IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

Hi, my DAC is a Pro-ject pre-box S2 digital, it is connected to a mac mini late 2018 with the latest version of Audirvana, in the MQA configuration it does not detect it and set it as a decoder, at the top right it tells me that the file is 24/192 and at the top left below the controls it puts me 24/48, it never goes over there, the files are local hosted in a rigida, it also happens with TIDAL, although the DAC on its screen mark accordingly, which may be wrong, do not change anything in the configuration

Thank you

image1[4245].jpeg

image2[4244].jpeg

On 12/22/2018 at 7:21 PM, cwich said:

Hello,
Currently I have a Marantz NR-1403 5.1 A/V receiver that is not in the same room as my Mac mini with Audirvana. Playing multi channel music with a direct HDMI cable connection works great with this setup but I don't want to move the Mac around all the time.

So, I am in search for a HiFi network player that can be controlled with Audirvana 3.2 and that is able to play multichannel audio, e.g. from 5.1 FLAC or DSF files. All HiFi network players I found so far only support stereo playing (Pioneer, Onkyo), are no longer available (Oppo) or have an android base (long booting times, limited usability).

Does anybody have a suggestion for a good multi channel capable HiFi network player? My budget is max. €1000, cheaper would be better of course.

Thanks for your help

Yeah, good question. I'm searching for one able to play mch files too via upnp...

@damien78

A technical question about replay gain.

My volume settings are set to "DAC only", however, with replay gain enabled the gain is applied on the software side (so before audio is sent to the DAC).

I've figured replay gain compensation is applied before AU Plugins.

So what is the order of the processing steps here?

Is it like this? ->

1. replay gain compensation

2. SRC

3. AU Plugins

?

Furthermore... is Dither applied after replay gain compensation?

Many thanks in advance!

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with DSD256. By mistake I posted this in the unofficial thread yesterday, but I guess it belongs here:

I have been using A+ for Windows for some time and am generally very happy with it. I have it upsample to DSD and send the result to mpd on a Linux machine via upmpdcli. The DAC is a Lampizator with Amanero,

There is one problem however: when I upsample to DSD256 initially all seems well (great SQ!) but after between 9 to 11 minutes of continuous playing, a hissing noise is added to the music. I tried several SOX settings but the problem always occurs after said playing time.

No problem when upsampling with HQPlayer to DSD256 into NAA.

Neither with A+ upsampling to DSD64 into upmpdcli/mpd.

Anyone has any idea what could be wrong?

audio system

On 12/26/2018 at 3:32 PM, photonman said:

So I have gone back to Tidal after a 6 month hiatus and noticed they have some "My Mixes" (similar to Spotify's Daily Mixes) but they do not seem to be exposed to Audirvana.  Is that something coming with an update to A+?

I found a workaround, I use the "New playlist" feature to create a playlist and then it shows up in "My Music" and thus also in Audirvana.  Hopefully their AI programs track those playlists.  So I have been updating my mixes monthly now as they do get curated it seems.  Right now I am on "My Mix 1-6 Jan 2019"

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

Received today the Pro-ject Stream Box S2 Ultra. Audirvana lets choose via UPnP the stream box and plays. Very nice.

But...audio-unit plugins are not working. Does anybody know why? I need au-plugin for my Dirac-live.

Any solutions? A Bug?

thanks

tom

MacBook Pro/ WS2019/AO /Roon & HAF - AudioPC ; Mutec mc-3+ usb - Yggdrasil - Ragnarok - Ecouton LQL 200 ; IMac/win10&AO Roon Core - ControlPC

31 minutes ago, DSD256 said:

Received today the Pro-ject Stream Box S2 Ultra. Audirvana lets choose via UPnP the stream box and plays. Very nice.

But...audio-unit plugins are not working. Does anybody know why? I need au-plugin for my Dirac-live.

Any solutions? A Bug?

thanks

tom

Hello Tom, 

just curious, I have been thinking about getting the Pro-ject Stream Box S2 Ultra as an alternative to using the Mac mini directly connected to my Wadia di122 DAC (been having unresolved usb audio issues between the Mac and the DAC). How do you find its sound?, and apart from the AU-plugins issue, how well does it work with Audirvana?

Hardware / Mac mini 2012 > Wadia di122 > Arcam FMJ A22 (upgraded) > Tannoy XT8

Software / Audirvana and ROON

48 minutes ago, DSD256 said:

Any solutions? A Bug?

thanks

tom

I thought I remembered seeing somewhere that 64-bit plugins should be used, but I'm not certain about that.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Bought a few minutes ago the windows version since it supports now vst3.

Surprise: Via UPnP /Project stream box s2 and audirvana vst3 plugins work. Because Dirac live vst3 isn't available in version 2, I've reactivated math audio room EQ.

What a nice nice sound.

So vst3 inside audirvana via UPnP on win10 work.

Seems that audirvana on Mac has a bug concerning plugin support when running through UPnP a stream box to DAC.

MacBook Pro/ WS2019/AO /Roon & HAF - AudioPC ; Mutec mc-3+ usb - Yggdrasil - Ragnarok - Ecouton LQL 200 ; IMac/win10&AO Roon Core - ControlPC

22 hours ago, Jud said:
10 hours ago, macuniverse said:

I have raised a similar concern previously re audio units plugin support when streaming from A+ to UPnP devices.

Then I found out, by trail and error, if you tick "Realtime Audiounits Control" option ON it disables the effects . Not only for DSD playback but everything else too (I don't use any upsampling) . Not sure this solves your issue but also just a note to the developer to check. 

Aahs ok, i will see if that fixes my problem...thanks

What I would really like to know - as I’m sure do many others - is when Audirvana+ 3.5 for Mac will be released. I’ve been toying the idea of ditching the Mac altogether and going the streamer route, but holding out in the hope that 3.5 will change my mind. It’s so long overdue now...

... been holding back, since october/november, the purchase of a NUC (to run ROCK only and ditch the Mac mini) just to see what A+ 3.5 comes out to be 🙄

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

6 hours ago, gLer said:

What I would really like to know - as I’m sure do many others - is when Audirvana+ 3.5 for Mac will be released. I’ve been toying the idea of ditching the Mac altogether and going the streamer route, but holding out in the hope that 3.5 will change my mind. It’s so long overdue now...

One surely has to be highly capable to be able to develop A+ alone and I appreciate this BUT:

a) maybe shouldn't have announced 3.5 as coming  'very soon' last ?! April, in the first place

b) these days can't help thinking that the Win version and its prospective bigger market is the new priority

c) at least can explain what's going on

Just my thoughts, and I've been patient.

36 minutes ago, Dreaming Jester said:

One surely has to be highly capable to be able to develop A+ alone and I appreciate this BUT:

a) maybe shouldn't have announced 3.5 as coming  'very soon' last ?! April, in the first place

b) these days can't help thinking that the Win version and its prospective bigger market is the new priority

c) at least can explain what's going on

Just my thoughts, and I've been patient.

+1

AFAIK, Audirvana 3.5 has been announced for launching before the Windows version.

Now he seems to give the Windows version priority.

Let us hope that we will get it until the end of 2019.......

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

18 minutes ago, matthias said:

+1

AFAIK, Audirvana 3.5 has been announced for launching before the Windows version.

Now he seems to give the Windows version priority.

Let us hope that we will get it until the end of 2019.......

Matt

I'm sure it will come well before the end of 2019. In fact it may be just around the corner. But no one told me so, it's just a guess :D

3 minutes ago, Dreaming Jester said:

I'm sure it will come well before the end of 2019. In fact it may be just around the corner. But no one told me so, it's just a guess :D

That would be OK.

I hope Damien will promote the Mac version as well so that the Windows version is not always a step ahead.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

8 hours ago, DSD256 said:

Yes, that did the trick!! Now it's working...perfect...thanks for your right direction macuniverse.

No worries, I hope Damien can fix this sooner than later. Without "realtime audio unit control" it's difficult to test the impact of  DSP effects and fine-tune them.

As for the v3.5, it feels like Windows version has the priority now. Not sure if Damien can sustain this mode of operation though; supporting two platforms with very limited resources.

Audirvana started to misbehave the last 2 days for me.

It doesn't list DLNA renderer/devices on my network anymore.

My Sony STR-DN1050 receiver used to be listed properly and I was playing music to it without problem.

It is now gone form the list, and I can only play locally.

It also doesn't list a new DLNA receiver based on MoOde player that I just added on my network.

I've restarted Audirvana many times, and restarted the receiver. Without success.

The receiver is shown properly in JRiver MC though, including also the new MoOde renderer.

Is there a way to trigger/force a refresh of the DLNA devices in Audirvana?

-----

responding to myself...

The reason is a conflict between Audirvana and JRiver. They both run a DLNA/UPnP server I believe. Depending on which once starts first, it becomes the winner.

Audirvana's UPnP server was basically not running. Turning off Jriver MC and restarting Audirvana solved the problem.

Is there a way to run multiple DLNA servers? On different ports or something and still have auto discovery?

1 hour ago, mimizone said:

Is there a way to run multiple DLNA servers?

Ok, I just tested it on my Macbook Pro. If you run A+ first it will see the DLNA renderers (not servers, see below) and you can select the one you need. Then if you run JRiver second, it will see both DLNA renderers and servers; and can grab the renderer already selected by A+ and play to it. If you stop JRiver and go back to A+ (still running, not playing) and play to the same renderer it will play also. However, if you run JRIver first A+ cannot see any of the renderers.

I'm pretty sure A+ is not running as a Server (where other devices can see its library content) or Renderer (where A+ can see other DLNA servers' content and play from them). It's just a streamer to DLNA renderers or play to local devices (i.e., A+ laptop -> USB -> DAC)