IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

1 hour ago, hykhleif said:

yes i use wifi as ethernet outlet is far from i sit, besides i do not want to use ethernet and cables

Do you hear the glitches also with 44.1/16 files (I presume so as Tidal is CD quality, except MQA). In my set up when using Roon Nucleus, all was fine with CD quality files, few crackles with 24/98, and heavy crackles with 24/192 files. That was the point when I switched to Ethernet. Yet, the Nucleus still had glitches, but Audirvana works like a charm with my Mac mini 2018.

Too bad if you trace it to the MBP 2018, that would be a disaster!

1 hour ago, biosailor said:

Do you hear the glitches also with 44.1/16 files (I presume so as Tidal is CD quality, except MQA). In my set up when using Roon Nucleus, all was fine with CD quality files, few crackles with 24/98, and heavy crackles with 24/192 files. That was the point when I switched to Ethernet. Yet, the Nucleus still had glitches, but Audirvana works like a charm with my Mac mini 2018.

Too bad if you trace it to the MBP 2018, that would be a disaster!

i mainly use audirvana to listen through tidal through it and that is where the issues haapen

when i just switched to sole tidal no glitches

next test will be playing stored different bit rate files to play on audirvana

the issues is that those glitches happen randomly not so sometimes I do not have enough time to go through an hour of listening to music that is why my test will take a bit time

The worst glitches I experienced with Audirvana Plus v3 occurred when playing MQA tracks on TIDAL.  As best as I could tell, the CPU spikes each time the track changed were what caused the glitches/dropouts.

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk. 1 --> USB --> Matrix X-SPDIF 2 --> I2S --> PS Audio DirectStream Sr. DAC --> XLR --> Mark Levinson No. 326S --> RCA --> JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) --> RCA --> Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) --> Magnepan .7

2 minutes ago, Bootzilla said:

The worst glitches I experienced with Audirvana Plus v3 occurred when playing MQA tracks on TIDAL.  As best as I could tell, the CPU spikes each time the track changed were what caused the glitches/dropouts.

hmmm that rings a bell, so I will try as well to play music form tidal using audirvana but no mqa and then mqa

13 hours ago, hykhleif said:

i mainly use audirvana to listen through tidal through it and that is where the issues haapen

when i just switched to sole tidal no glitches

next test will be playing stored different bit rate files to play on audirvana

the issues is that those glitches happen randomly not so sometimes I do not have enough time to go through an hour of listening to music that is why my test will take a bit time

So, in regards to Teus' reply that the 2018 Macs have audio problems, have you updated your MBP to the latest Mojave version? Mine is running on Mojave 10.14.4. But again, I have a special setup in having Devialet's AIR between my Mac and the Devialet. If problems, I would've expected problems in my system as Devialet's AIR has a notoriously bad reputation. But it's working absolutely flawlessly.

Also, just for the sake of it, could you switch to Ethernet to rule out that there are problems minor problems in your WiFi system? I know, it would absolutely last resort!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using Audirvana 3.5.1 and just connected to Qobuz with a trial voucher. Unfortunately I can't get any audio; I get the message "Loading First Track" followed by "Stopping Audio Device", then finally "Unable To Open An Audio File For Playback".

I am on Mac OS 10.12.6, running a Schitt Lyr 3 Amp w/multibit DAC. I have restarted the computer, and also logged out of Qobuz through Audirvana streaming settings. Not sure what to try next!

PS I have also activated the Tidal trial, and this works fine.

12 hours ago, snp1973 said:

I'm using Audirvana 3.5.1 and just connected to Qobuz with a trial voucher. Unfortunately I can't get any audio; I get the message "Loading First Track" followed by "Stopping Audio Device", then finally "Unable To Open An Audio File For Playback".

I am on Mac OS 10.12.6, running a Schitt Lyr 3 Amp w/multibit DAC. I have restarted the computer, and also logged out of Qobuz through Audirvana streaming settings. Not sure what to try next!

PS I have also activated the Tidal trial, and this works fine.

**Silly, but I didn't see the bit about Qobuz trial not working... my bad!**

Just installed A+ v.3.5.1 for Mac and the glitches on TIDAL MQA track transitions seem to be way down from v3.2.15.  I need to do more streaming to be certain, but preliminary results are encouraging.

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk. 1 --> USB --> Matrix X-SPDIF 2 --> I2S --> PS Audio DirectStream Sr. DAC --> XLR --> Mark Levinson No. 326S --> RCA --> JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) --> RCA --> Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) --> Magnepan .7

• 1 month later...

I am attempting to use Audirvana 3.2.14 to play Qobuz from my iMac to my PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC via USB.  When the track starts playing all I hear is a couple of clicks and then nothing, although the track appears to still be playing. Audirvana plays just fine when I airplay to my AppleTV. Also, I can play Qobuz directly to the SGCD via USB without going thru Audirvana with no problem. I must be missing a setting somewhere. Below are the devices settings. Can anyone help?

689181920_ScreenShot2019-05-20at11_49_57AM.png.892655e3e620728bc310d29412bd6b76.png

LG OLED 65E6P, Aperion (Verus II Grnd Towers/Center, Intimus 4B S/R surrounds, 4xL6-IC Ceiling), HSU STF-2 + VTF2 Mk5 subs, SVS Sub Isolation, Denon X4300H, PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/S300 Amp, PSA Detect Pwr Center, PSA AC3, AC5, Pangea AC 9SE MKII Signature Pwr Cables, AC Infinity Aircom S6+T8, Audio Technica AT LP1240USB TT w/ Nagaoka MP-150 Cart, Schiit Mani, Panasonic UB820 BR, Tivo Roamio OTA 1TB DVR, Apple TV 4K, Harmony Elite Remote

You might want to update to the latest Mac version, which at last check is 3.5.9.  I have no idea if doing so would fix your Qobuz streaming issue, but it seems like it might be worth a try.

OK, I have upgraded to 3.5.9 and have the same result.  

LG OLED 65E6P, Aperion (Verus II Grnd Towers/Center, Intimus 4B S/R surrounds, 4xL6-IC Ceiling), HSU STF-2 + VTF2 Mk5 subs, SVS Sub Isolation, Denon X4300H, PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/S300 Amp, PSA Detect Pwr Center, PSA AC3, AC5, Pangea AC 9SE MKII Signature Pwr Cables, AC Infinity Aircom S6+T8, Audio Technica AT LP1240USB TT w/ Nagaoka MP-150 Cart, Schiit Mani, Panasonic UB820 BR, Tivo Roamio OTA 1TB DVR, Apple TV 4K, Harmony Elite Remote

@glassetcher

Their are incompatibility issues between Audirvana and PS Audio Direct Stream DAC. Your PS Audio Stellar Gain cell may likewise be affected. There are no settings that will change this.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

On 5/20/2019 at 11:29 PM, glassetcher said:

OK, I have upgraded to 3.5.9 and have the same result.  

OK, think I found the solution, for me at least.  Someone suggested about power of 2 not working. That wasn’t the option, but it got me experimenting with some of the other settings. I was beginning to think there are thousands of permutations of settings, and this may be a lost cause. However, I stumbled across the Low Level Playback settings and discovered if I turned on the Exclusive Access option, I got music! With that on it also opened an Integer Mode option. That’s the one that has to be off for music to flow. Now I will have to play with some of the other options to see if it can be tweaked. At least I now have Audirvana via USB playing on the SGCD! 

3 hours ago, glassetcher said:

OK, think I found the solution, for me at least.  Someone suggested about power of 2 not working. That wasn’t the option, but it got me experimenting with some of the other settings. I was beginning to think there are thousands of permutations of settings, and this may be a lost cause. However, I stumbled across the Low Level Playback settings and discovered if I turned on the Exclusive Access option, I got music! With that on it also opened an Integer Mode option. That’s the one that has to be off for music to flow. Now I will have to play with some of the other options to see if it can be tweaked. At least I now have Audirvana via USB playing on the SGCD! 

So some other audio function had taken over and wasn't letting Audirvana get to the DAC.

Regarding integer mode, if the SGCD has its own driver, or is otherwise not set up to input integer mode, that would account for it.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 5/21/2019 at 9:27 AM, rodrigaj said:

@glassetcher

Their are incompatibility issues between Audirvana and PS Audio Direct Stream DAC. Your PS Audio Stellar Gain cell may likewise be affected. There are no settings that will change this.

I should have clarified. The problems with the PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w/ BridgeII  was with the DLNA functionality. I see that you are going directly via USB. Glad you got it sorted out.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

• 4 weeks later...

hi 

i have updated to the last version 3.5.13 ,and i would like to know if i can have the old color

i'm running high sierra , it becomes blue , i liked the old color gray

thanks

iMac sierra 10.12.6, mabook pro sierra 10.12.6 , iphone 6S

3 hours ago, gaia said:

hi 

i have updated to the last version 3.5.13 ,and i would like to know if i can have the old color

i'm running high sierra , it becomes blue , i liked the old color gray

thanks

try this thread for v3.5

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/55844-audirvana-plus-35/

yes you can have grey...

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 13.40.56 copy.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

9 minutes ago, Jozurr said:

Is there any way to auto start playing the file if I double click it from the finder, instead of adding to the now playing list?

In the Finder, go to Get Info (CMD-I) and choose Open With. Select Audirvana, then click Change All. If you have a large library, this might take a while, but should do what you want.

1 minute ago, bnbayer said:

In the Finder, go to Get Info (CMD-I) and choose Open With. Select Audirvana, then click Change All. If you have a large library, this might take a while, but should do what you want.

1 minute ago, bnbayer said:

When I do that, and double click on a file, it doesnt just start playing right away, it adds to playlist.

I want it to start playing right away