until finally connected to both. Today same thing happened--i shut down my mac mini for a while restarted it same thing happened A+3.5.25 is up working but my left hand column is all screwed up---my TIDAL playlists are all there and iTunes etc but NO Qobuz playlists at all and when i scroll down to the bottom it says CONNECTED and I have Qobuz and TWO TIDALs and no album covers just blanks with blue line 1/2 filled on TIDAL--I don't care about that BUT where are my Qobuz playlists have 800+ that I made---EVERYTHING was working perfectly 2 days ago. Is there something wrong with A+3.5.25 in USA?

My system is totally unchanged late 2012 mac mini i7 16GB RAM WiFi via Apple Time Capsule with brand new Schiit Rggy 2 and Yggy(gen5usb) GS and older ME2.

Am listening to a playlist on my TIDAL playlist of "celtic playlist from Qobuz feb 2017" 366 tracks but there are NO Qobuz playlists in left hand column they were there 2 days ago.

thanks for yours or ANYONE else help

ALL is back to 'normal' don't know what happened but unconnected everything shutdown the mac mini reconnected restarted mac mini resigned into TIDAL/Qobuz on A+3(and ROON--many times) and all was ok THEN... ROON automatically downloaded ver 1.7 and all HELL broke loose---- TIDAL/Qobuz AND A+3 newest ver 3.5.26 refused to recognize neither of my 2 DACs (see my other posts elsewhere) then i did same thing unplugged the mac after shutting everything down disconnected the DACs and did a 'shutdown' not a force quit restarted and ALL was well again ROON was to blame--- not forewarning about the new version nor the glitches/problems OR how to solve them... shame on them for making my blood pressure go up--- unlike @damien78 or @dmackta(at Qobuz) dealing with ROON is well, like..." forget it Jake, it's Chinatown"

• 2 months later...

I am having issues accessing my Audirvana plus, and have reported it to their customer service, but I'm not getting any response.  I have not been using Audirvana a lot ever since I got Roon in 2017, but I have kept it updated, and it has always been up to date on at least one of my Macs, and as far as I know it was active and fully updated on my current MacBook Pro, until I took it for repairs last December.  There is something they did at the repairs which signed me out of all my music streaming applications, so when it came back, some of them were asking me to re-input my activation license, which was fine with me.

However, when I input my activation License into Audirvana, it responds with a "Too many Installations" error message, asking me to deactivate Audirvana plus on one of my other machines and to try again.  The problem is that I do not have AudirvanaPlus working on any of my current machines any more, as I have either recycled  or upgraded my older machines and lost access to my existing "installs."  I had a similar problem with the Amarra Luxe and Telestream screenflow on this same Macbook Pro, and in each case, when I contacted their customer service, they simply cleared the history of the old installs linked with my license key, and asked me to install the software again with the same existing activation Key. However, the same complaint sent to AudirvanaPlus customer service has produced no response, zilch, nada, and I wonder what to do next.  I wonder if @damien78 who posts on this forum, or anyone else has some helpful ideas as to what to do under such circumstances,

Hi, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I haven't been able to find it in this thread. I'm running 3.5.4 on W10. How do I back up my manual playlists? It hasn't happened recently but I've had issues in the past where a hiccup has caused playlists to disappear and I've had to recreate them. Surely there is a way to back them up and re-import them if necessary? Thanks in advance for your consideration in replying.

Brian

System: Fedilizer Pro>Pareto Audio Server with both Audiolinux (Roon) and W10 (Audirvana Studio) OS's, currently using W10 (control via remote desktop with laptop)> Original (2015) Sonore Signature Series, BNC/SPDIF > Yggdrasil A2 > Pass Labs XA100 Monoblocks > Triton Reference Speakers (modified) >Tweeked CiscoSG110D-08 LAN Switch. Cabling: Canare LV-77S SPDIF, Kimber KS2026 XLR interconnects, Kimber KS3035 Speaker wires.

4 hours ago, Boleary3 said:

Hi, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I haven't been able to find it in this thread. I'm running 3.5.4 on W10. How do I back up my manual playlists? It hasn't happened recently but I've had issues in the past where a hiccup has caused playlists to disappear and I've had to recreate them. Surely there is a way to back them up and re-import them if necessary? Thanks in advance for your consideration in replying.

Brian

On the Mac version (I assume W10 is the same?) there is an "Export Playlist..." and "Import Playlist..." under the FILE menu.

Thanks for replying. In the Windows version there is no export playlist option, only import and create.

System: Fedilizer Pro>Pareto Audio Server with both Audiolinux (Roon) and W10 (Audirvana Studio) OS's, currently using W10 (control via remote desktop with laptop)> Original (2015) Sonore Signature Series, BNC/SPDIF > Yggdrasil A2 > Pass Labs XA100 Monoblocks > Triton Reference Speakers (modified) >Tweeked CiscoSG110D-08 LAN Switch. Cabling: Canare LV-77S SPDIF, Kimber KS2026 XLR interconnects, Kimber KS3035 Speaker wires.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Evening folks,

I’m running 3.2.16, I don’t know what setting I have caught but I am stuck on the mini player and cannot open the home / library page? I have also noticed that in Preferences, I now do not have a tab for library but one for iTunes! Can anyone help me get back to the normal home / library page?