IGNORED

USB-Optical Converter....

SWL3600

I just ordered the ifi micro-link USB-OPTICAL converter.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm curious if it will actually sound better than the Behringer UCA-202.....got a feeling it will (it better!)

I'll post my results/impressions when I get it. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

The IFI MICRO-LINK showed up today. I immediately attempted to hook it up but had issues with the driver installation. Forum member SEDEST walked me through it and saved the day!

I'm now up and running. First impressions going from the UCA-202 to the Micro-link are that the highs are slightly cleaner/smoother. A little more sizzle....but maybe this is a burn-in thing. I'll have it on all night so we'll see.

Should there even be a difference in sound quality between USB-SPDIF converters?

Got about 8 hours run through the Micro-link so far. The slight high end sizzle went away after less than an hour.

This unit has given me smoother more detailed sound quality. Emphasis on smooth. Very satisfied with this purchase.[emoji106]

Earlier in this thread I commented that I thought there was an external power supply/wall wart with this unit. There is not......

.....but if you view the pics on Amazon, one of the pics is of a different unit. An IFI dac maybe? That is what threw me off. So if looking to purchase from Amazon keep that in mind. [emoji4]

Yeah, I got away from using the Regen for a while because it turns out the USB-OPTICAL converter I was using at the time (Dacmagic Plus) was adding some unwanted noise to the system. So I played with HDMI for a while, but the real magic happened when I recently....

.....went back to the Regen, bought the LPS-1, bought the Micro-link, and bought the Spdif Ipurifier. I've always been a subwoofer guy. Since these additions, namely the Regen and the LPS-1, I've not been using my subs. The weight, punch, PRAT etc. is so dynamic I no longer hear the need for supplemental bass.

As far as switching components around, that's next on the list. There are a couple different combinations I want to try. I'm just not in that big a hurry because it sounds so perfect right now.