IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

1.Using batch file/library/compute replaygain keeps crashing and crashing! Every fifth album audirvana 3.07 crashes.

Really annoying when 3000 albums need to be processed.

Same 3000 albums through foobar or with Roon without any problems in one hour.

2.When having from one album 2 different releases, audirvana puts the albums in one album in the album view. Apparently, audirvana ignores the location, because usually when duplicate albums are present, they are stored in a different place for some reasons. For example i have an album in the original release and the same album in  a remastered version, etc. Audirvana ignored this. Audrivana puts them in one album in the album view. Audirvana also ignores the sampling rate.
So I have one and the same album, one in 44,1khz and another of HDtracks in 192khz in the same folder in the album view. Why not use the sampling rate to avoid this?
This turns to another problem...it causes a problem when calculating replaygain. Then audirvana crashes. Next problem is tagging...

3.If I listen to an album in the album view and then i'm looking through my collection in the album view, the view suddenly flips back to the album that I'm listening to and I have to look for the album again Just looked at me.
Very annoying!!

4. Why does audirvana not do replaygain when first reading all the files? Tested it on two different computers.

Its very annoying doing it album for album. the batch method is buggy as hell and crashes after 5-8 album audrivana.

MacBook Pro/ WS2019/AO /Roon & HAF - AudioPC ; Mutec mc-3+ usb - Yggdrasil - Ragnarok - Ecouton LQL 200 ; IMac/win10&AO Roon Core - ControlPC

8 hours ago, Jud said:

Don't know about album view because I don't tend to use it, but you can certainly use sampling rate, format, and various other criteria to separate copies of an album in track view.  What options does the View menu give you?

This option is not offered. btw audirvana should do this by itself. 

5. why do you not offer an album view with actual folder structure on hd? i'm missing this very very hard. i think with the location option audirvana will not sort different albums in one album.

6. where do i find an option to exclude .cue files? audirvana reads them and makes two albums out of one in the case the cue file is present in the folder. this leeds to the next problem: tagging and replay is not available!!

7. i did an screen capture to show the album view bug. starting an album in album view. next i'm looking in he collection...maybe i'm computing replaygain with albums....the view flips back

constantly to actual album. Audirvan 3.07 Album View flp back bug

MacBook Pro/ WS2019/AO /Roon & HAF - AudioPC ; Mutec mc-3+ usb - Yggdrasil - Ragnarok - Ecouton LQL 200 ; IMac/win10&AO Roon Core - ControlPC

8. i did an screen capture regarding that audirvana mixes two different albums from different musicians in one folder in album view: audirvana mixes two different albums in one album folder in album view

tags are correct...checked multiple times...in different software like foobar, roon ect...no problems.

another screen capture vid regarding flipping back to playing album in album view...flip back

Another very annoying behaviour:

9. i want to mark in album view some albums with mouse to put them in a playlist:

mark some albums in album view 

What is that?

How do i delete an album from a playlist?

10. an albums is shown in the album view with three tracks each instead one:

audirvana shows single tracks three times

Audirvana sounds fantastic, but the more I deal with it, the more bugs jump at me.

Now 3000 albums are inside...it seems audirvana can't manage it.

11. In eight of 10 albums in 88.2 or 96 176.4 or 192khz, Audirvana does not recognize the front cover when reading into the library. I'm forced to add each cover individually to the libraryview. This costs time because as it looks, Audirvan calculates the cover in the flac.
In the album folder are front and back.jpg, it often happens that audirvana chooses the back.jpg as front.

Select genres under Display options. In the lower view, I now have 357 albums, which are supposed to belong to no genre.
I now call an album of it so I do not see a single title. If I search the album about the audirvana search, audirvana shows me the album and the titles. If i look at a single track, tagging is correct.

Albums in genre view without titles

The 12 bugs are repeatable on two machines, my macbook and my imac. About 3300 albums are in my library.

It seems i'm alone with these bugs:-)

• 1 year later...

Received today the Pro-ject Stream Box S2 Ultra. Audirvana lets choose via UPnP the stream box and plays. Very nice.

But...audio-unit plugins are not working. Does anybody know why? I need au-plugin for my Dirac-live.

Any solutions? A Bug?

thanks

tom

Bought a few minutes ago the windows version since it supports now vst3.

Surprise: Via UPnP /Project stream box s2 and audirvana vst3 plugins work. Because Dirac live vst3 isn't available in version 2, I've reactivated math audio room EQ.

What a nice nice sound.

So vst3 inside audirvana via UPnP on win10 work.

Seems that audirvana on Mac has a bug concerning plugin support when running through UPnP a stream box to DAC.

22 hours ago, Jud said:
10 hours ago, macuniverse said:

I have raised a similar concern previously re audio units plugin support when streaming from A+ to UPnP devices.

Then I found out, by trail and error, if you tick "Realtime Audiounits Control" option ON it disables the effects . Not only for DSD playback but everything else too (I don't use any upsampling) . Not sure this solves your issue but also just a note to the developer to check. 

Aahs ok, i will see if that fixes my problem...thanks

• 5 months later...

I've changed my project stream box S2 ultra to the auralic aries LE as streaming bridge.

S2 did work ok with latest audirvana via UPnP/DLNA. However with aries UPnP/DLNA as output, playback stops on mac and win latest operating systems mojave/win 10 1903, after one or two tracks.

Checked an older audirvana version on mac...the same...:-(

Is there a workaround or a fix for this?

Checked on win10 foobar2000...no playback problems here. iriver apparently has no playback problems either.

aries support wrote a few minutes ago...:

"we no longer support regular UPnP protocol officially now, the control software has to be OpenHime based otherwise it may or may not work."

mmmhh...

i want to keep for sure audirvana...imo it sounds best among all other software player i've tried...so i need a working solution.

What other streaming bridge options i do have that work flawlessly in audirvana on macos/win10?

the streamer should not have a dac inside...need only the bridge function like the project S2 or the aries LE offer.

Sound quality should be at least on the level of the Aries and my budget goes up to 1200€.

furthermore the streamer should have aes/ebu as well as coax output besides usb

Love to hear from the community some suggestions.

aes/ebu seems to be the best sounding connection into my schiit yggdrasil.

thanks

tom