IGNORED

APO - Nancy Ryan - no HR DL outside USA/CAN

Tried to buy two records as HR DLs from Nancy Ryan, which where recorded/re-issued by Analogue Productions, via the Acousticsounds SuperHighRez Store. I failed. But contacted their support. Answer, rephrased: we are not allowed to sell these HR downloads outside USA/Can.

Anyone knows the background why labels that produce and sell that record are so regional limited with the HR DL sales?

AFAIK there is no other source of sales available ... So competition seems not the first reason, it sems to be more, like, copyright issues?

Anyone knows a "unlimited" legal source (for Europe) to buy these two Albums from Madame Bryan as HR DL in 88/96-24?

Any other idea how to obtain legally these items?

Nancy Bryan|Acoustic Sounds

Thanx in advance

Cheers, Tom

Anyone knows the background why labels that produce and sell that record are so regional limited with the HR DL sales?

AFAIK there is no other source of sales available ... So competition seems not the first reason, it sems to be more, like, copyright issues?

Indeed, a store that sells music to customers in a certain country must have an agreement with the local collecting society representing composers (like the SACEM in France), who receive a small part from each sale.

So even if the label agreed that Acoustic Sounds sells their music in France, the store would have to arrange these things on it's side.

BTW, some smaller online stores don't bother with that and sell worldwide anyway.

Claude

Thank you, CatManDo,

I did not know that, but it makes sense to me.

So worldwide distribition of dematerialized material, even in times of Internet, is still left in the control of a few hands to guarantee the artists/composers share.

btw, I really like the bandcamp page ...

Cheers, Tom