IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

15 hours ago, dahlberg said:

Is there a convolver plugin that will work with Audirvana ?

Are you asking because you want to use a room EQ program other than Dirac, such as Room EQ Wizard or Uli Brueggemann's Acourate?

If so, any AU type convolver plugin should work, but most of them haven’t been updated in years, so you should ask their developers if they are compatible with your version of OS X.

SIR2 Reverb is $145 (after their 25% discount) and updated this year, but the website has no reference to OS 10.11 (El Capitan) or 10.12 (Sierra).

Liquid Sonic Reverberate Core is $40 but was last updated 9/2015.

MellowMuse IR1A is $50 but was last updated 12/2014.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/7/2017 at 0:11 PM, camott said:

Audirvana does not support importing standard convolution files from REW, Acourate, etc.

REW actually calculates a frequency response correction as multiple parametric EQ filters.  It then derives an impulse response (convolution file) from that.  So there is no benefit to using convolution to implement a response curve calculated by REW.

Acourate is the opposite.  Its native output is an impulse response (convolution file).  Therefore, you'd need a convolution plugin to use Acourate filters with Audirvana.  Convolution plugins include:

Liquid Sonic Reverberate $40

MellowMuse $50

SIR $143 (with the perpetually offered 25% discount)

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

On 6/7/2017 at 1:39 PM, skatbelt said:

I did use FabFilter Pro-Q 2 with A+. Not cheap but very transparent.

MetricHalo's ChannelStrip 3 also is completely transparent and often is on sale for $75.  (FabFilter is $200.)  Although its interface is not a pretty as FabFilter's, I like its option to enter EQ values as numerical parameters instead of relying entirely on graphs or simulated knobs: 

http://mhsecure.com/metric_halo/products/software/channelstrip-3.html

Apple's built-in (free) plugins may be just as good.  Although entering the EQ values is a bit more tedious, you can save them as presets.

Alternatively, Amarra's sQ+, $50, is a system-wide driver, not a plugin, so it applies the EQ to all audio outputted by the Mac, not just audio from a plugin host such as Audirvana.  I've never tried it, so I don’t know whether it's compatible with Audirvana's Direct Mode.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Rezseeker said:

Avangate’s asking for a cooy of recent credit card bill and a copy of photo identification card.

Sounds like your friend got hacked.  Hard to imagine a legitimate payment processor would ask for that.  Will be interested to read Damien's response.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, isep said:

May i know if anybody has managed to use the AppleScript to play tracks in Audirvana 3?

I have tried many times and still cannot make it to work, especially the "set playing track" and "set next track" calls.

It would help if you'd provide the AppleScript code you've written and what exactly you're trying to accomplish.

If you're only trying to simulate the forward and back buttons by moving forward or back one track at a time, the commands are "next track" and "back track", without "set".

The AppleScript dictionary says "set playing track" and "set next track" work only in Slave mode.  Do you understand what Slave mode is?  I doubt that is what you want.  Slave mode runs Audirvana as a music renderer without any user interface, library or queue.  It is up to your AppleScript to feed it only one or two tracks at a time using "set playing track" and "set next track" and to use NSDistributedNotifications in Objective-C or Swift to receive notifications when a track is finished and you need to send it the next track to play.

If a track currently is playing, "back track" moves to the beginning of the track just as the back arrow button does in the user interface, so you have to send that command twice to move to the previous track.  OTOH, if the track currently is at the 0 seconds position, a single "back track" command moves to the previous track.  This can be confusing.

I've only scripted it in interactive mode, not slave mode, in which case I add at track via:

tell application "Audirvana Plus" to open alias trackPath

Since I've never used "set playing track" I can only guess at its syntax, but you might try prefacing the URL string with file://

How will your script know when you've finished playing a track and you're ready to feed it the next track?

• 1 month later...

Slave mode control via AppleScript:

Damien, now that you are merging the Mac and Windows code, what are your plans for maintaining AppleScript functionality, including "Slave mode"?

I imagine that if 3.5 is based on a cross-platform framework like Qt, it will require extra work for you to continue to support AppleScript.