IGNORED

Regen

Hello,

What's a REGEN and what does it do? Also, how much are they?

Thanks -

ROON w/ TIDAL > iMac (21.5", Late 2013) 3.1 GHz Intel Quad Core i7 - 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 > macOS Catalina 10.15.7 > 250 Apple Flash Storage / SSD > Apple Airport Extreme > Bluesound Node 2i > Audioquest Cinnamon Digital Coax > Peachtree Audio Nova 150 > Monster HTS 1600 > Blue Jeans Speaker Cables > Vintage Klipsch Kg2 Speakers

thanks -

How does the REGEN compare to an AQ Jitterbug?

ROON w/ TIDAL > iMac (21.5", Late 2013) 3.1 GHz Intel Quad Core i7 - 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 > macOS Catalina 10.15.7 > 250 Apple Flash Storage / SSD > Apple Airport Extreme > Bluesound Node 2i > Audioquest Cinnamon Digital Coax > Peachtree Audio Nova 150 > Monster HTS 1600 > Blue Jeans Speaker Cables > Vintage Klipsch Kg2 Speakers

Hello,

What's a REGEN and what does it do? Also, how much are they?

Thanks -

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/usb-regen

there are 93 pages of regen listening impressions here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f27-uptone-audio-sponsored/uptone-audio-regen-listening-impressions-24078/

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

How does the REGEN compare to an AQ Jitterbug?

They are technically entirely different. The Jitterbug is passive-- with a couple of common-mode chokes in series with the data lines and also on the power legs.

audioquest_jitterbug.jpg

The USB REGEN is active with a hub chip, ultra-low noise regulators (for both the hub and for clean VBUS output), a low jitter clock, and careful impedance matching. Its purpose is to improve USB signal integrity so that the PHY chip of the DAC's USB input does not have to work as hard to decode the data from the high-frequency analog voltage, thereby generating less packet-data noise and ground-plane noise--pernicious factors that affect the DAC's master clock, which is why the REGEN's benefit is audible.

UpTone_REGEN_PCB1.1_for_web.jpg