IGNORED

Music from Outer Space.

NASA telescope has revealed largest batch of seven Earth-size, habitable-zone planets around single star!

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/02/170222130941.htm

I'm asking myself just one question - what music and audio gear do

they

have there.?

Well, maybe just one more - what would

they

think about

MQA.?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33473[/ATTACH]

MQA is not compatible with their tech. They master everything to water.

@SamuelTCogley I like the idea of water mastering, however I'm not sure that's how they do it.

Maybe they use 64bit (or similiar quality) formats and our 24bit/DSD/MQA would just make them laugh.. Maybe they can hear way out of our hearing range and use harmonies that are unknown to us.. On the other hand maybe they haven't even invented a piano roll equivalent yet and only play primitive drums using some spacesaurs bones and they would love our music and even be interested in streaming music from Earth despite the fact that the optical signal would need 40 years to reach their planet (would streaming services be interested in such a belated payment.?). Maybe our planet is the only one in the universe where homo audiophilus exists, maybe there are places in the universe where everybody is an audiophile..

BTW I think I've found a thread on CA which seems to confirm that planet Earth isn't the only place in the universe where sound quality matters to some :) :

George Martian on Audiophiles

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f8-general-forum/george-martin-audiophiles-31739/

I did read that one day every one will own a Devialet. I'm not sure if that refers just to everyone on planet earth or if it applies to the population of the entire universe. (Although knowing Devialet's marketing, it probably does refer to the entire universe in it's infinite magnificence)

I believe this one is popular amongst aliens at the moment....

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

I did read that one day every one will own a Devialet. I'm not sure if that refers just to everyone on planet earth or if it applies to the population of the entire universe. (Although knowing Devialet's marketing, it probably does refer to the entire universe in it's infinite magnificence)

I believe this one is popular amongst aliens at the moment....

As for Devialet - I think their technology may actually come from outer space. A really good value for money amps IMO (judging by our earthly standards).

Thanks for reminding me of Alien Sex Fiend! I owned their album many years ago.

Let me respond with the trailer of the worst movie in the history of cinema according to many (I tend to agree).

BTW does anyone recognize the audio gear at 1:15.? I think it's not Devialet..

NASA telescope has revealed largest batch of seven Earth-size, habitable-zone planets around single star!

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/02/170222130941.htm

I'm asking myself just one question - what music and audio gear do

they

have there.?

Well, maybe just one more - what would

they

think about

MQA.?

jazzinthespaceage.jpeg

black hole.jpeg

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)