IGNORED

Article: Aurender A10 Review

I am not familiar with Roon as far as the file management side, but does it have any effect on SQ?.

I have had an A10 since November and it is a fantastic piece. Whether streaming Tidal or playing local DSD,Hi Rez- Flac or Wav. I would call it just plain listenable. Never fatiguing. Wide , deep soundstage, quiet. Rock steady.

I had a N100s with all the fancy add ons, high-end cabling feeding and Oppo Modwright 105D Tube Dac w/ tube power supply and the Aurender A10 walks all over it.

It may not compete with the high end Berekley and DCS stuff but I am sure it is not that far behind. 4 tb storage, Music Player/Streamer/ Nice Dac and pre-amp. Built like a tank. Rock solid and easy to use App. Really a good value when you look at cleaning up a system.

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

• 3 weeks later...

How did the A-10 sonically compare to your digital reference excluding MQA?

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Synergistic Research Switch>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos Pulsar> Sablon EVO USB cable>Innuos Phoenix>Sablon EVO USB cable>T+A DAC 2000 >Enleum AMP-23r>Audience SX speaker cables>Raidho X1t or HiFiMan HE-1000se headphones. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also in the "no Roon = no dice" camp. Although there is a request earlier in this discussion to not mention Roon, I fail to see why we would not respond to a subjective review in a subjective manner. IMHO, a Roon pairing would be fantastic!

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

I'm still sitting on the fence about the A10. I have the same question that I had two months ago. Will the A10 DAC compare favourably to my ARC DAC8? I guess that I'm going to have to convince my dealer to give me a loaner.

As for Roon, I'm off the bandwagon. As an avid classical music lover, when it comes to reporting meta data, Roon falls to second place when compared to the Aurender Conductor.

Music Server(s): Aurender N100H, Digital to Analog Converter(s): Audio Research DAC 8, Digital to Digital Converter: Bryston BUC-1, Preamplifier: Ayre K-5xeMP, Amplifier(s): Ayre V-5xe, Loudspeakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Interconnects: Kimber PBJ, Cardas Clear, Bryston AES/EBU, Loudspeaker Cables: Kimber PR8, Miscellaneous: Oppo BDP 95 disk player, CJ Walker turntable Jelco SA-750D tone arm, Ortofon 2M black cartridge, Magnum Dynalab tuner, Dream System: I've got it!, Headphones: Sennheiser HD600, Grado PS500e, Headphone Amplifier(s):Graham Slee Novo

• 1 month later...

Hi Pat. I'm curious if you have had a chance to try the A10 for comparison to your DAC8? I have an Aurender X100, feeding to an Ayre QB-9, and am thinking about the A10 as a replacement to both... Roon would be nice but I'm not using it yet, so don't know what I'm missing and it's certainly not a showstopper. However, if the switch to an A10 over what I have now would present an upgrade in sound, I may be inclined to take the leap!

• 3 months later...