IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

On 2/28/2019 at 12:30 PM, damien78 said:

As announced, the first wave of private beta test is currently in progress. I'll open a second one middle of next week. If you're interested, send me a PM with your order # so I can identify you, and update your license key.

Great news, PM sent as well

Since Damien will start public beta tomorrow, I'll start a v3.5 new thread

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Dear Damien,

I am a new user in Mac, and consider to buy the Audirvana plus to play local FLAC files that I created from my CD.

Before my purchase, I would like to clarify some issues in Licensing.

Basically, I have tried to read previous threads here and understand the 15 days internet licence validation check.

I am planning to buy and install the Audirvana plus on a Macbook Air. I can activate it online at the moment I purchase, but it will then be used in place with no internet connection later.

May I know the consequence, in case My MBA have no internet connection after, eg 15 days.

1) will the Audirvana programme completely shut down?

or 2) I can still play my local FLAC files that I created from my CD?

Thank you.

This is true there needs to be a license check from time to time.

You will then need to connect your MBA not every 15 days, but only once every 60 days.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

To which audio device are you playing?

Is it a network player that could have a bad UPnP implementation? Maybe there is a firmware update available from its manufacturer fixing this issue.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

This may mean their network card is sourced from ConversDigital (the company behind mConnect also makes network adapters for DAC manufacturers). And if this is an old model, it may be affected by their compatibility bug with UPnP. It works somewhat after having woken it up with mConnect. It seems to need this proprietary command to have UPnP correctly up and running.

FYI, Cambridge Audio also has a similar issue, and has been working on a firmware fix. Though they have not released it so far.

6 minutes ago, damien78 said:

This may mean their network card is sourced from ConversDigital (the company behind mConnect also makes network adapters for DAC manufacturers). And if this is an old model, it may be affected by their compatibility bug with UPnP. It works somewhat after having woken it up with mConnect. It seems to need this proprietary command to have UPnP correctly up and running.

FYI, Cambridge Audio also has a similar issue, and has been working on a firmware fix. Though they have not released it so far.

Hopefully they come up with a fix.  I have listened all afternoon connected directly with a MacBook Pro without issue.  It definitely works perfectly with mConnect.  thanks for your response ;)

Slave mode control via AppleScript:

Damien, now that you are merging the Mac and Windows code, what are your plans for maintaining AppleScript functionality, including "Slave mode"?

I imagine that if 3.5 is based on a cross-platform framework like Qt, it will require extra work for you to continue to support AppleScript.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

I have A+ installed on a Mac Pro and installed it on a Macbook Pro to directly connect to my dac.  Now it says I have too many installs and to remove one.  I have deleted it from the Macbook Pro but when I attempt running it on the Mac Pro it still says too many installs.  I don't have it installed now on anything else.  How to fix this?  Thank you

I believe there is a scary-sounding option in the program itself to "permanently revoke my registration" or something like that.

Reinstall on Mac Pro, revoke the registration there, uninstall, and you should be good to go on MacBook.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

6 hours ago, Jud said:

I believe there is a scary-sounding option in the program itself to "permanently revoke my registration" or something like that.

Reinstall on Mac Pro, revoke the registration there, uninstall, and you should be good to go on MacBook.

Thank you Jud.  Damien got it straight for me ;)

hi i use audirvana on my macbook pro 2018, and since day one of using audirvana i experienced glitches where i hear very short cut outs, so i came to this site and people were blaming the new macbook pro, but why when i listen using tidal app this never ever happens

i used hugo 2 and chord qutest and ifi micro dsd black label all have this annoying issue where there all of a sudden a static sound is heard every now and then, but this never ever happened with using just tidal

knowing i do not do upsampling or use any eq, the only thing i did is used sysoptimyzer to be extreme

13 minutes ago, hykhleif said:

hi i use audirvana on my macbook pro 2018, and since day one of using audirvana i experienced glitches where i hear very short cut outs, so i came to this site and people were blaming the new macbook pro, but why when i listen using tidal app this never ever happens

i used hugo 2 and chord qutest and ifi micro dsd black label all have this annoying issue where there all of a sudden a static sound is heard every now and then, but this never ever happened with using just tidal

knowing i do not do upsampling or use any eq, the only thing i did is used sysoptimyzer to be extreme

Strange phenomenon! I am using a Mac mini 2018 and I never ever experience any glitches with Audirvana. With Roon I tend to get crackles at the beginning of a song, but not with Audirvana. That's why I switched to Audirvana. I am sorry, I know my answer doesn't help you.

I am using Deviate's AIR to stream to my Devialet and it runs perfectly well over Ethernet Cat 7a. Do you use WiFi? With WiFi I constantly run into trouble.

3 minutes ago, biosailor said:

Strange phenomenon! I am using a Mac mini 2018 and I never ever experience any glitches with Audirvana. With Roon I tend to get crackles at the beginning of a song, but not with Audirvana. That's why I switched to Audirvana. I am sorry, I know my answer doesn't help you.

I am using Deviate's AIR to stream to my Devialet and it runs perfectly well over Ethernet Cat 7a. Do you use WiFi? With WiFi I constantly run into trouble.

yes i use wifi as ethernet outlet is far from i sit, besides i do not want to use ethernet and cables

I experienced dropout glitches using Audirvana on my mid-2012 MacBook Pro with a Core i5 processor, 16GB of RAM and a 1TB Samsung SSD.  I posted about it here and did not receive any responses.  Other audio programs run fine on this MBP.  It was disappointing, as Audirvana sounds great when it isn't glitching out.

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk. 1 --> USB --> Matrix X-SPDIF 2 --> I2S --> PS Audio DirectStream Sr. DAC --> XLR --> Mark Levinson No. 326S --> RCA --> JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) --> RCA --> Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) --> Magnepan .7

14 minutes ago, Bootzilla said:

I experienced dropout glitches using Audirvana on my mid-2012 MacBook Pro with a Core i5 processor, 16GB of RAM and a 1TB Samsung SSD.  I posted about it here and did not receive any responses.  Other audio programs run fine on this MBP.  It was disappointing, as Audirvana sounds great when it isn't glitching out.

only last week did i start thinking no way macbook pro 2018 could cause issues to that extent, and since last week i have been using only tidal and no issues at all