IGNORED

Pure Music Advice plz

btlancaster24

With my current set-up (in my signature) I haven't been able to fully enjoy using the Pure Music software because either I don't know how to properly use it or I need a new DAC / Speaker combo. Streaming through TIDAL sounds great but iTunes w/ Pure Music software is way too much bass and doesn't sound good. So, I'm considering getting a new DAC / Speaker combo but will that fix the problem? Is there anyone on here who would be willing to help me learn how to get the best sound from Pure Music primarily for rock style music? I'm sure you all have busy lives and schedules. I'd be willing to pay for services if it's not too much. Thanks.

ROON w/ TIDAL > iMac (21.5", Late 2013) 3.1 GHz Intel Quad Core i7 - 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 > macOS Catalina 10.15.7 > 250 Apple Flash Storage / SSD > Apple Airport Extreme > Bluesound Node 2i > Audioquest Cinnamon Digital Coax > Peachtree Audio Nova 150 > Monster HTS 1600 > Blue Jeans Speaker Cables > Vintage Klipsch Kg2 Speakers

With my current set-up (in my signature) I haven't been able to fully enjoy using the Pure Music software because either I don't know how to properly use it or I need a new DAC / Speaker combo. Streaming through TIDAL sounds great but iTunes w/ Pure Music software is way too much bass and doesn't sound good. So, I'm considering getting a new DAC / Speaker combo but will that fix the problem? Is there anyone on here who would be willing to help me learn how to get the best sound from Pure Music primarily for rock style music? I'm sure you all have busy lives and schedules. I'd be willing to pay for services if it's not too much. Thanks.

I don't use Pure Music, but it is my understanding that it has built-in EQ functionality, and also accepts 3rd party plug-ins. There are a number of freeware plug-in equalizers available that would allow you to adjust the tone. A new DAC is certainly not the solution, or new speakers.

PM me, and I'll tell you where to send the check...

thanks... hoping for someone who knows their way around Pure Music willing to chat over the phone.. have no idea how much someone would want for compensation

ROON w/ TIDAL > iMac (21.5", Late 2013) 3.1 GHz Intel Quad Core i7 - 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 > macOS Catalina 10.15.7 > 250 Apple Flash Storage / SSD > Apple Airport Extreme > Bluesound Node 2i > Audioquest Cinnamon Digital Coax > Peachtree Audio Nova 150 > Monster HTS 1600 > Blue Jeans Speaker Cables > Vintage Klipsch Kg2 Speakers

If you want to try a free plug-in EQ, this one is good. I've used it with Audirvana Plus.

Graphic Equalizer Plugin, 16-Band, Lin-Phase [VST, AU, AAX] - Marvel GEQ | Voxengo

Go to Plug ins in Pure Music....it's all there.

MacPro 24 GB/8TB / A+ and Pure Music / LAMPIZATOR B7 as Dac and Pre w/volume control / Regen /Intona USB Iso/curious USB / Emotive Audio Sira / PASS Aleph P / D-Sonic M3 600 mono's / MIT / Shunyata Alpha HC, Alpha Digital, Alpha Analogue, Weizhi PR-6 / Exact Power XP15a-4 balanced power distributor / FOCAL Maestro UTOPIA III's in red/black

"In life's final analysis, one's relationship with his Maker is all that really matters."

Go to Plug Ins in Pure music. All be aware that the Musicserver has separate settings.

MacPro 24 GB/8TB / A+ and Pure Music / LAMPIZATOR B7 as Dac and Pre w/volume control / Regen /Intona USB Iso/curious USB / Emotive Audio Sira / PASS Aleph P / D-Sonic M3 600 mono's / MIT / Shunyata Alpha HC, Alpha Digital, Alpha Analogue, Weizhi PR-6 / Exact Power XP15a-4 balanced power distributor / FOCAL Maestro UTOPIA III's in red/black

"In life's final analysis, one's relationship with his Maker is all that really matters."

thanks, I'll try that

downloaded those plug ins but have no idea how to put them in Pure Music

read them but still not getting it

thanks

• 4 months later...

I've used Pure Music with iTunes for years.  iTunes is just the music server.  Pure Music actually plays the music directly.  Consequently, iTunes really should not affect the music at all.  For example, iTunes has a built-in equalizer but it does nothing when using Pure Music.

If you have Pure Vinyl, you can drag a caf file into Pure Vinyl and play it without involving iTunes at all.  It uses Pure Music to play the recording.

If your music otherwise sounds fine it isn't your hardware either.

I would check to make sure Pure Music is set up properly to work with iTunes.  You don't need any EQ for that.  Once it is working then you can worry about EQ.