IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

Hey Damien,

Downloaded 3.0.1 after being a new user totally and have liked it a lot ever since. Previously I used my iPhone and tidal. The quality was good in my opinion but since downloading A+ I am more impressed in particular with the MQA stuff on Tidal, just wish the library was bigger but that will come in time perhaps.

My question is, do you have an idea of when direct mode will be fixed for the latest Mac update? Am I missing out on much for not being able to use it currently? I have seen the posts saying that it works on everything before the current most recent update. Annoying as I only upgraded just before I bought A+ yesterday and wish I had stayed on El Capitan now!!

Please let me know if possible thanks.

Even though direct mode doesn't work on latest mac software, am I missing a lot as a result? I have never used A+ before you see.

I could tell the difference when I tried back in version 2.1 or so. I haven't updated to v3 so can't be sure now. It will of course depend on your system and how revealing it is, and also probably on what Mac model and how it is set up - and of course on your ears! i seem to recall there is a fix knocking around, but if you can't find it or it doesn't fix it, then you like what you currently hearing it may be better not to worry about it!

Thanks for the reply.

At the moment my system is:

MacBook Air - latest model on sierra

A+ 3.0.1

Chord C line USB

DAC V1

Naim DIN-XLR

NAP 250DR

Chord Odyssey 2 speaker wire

B&W 683 S2

Currently trying to decide if my USB cable could do with being upgraded. Or the preamp for that matter..

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile