IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

@InVino

Looks like something happens with the database... 

Database is sqlite format, located on

/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/Audirvana/AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite

I'd backup that file first. Wisest thing to do as @RunHomeSlow points is a wipe & re-import given that the database seems to be tainted.

By the way, you can take a peek at the database contents with SQlite browser

On 2/11/2019 at 9:18 AM, Bob Stern said:

How will your script know when you've finished playing a track and you're ready to feed it the next track?

Audirvana will only be “the client” which play the tracks. My thinking is that the other app will be the UI and will send the information of the tracks currently playing. 

So the script does not necessarily need to know when the track has ended in Audirvana. However, it needs to make sure that the seek times are aligned.

i will try your approach of playing a track.

thank you again for your help.

isep

Sorry if this is not the place to post this question.

I just got Audirvana 3 and I noted there are options for different Converters: Izzotope and Sox and lots of parameters to adjust. I am trying to use the Audirvana with an Oppo205 Day section. Any advice what converter to choose or parameters?. Due to the installation at my place is almost imposible to try different set ups to figure out on my own. Thank you

3 hours ago, jorgitok said:

Sorry if this is not the place to post this question.

I just got Audirvana 3 and I noted there are options for different Converters: Izzotope and Sox and lots of parameters to adjust. I am trying to use the Audirvana with an Oppo205 Day section. Any advice what converter to choose or parameters?. Due to the installation at my place is almost imposible to try different set ups to figure out on my own. Thank you

You will get as many different answers as people have preferences, so if you choose upsampling (1) upsample to DSD if your computer can handle it, using the highest order modulator you can (B 8th order unless unstable or you decide you don't like the sound), otherwise max PCM resolution; and (2) for the rest, stay with the defaults unless someone else with the same DAC makes a persuasive argument for changing them.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I think either is very good, and which you like (if you have a preference for either) can vary by system, personal taste, etc. That said, I personally am using Sox right now.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

No problem - enjoy!  And feel free to return with more questions. There are many helpful people here.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Dreaming Jester said:

So, 'the 2nd half of February' would actually be the very last day of February or even beyond?

Maybe he needs a 31 days month...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Yes, new design must be working multiplateformes now i guess. Have faith, must be just around.

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

I’m sure he will never give dates again for future releases 😀

26 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

I’m sure he will never give dates again for future releases 😀

I have recommended this, because the answer must always be "when it is ready." But at the same time, many of us in understandable anticipation ask "When?", and that is hard to ignore.