IGNORED

Iso regen

Alex, great to see you finally telling the story behind development of the ISO REGEN. I really enjoy reading this stuff.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

And some of the above--especially the clock--are why ISO REGEN is of benefit to even the hub-chipped "regen" output of the microRendu.

So is it technically feasible to integrate the improvements of the ISO REGEN (perhaps without the Silanna chip) into a new version of the micro rendu?

A separate question. Can a single LPS-1 power both a micro rendu and an ISO REGEN? What if the target USB input device uses 5v? I have two cases ... an iFi micro iDSD and a Berkeley Alpha USB.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

No, I think doing so would really confuse people.

Just pick one up off Amazon. One like this if your target devices are close together: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Q8IKRE

Or one like this if what you want to power is far apart:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E9JATN0

I have a dumb question (no, it's not my first). Why is your first link one female and two males, but your second link is one male and two females? I personally prefer the latter configuration :)

Thanks for the picture. I haven't had a train set like that since I was little :)

P.S. What's with the Ground Lift switch on the iGalvanic? Probably to defeat the isolation for when it causes problems. We have been struggling for a couple of months to avoid having to offer that bail-out "feature" ourselves. That is still up in the air. ;)

Alex, iFi has provided some information about their Ground Link in post #17 in this thread

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f30-abbingdon-music-research-ifi-audio-sponsored/ifi-audio-igalvanic3-0-holy-grail-computer-audio-31885/#post647125

Funny thing is, we've been using the iFi micro iDSD DAC as one of our "corner cases" for testing. It and other entirely bus-powered DACs are the most problematic of all when you fully isolate them.

Since you posted a picture of the ISO REGEN with your micro iDSD, I assume they work together without the need for a switch. Is that a good assumption?

Terrific news that you've done that quality solid adapter! Is the name really USPCB, or did you maybe mean USBPCB?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2017 at 1:11 AM, Superdad said:

Honestly, the galvanic isolation of the ISO REGEN is just icing on the cake.  It is all the other massive (and expensive) enhancements we have made to the device (over the original REGEN) that make this new piece perform wonders.  John and I can't wait for you all to hear it! :D

You are positioning galvanic isolation as a secondary contributor to the sound quality of the ISO REGEN rather than the key feature, right?

So wouldn't it be a good move for John and Jesus to update the micro rendu with the ISO REGEN enhancements (clocks, regulators)?  I'm not sure the Silanna chip would make  sense in the micro rendu given that ethernet is already galvanically isolated and the ISO REGEN requires +5v for the dirty side.

3 hours ago, Middy said:

Is it still true? 12 days after Star wars day??  
Yes. Boards and cases are in production now. We'll be making price and shipping date announcements in the next 10 days. And shipments of the first 250 units will take place by May 16th. wink.gif

Hope it's going great. 

Can you let Jud and imitche leak a few more insights ?

Where did this information come from?  If this is a quote from Alex, when did he say this?

@Middy thanks for the link to that head-fi thread.  That May 16 ship date was news to me. 

On 4/10/2017 at 7:39 PM, Superdad said:

P.S.  We will have a nice surprise for everyone. It will be revealed when the ISO REGEN web page is up and I start a new thread with everything announced.   Hint: Something a lot of folks want will be coming "free" with every ISO REGEN!

USPCB?  I hope they are sufficiently inexpensive to build one into the price of an ISO REGEN, but maybe that's unrealistic.  I'd like it if you could throw in a DC coupler.

Thanks for the additional timeline details.

On 4/10/2017 at 10:26 PM, austinpop said:

You've taken teasing and delayed gratification to a Tantric level. 

I'm more frantic than Tantric.

• 2 weeks later...

Anticipation, anticipation
Is making me late
Is keeping me waiting