IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

I have A+ 2.6.6 purchased last summer. Do I need to delete that version in order to fully hear 3.0? Or do I just download 3.0 and run it without regard to 2.6.6?

Thanks!

I am running them both side by side right now, so no. Just click "keep both" when installing it.

No electron left behind.

Well then, do most users think the result is better using upsampling or not in terms of ultimate sound quality? I assume many are just not willing to go through the process upsampling entails so Damien's tweeting matters to them. Since I do upsample May I assume the only possible difference in sound in 3.0 will relate to Tidal Masters played through the MQA process?

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

What huge process does up sampling entail?

No electron left behind.

Did you open the image file and then copy over the new version of the app?

Of course I did, when I went to the A+ website to download it AFTER THE IN APP DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, AND RESTART FAILED TO WORK...

Downloading it from the website worked Damien, it is only the in app installer that did not work, as I said initially.

No electron left behind.

@bobbmd

I don't think so, seam to be different issue regarding a Luxman DA06 DAC incompabilitly with A+ version 3

I have a Luxman DA06 and its working fine, but I am on Mac OS Sierra

Are you trying to use Direct Mode by chance? I can't remember when that stopped working. Did you replace the kext file to get Direct Mode working after Apple borked it?

No electron left behind.

A few days ago I purchased the Audirvana 3.0 upgrade. I run Audirvana on 2 computers using the same license. This has never been a problem. With Audirvana 3.0 I run into problems now each time I start Audirvana. I’ve sent several emails to Damien but got no response. I am just wondering if I am the only one encountering this problem.

After the install on the first Mac entering the license key caused no problems. After the install on the second Mac I got the message that the key was invalid. I started in Trial mode and entered the key later, which was accepted.

For one day it was possible to run Audirvana on 2 Macs (I did not try simultaneously as I never do that).

Since yesterday I encounter the problem that when starting Audirvana I get the message ‘Too many installs’. When I start in Trial mode and enter the key later the key is accepted and all runs fine. I have to go through this procedure each time I start Audirvana.

Maybe Damien reads this and can offer some help to solve this.

To me that sounds like normal behavior if the licensing scheme has changed to only allow one Install per license. I do know that previously you could install it on multiple computers. I am glad I know this as I was going to install it on multiple computers today as well.

No electron left behind.

Running Mac OS Maverick I'm always use Exclusive and Direct Mode with A+ 2.6 and Luxman DA06.

I already have tried to disable both Modes and the still happens.

Even though I'm using Maverick ,where both Modes works, I need to replace de kext file that you mentioned? I believe not...

I would like to keep currently Mac OS Maverick that IMO faster than Sierra (boot less than 15seg) and considering this Mac is dedicated to A+

ok, I just couldn't remember when that changed. Do not change any kext files. Were you trying to play MQA files without telling A+ that the DA06 is not an MQA certified device?

No electron left behind.

Two computers is allowed, but it does not work with me!

3.3. License Grant

This Agreement entitles you to install and use one copy of THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT. In addition, you may make one archival copy of THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT. The archival copy must be on a storage medium other than a hard drive, and may only be used for the reinstallation of THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT. This Agreement does not permit the simultaneous use of more than one copy of THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or the installation of THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT on more than two computers that belongs to you at any given time, on a system that allows shared used of applications, on a multi-user network, or on any configuration or system of computers that allows multiple users. Multiple copy use or installation is only allowed if you obtain an appropriate licensing agreement for each user and each copy of THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT, with the exception of the installation on a second computer owned by you for your exclusive use with the express condition that this second copy is not used simultaneously with the main one.

I don't know where you get two computers out of that...

"This Agreement entitles you to install and use one copy of THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT."

No electron left behind.

ok, I just couldn't remember when that changed. Do not change any kext files. Were you trying to play MQA files without telling A+ that the DA06 is not an MQA certified device?

Or, to make it simpler. Did you tell A+ that the DA06 is an MQA certified renderer or decoder while trying to play an MQA file?

No electron left behind.

No, A+ auto detects that Luxman is not a MQA device so I didn't change it.

I have tried my another Mac running OS Sierra, without direct, exclusive, and interge Modes and similar issues occurred! A+ starting load first track taking a long time and after shows "error to starting playback"...

I will try to remove Tidal app from my both Mac because I'm suspecting it may causing A+ issues

huh, you have me stumped.

It is my understanding the DA06 has a standard USB 2.0 compliant input.

No electron left behind.

it's not a matter of "being lucky": it's about working on your file's metadata ;)

hope that A+ will magically fix missing/bad/poor/wrong metadata? :-0

good luck with that :P

I have put a ton of effort into my metadata and A+ starting with the upgrade to 2.6.6 screwed it all up... It is perfect everywhere else in every other player...

No electron left behind.

@AudioDoctor

My Luxman DA06 is from 2014

Regarding to A+ v3 compabilty with some DACs, now I realized that in A+ download site has a disclaimer talking about it that includes Luxman' DAC, Teac, and others. There as special A+ v3 version, AudirvanaPlus_3.0.0.1-teac.dmg, to workaround but didn't worked to Luxman too.

I had to rolled back to version 2.6.6 and everything is working fine again with Luxman DA06.

I have already bought A+ v3 upgrade from v2, so I hope @damien78 could solve this issue as soon as possible!

Interesting... But you downloaded the "fix" version and it didn't work... Did you do an upgrade install or did you do a clean install?

No electron left behind.