IGNORED

Is LH Labs still in business?

Hi folks. I have a support ticket open with them now for 31 days, 13 hours, with no response. I've pinged multiple times. No way to reach them by telephone. Wondering if anyone knows how to get a hold of these people, assuming they are still in business. A terrible way to treat customers and the result is they get bad press here. Thanks. JCR

They're still in business but woefully understaffed. Just keep pinging them and eventually you'll hear back but the key is to be persistent.

Hi folks. I have a support ticket open with them now for 31 days, 13 hours, with no response. I've pinged multiple times. No way to reach them by telephone. Wondering if anyone knows how to get a hold of these people, assuming they are still in business. A terrible way to treat customers and the result is they get bad press here. Thanks. JCR

PC with PPA Studio V3 USB card > LH Labs LPS4 > Light Harmonic LightSpeed 10G Split > LH Labs Pulse X ∞ > DHC Complement 4 Ag > Fostex TH900

I received an email yesterday about a sale on Geek Out 2. The customer support and lead times are an issue.

It looks like they are shipping and honoring warrenty items. The time frames are long.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

They have always responded very quickly to all of my tickets (probably a dozen of them over the last few years), even as recently as a month ago. I always get a response the same day or at the latest, the next day.

So yes, still in business and responding to my tickets. However........ I am still waiting for my Vi Dac Tube even though I am number 25 on the list for this DAC, which is very depressing.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

They have always responded very quickly to all of my tickets (probably a dozen of them over the last few years), even as recently as a month ago. I always get a response the same day or at the latest, the next day.

So yes, still in business and responding to my tickets. However........ I am still waiting for my Vi Dac Tube even though I am number 25 on the list for this DAC, which is very depressing.

They responded to a question just yesterday.

Still waiting on Geek Source and Geek Wave.

Duke of Madness\"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro\" - Raoul Duke from the sports desk

I bought my Ggekout used. It is quite ok. Better than dragonfly red. I got it cheaper than the original auction and had no risk with the initial funding as the discount was tempting. Some of my local audio friends bought from a dealer who organised group buy. It became such a mess. I'm amazed the professional reviewers who swarmed over them now don't say a word.

• 3 weeks later...

"I am still waiting for my Vi Dac Tube even though I am number 25 on the list for this DAC, which is very depressing."

I have no idea where I am in the queue, but I haven't heard from them about the VI Tube DAC for me either.  I opened a ticket today to ask them how they were getting on, but frankly, I've lost confidence.

Caveat Emptor and all of that, these were the risks, but it still makes it frustrating.  Glad I already have/had a decent DAC.

--

Audio System: Mac Mini (w/Roon) -> USB -> NAD Masters M51 -> Ayre K-5xeMP -> Ayre V-5xe -> Thiel CS3.7's

I am also waiting on a VI Tube Dac however, I am one of the lucky ones that received a Vi Infinity as a "place marker" until the tube version is done. I will say the Vi is darn good sounding!

Den: Kef LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Lumin D1, Cayin SCD50T, Jolida D9, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 7 IC

Livingroom: T+A PA1530 r Integrated Amplifier, Innous Zen MKIII, L.K.S audio MH Da004, Tyler Acoustics Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal IC, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 8 Speaker cable. 

1 hour ago, erniejade said:

I am also waiting on a VI Tube Dac however, I am one of the lucky ones that received a Vi Infinity as a "place marker" until the tube version is done. I will say the Vi is darn good sounding!

Wow - color me jealous!

--

Audio System: Mac Mini (w/Roon) -> USB -> NAD Masters M51 -> Ayre K-5xeMP -> Ayre V-5xe -> Thiel CS3.7's

1 hour ago, erniejade said:

Lucky guy!  I am guessing you must have compromising pics of Larry Ho?

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

40 minutes ago, Blake said:

Lucky guy!  I am guessing you must have compromising pics of Larry Ho?

Nice Blake!  I opted to upgrade to the Vi DAC Tube SE and am number 41 of 53 so I guess I'll be retired before I get it.

PC with PPA Studio V3 USB card > LH Labs LPS4 > Light Harmonic LightSpeed 10G Split > LH Labs Pulse X ∞ > DHC Complement 4 Ag > Fostex TH900

1 hour ago, Blake said:

Lucky guy!  I am guessing you must laughingcompromising pics of Larry Ho?

I was drinking when I read that and almost spit my drink out laughIng    

I guess they offered IT to a few people. 

Den: Kef LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Lumin D1, Cayin SCD50T, Jolida D9, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 7 IC

Livingroom: T+A PA1530 r Integrated Amplifier, Innous Zen MKIII, L.K.S audio MH Da004, Tyler Acoustics Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal IC, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 8 Speaker cable. 

16 hours ago, germay0653 said:

Nice Blake!  I opted to upgrade to the Vi DAC Tube SE and am number 41 of 53 so I guess I'll be retired before I get it.

Are SE versions being delivered before or after non-SE versions?   If SE versions are coming later, yeah, you will need to bequeath your place in line for your Vi SE to your children's children.

On 3/3/2017 at 6:53 PM, DukeOfMdns said:

They responded to a question just yesterday.

Still waiting on Geek Source and Geek Wave.

By now they should call it the Waive.  (Yup, one of the "lucky buyers" too.)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

13 minutes ago, Jud said:

By now they should call it the Waive.  (Yup, one of the "lucky buyers" too.)

I had a little of that, too.  I am waiting for the Waive, too. (like the term)

One thing is it cured me of Crowdfunding for anything other than very low cost/low risk things.

--

42 minutes ago, Bromo33333 said:

I had a little of that, too.  I am waiting for the Waive, too. (like the term)

One thing is it cured me of Crowdfunding for anything other than very low cost/low risk things.

In the end, I got everything I paid for, and only a few months late, but I also stopped buying when I saw the delays to the Pulse DACs; i.e., didn't get caught up in the Wave ;) or any other add-ons.

FYI, I've got an extra Pulse with every upgrade except the final "infinity" package (can provide details, if anyone's interested) - I had originally planned to use it in a home office which hasn't materialized :/  so willing to let it go to a good home ;)

I'm using the "infinity"-upgraded DAC for my regular headphone system, and it's working very well :)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

On 3/4/2017 at 5:50 AM, Blake said:

However........ I am still waiting for my Vi Dac Tube even though I am number 25 on the list for this DAC, which is very depressing.

Ho.Ly.Shite.

That's horrendous! As I found out several months ago, I was 1 of the lucky few who got my Infinity 2.0 Pulse back in November 2015. It was due to some sort of internal LH Labs mistake where they actually sent a product to a pre-paid customer... But I can't believe we're now in March 2017, coming up on 3.5 years since the original Pulse campaign started, and there are STILLLLLLLLL people who haven't received their gear... Yes, the Vi spawned out of that later, but seriously, that's a long damn time. So long that I'd even forgotten about it and just figured everyone MUST have gotten their stuff by now. Sorry to hear that's not the case.

Those Wave, Source, and Amp campaigns/perks are really unfortunate write offs now, IMHO. The Vi DAC is too :-/

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2017 at 1:18 PM, Ben-M said:

Those Wave, Source, and Amp campaigns/perks are really unfortunate write offs now, IMHO. The Vi DAC is too :-/

The back end of it is always the same when large campaigns end and the companies are small - they run out of cash, and can't afford to fill the orders, so try to "organically" get the money to ship products from ongoing sales.

For a tale of woe every bit as big if not bigger (at the risk of going off topic) dig into "The Coolest Cooler"

--

True  but at least with the coolest cooler,  when he ran out of money, he emailed people and was up front about it and gave people a choice to pay more or wait until they had the money   

On 4/21/2017 at 6:46 PM, erniejade said:

True  but at least with the coolest cooler,  when he ran out of money, he emailed people and was up front about it and gave people a choice to pay more or wait until they had the money   

You make a good point, though he did sell a large amount of his inventory to Amazon which was eventually discounted to the amount pledged by the early pledges.

It's a bad situation all around.  But yeah, he chose to be honest, which is better than not, I guess.  

LH Labs is just doing delay after delay with no "whelp, we can't fill these orders"

--

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Thiel went through ownership changes. I think they lost the path without Jim Thiel there. 

LH seems on path. Not sure I can see the path, but very consistent. 

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

11 hours ago, Panelhead said:

Thiel went through ownership changes. I think they lost the path without Jim Thiel there. 

LH seems on path. Not sure I can see the path, but very consistent. 

The Thiel story is a long an tragic one tipped off by the death of Jim Thiel, who was the main technical light of the place.  The company struggled for years with his wife doing a terrific job in trying to keep the line moving, but eventually sold the business to a company that wanted to carry it forward.  That company made a couple of moves that ignored the Thiel "secret sauce" and the business imploded.  To be fair, it is rare that a company can outlive its founder.

LH Labs is struggling with making the easy-to-make mistake of going to Crowdfunding without a product to sell, just a promise to develop one.  And they ran into some serious design and production problems that got passed onto their customers.

--