IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

I recently updated to v3.x and using DLNA (wireless) to stream DSD up-sampled tracks to the Yamaha Musicast end point. I'm impressed with the SQ as usual.

However the playback behaviour is a bit of hit and miss. When I play an album, say starting with track 1, sometimes it follows the natural order, another time starts skipping tracks. If I click on "next track" icon sometimes it goes to next one, another time skips the next one and goes to the one below it. It's throughly random, I cannot replicate it. I also have JRiver and it works just fine with the same setup using DLNA. Local playback (on the same Macbook Pro) is fine.

Any idea what's going on here?

Is there any plan for A+ to implement an option to save a session to preserve the current settings under a name?

I have a number of DACs, headphones and streaming end points. As an example, when I change from DAC 1 to DAC 2 I need to re-run through the "Preferences" to set them up properly; including audio device, audio units, any re-sampling options, etc. It's a real pain.

11 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Hello, i think you could load your DAC1 preferences in A+ and save the file somewhere else in your Mac, then redo it for DAC2...

Close A+.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System... When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom... click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever.

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences...
Copy that file: com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist

Thanks for the work-around. Frankly I expect a pro level paid app to have this option. Even if you want to experiment with different re-sampling options for the same audio chain this functionality would be very handy to have.

9 hours ago, pl_svn said:

setting two users, and switching among them as needed, is way easier ;)

shouldn't even be a problem with A+ license as long as the App in /Applications

Thanks. In theory it works if the intention is to setup two users, not testing several options for different hardware/software combinations. Otherwise we probably end up with 20+ different users?

• 7 months later...

Can someone confirm the following for me please?

I'm streaming from Tidal to a microRendu uPnP renderer. I have a convolution file (in Reverberate Core) Audio Unit running and I suspect A+ is not processing it.

Does A+ process audio units only for the local library files and skip streaming services?

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, DSD256 said:

Yes, that did the trick!! Now it's working...perfect...thanks for your right direction macuniverse.

No worries, I hope Damien can fix this sooner than later. Without "realtime audio unit control" it's difficult to test the impact of  DSP effects and fine-tune them.

As for the v3.5, it feels like Windows version has the priority now. Not sure if Damien can sustain this mode of operation though; supporting two platforms with very limited resources.

1 hour ago, mimizone said:

Is there a way to run multiple DLNA servers?

Ok, I just tested it on my Macbook Pro. If you run A+ first it will see the DLNA renderers (not servers, see below) and you can select the one you need. Then if you run JRiver second, it will see both DLNA renderers and servers; and can grab the renderer already selected by A+ and play to it. If you stop JRiver and go back to A+ (still running, not playing) and play to the same renderer it will play also. However, if you run JRIver first A+ cannot see any of the renderers.

I'm pretty sure A+ is not running as a Server (where other devices can see its library content) or Renderer (where A+ can see other DLNA servers' content and play from them). It's just a streamer to DLNA renderers or play to local devices (i.e., A+ laptop -> USB -> DAC)