IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

By the way, an Oddity, I don't know if this is the way it is supposed to be, or if my Computer did it or what, but it put Audirvana Plus 3, as Audirvana Plus 2 in my applications folder next to my copy of Audirvana Plus 2.6.6

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33806[/ATTACH]

The 2 simply refers to it being the second Audirvana Plus program in the applications folder. Nothing to do with the version number.

Qobuz individual tracks are greyed out. Error message says they cannot be streamed. Rebooted modem earlier. Can stream fun in qobuz app.

Greyed out normally means that the album is available for download, but not streaming.

When you play it in the app does it play the whole track, or just the first 30 seconds? If it doesn't play the whole track it's just giving you a short preview.

I believe it's a subhead of "New," but I could be wrong - will try to check later this afternoon or evening.

It is, but that's just a subset of what MQA albums are available - with Beyoncé always first of course.

I'm surprised that Tidal haven't provided someway of identifying the MQA albums given the publicity they gave to being able to stream MQA.

But more on topic, does the "New" category in A+ and the A+ remote have the same albums as you find looking at the "New" category in the Tidal desktop app? 'Cause that's really all we can ask of Damien, I think - anything else is on the Tidal folks.

I believe so - certainly I saw very familiar ones from Tidal in the Audirvana list.

Still confused. How do I know if I'm listening to a Tidal "Master"? If I want to listen to "Masters", how do I go about doing that in Audirvana Plus? Sorry, I must be missing something.

If you're listening to an MQA album on Tidal you'll see the text MQA on the top right of the screen where it shows the file type/bit depth, sampling frequency etc.

J@damien, One small problem I noticed is that the MQA info displayed by Audirvana is wrong, only some albums/tacks appear as 24/96 kHz and the rest as 24/44.1 or 24/192 or even as 24/352.8. I'm not doing any up-sampling in Audirvana!

However, the incoming MQA track info appears correctly on my DAC as either 24/88.2 kHz or 24/96 Khz as it should be.

I think the 'incorrect' values are the MQA correct and they're showing the resolution of the MQA tracks. If you've not got an MQA DAC then the software decoding in Audiovana has a maximum resolution of 24/88.2-96. If you had an MQA DAC you'd see 24/192 etc. on the DAC (assuming the MQA file is being passed to the DAC without any software decoding).