IGNORED

Iso regen

Any benefit to those of us who already own LPS-1 and microRendu?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Seems like the information flow of reality on this forum is governed by either Superdad or John S. Absolutely nobody outside of this aggressive sales group has anything to contribute. Are we in America, or North Korea?

If you haven't noticed you are on a sponsored section of the forum, so Alex has editorial control. But I haven't noticed any heavy handed editing by him - what are you referring to? I'm not sure what is wrong with Alex or John talking positively about their own products here. They aren't exactly using some kind of pressure sales tactics.....

You can post in one of the "unsponsored" sections of the forum and then only Chris can moderate - and he pretty much leaves everything alone unless it gets personally nasty or veers into politics instead of audio.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

Why is there so little input from actual DAC manufacturers on this forum? I remember 2 years and more in the past there were many top DAC manufacturer contributors on this forum. But sadly since then, they all disappeared. Who do we have left with the credentials to guide us to the promise land? Now when I email these industry icon's, they tell me to avoid this forum like the black plague.

Basically, any DAC manufacturer you ask will tell you that his DACs don't need any USB help. Even if he put only some off the shelf inexpensive USB parts in and did nothing else to make his USB input sound good. Unfortunately, that seems to be common, even for some expensive DACs. Some of these same makers later come out with a new model with "improved" USB, after stating categorically that there was nothing to improve on their previous model.

Who tells you to avoid this place like the plague?

There are some manufacturers and professionals who post here. But some others have tried to inappropriately exploit the forum for sales, and have been asked to leave. Others have tried to help and been insulted by posters, so have stopped posting.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, pl_svn said:

you mean... as is the case with that UK dealer you can buy a microRendu from for £660 instead of $640 direct? :P

get it direct from Alex and I'm sure he can do some magic to help you out ;)

Basically that price difference is reflecting the VAT in the UK, which he will have to pay even if he orders directly from Alex - they will add it on in customs before they release it to him. 

By buying from a dealer in the UK who has it in stock he is avoiding paying Alex for international shipping, and avoiding the hassle and delay of customs. If the prices are as you've quoted, then it's much better for him to buy from a UK dealer. 

Where I live there is a similar situation. Most audio equipment from a dealer is priced the equivalent of the US price plus VAT. If you do a personal import, you have to pay shipping and additional taxes, which most dealers "eat". Cheaper to buy thru a dealer if there is one.