IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

Hi guys, new here and this is my first post, but long time member of Head-Fi and other forums.

Quick question, as I couldn't find the answer via search: any idea when AV+ 3.5 will be released. 'Soon' is long gone since the AV+ blog announced it... 

Much obliged. 

1 minute ago, herriman said:

I apologize in advance if my ask has already been answered. My mac has 4 GB memory ram. Is it enough? I mean: how much memory ram needs Audirvana just for itself? Must I improve it (to 16 Gb, for instance)? . when I run audirvana the free memory is about 2 Gb. thank you very much.

I'm also very interested in the answer to this. I found Audirvana running on a 4GB 2015 mini much slower and more 'glitchy' than Audirvana on a 10GB 2012 mini, so I believe RAM does make a significant difference to performance, especially if you're going to be upsampling or playing DSD files. 

On 10/16/2018 at 3:01 PM, RunHomeSlow said:

it is supposed to be out this fall... i guess before Christmas as Damien just said it will be presented in Alpha mode this weekend :)

Hi - did anyone get to see and use the 3.5 Alpha? Any feedback on look/feel/stability/features? Any update on release date? 

12 minutes ago, Dreaming Jester said:

I have the feeling that Damien is keeping the best for last..uuh...Christmas present, sort of 9_9

Hopefully sooner rather than later. I’m currently deciding between Mac and switching to a lightweight platform like Pi for music. AV 3.5+ will be a decisive factor.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What I would really like to know - as I’m sure do many others - is when Audirvana+ 3.5 for Mac will be released. I’ve been toying the idea of ditching the Mac altogether and going the streamer route, but holding out in the hope that 3.5 will change my mind. It’s so long overdue now...