IGNORED

Installing Fidelizer over Audiophile Optimizer.

Audio

I installed Fidelizer by getting back to the GUI mode. It started and went through the set up and told me it will continue to run in the background. It also prompt me to choose what I want Fidelizer to run with and I chose JRiver MC22.exe.

When I switch back to core mode, I am not sure if Fidelizer is running or not. Should I set Fidelizer Pro on shell mode with setup tool? If I set Fidelizer as my shell, how am I going to get back to the command prompt?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

(Audio)

Does fidelizer really do anything that AO does not?

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

the do completely different things -- a.o. is about optimizing the guts of the operating system, while fidelizer is about optimizing the audio services.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

OK, back to my question, if AO is operating in Core mode, how would I know Fidelizer Pro is running / working? Do I need to start up Fidelizer Pro from the command prompt?

What is the expected / normal method of running Fidelizer Pro with AO in core mode?

Thanks in advance.

(Audio)

• 2 months later...

Install Prosess Lasso and you'll it's in there too. You can also run in "Real Time" and designate CPU cores for both JRIVER and Fidelizer 

I've designated my CPU cores 0-1 to JRIVER "real time" Fidelizer to 2 (again set to real time) and everything else to 3

I also sorted the memory out for all of the programs (took quite a while)

With JRIVER I unchecked everything that I didn't want (took forever). Used the Kernal Driver for my DAC. Switched all the upsample processing off. This enabled me to maximise the output to 0.5ms

Since messing, I've never heard so much out of my standard CD's, the amount of separation  and rhythmic flow is quite staggering

this is coming from someone in the industry who has enjoyed some amazing players in my time

if you spend the time on configuring JRIVER and Process Lasso, the sound difference is another level in conjunction with AO and Fidelizer, it's been a real eye opener

• 2 months later...

When running Fidelizer Pro on a Sonic Transporter i7 (Windows 10 with AO installed) the PC makes a high pitched noise when upsampling to DSD 512 in HQ Player.   Without Fidelizer Pro there is no noise.  Almost sounds as though the Sonic Transporter is under more stress with Fidelizer installed than without which seems odd.

PC usage is at 25-28% running the -2 poly-sinc filters.

Any idea what is going on here?  Anyone else had this issue?  Other than the noise the install went quite smoothly.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all,

Running current AO on WS2012 R2 in core mode.   I'm researching the installation of Fidelizer 8.1 pro onto my CAPS.

The docs on Fid 8.1 Pro, state you must select Fidelizer as the Shell in AO.   At the moment I have selected JRiver as the Shell so that I can remote access straight to the JRiver startup screen.   I use my main PC to remote access into the CAPS music PC for undertaking Admin tasks such as library back up adding/deleting music etc.   I use JRemote on an ipad for daily control.

Here's the main question I need answered please....

I'm running a headless CAPS in core mode - If I select Fidelizer as the shell, how do I then access JRiver for admin via remote access other than command prompts which are not my forte?

Regards Cazzesman

On 4/11/2018 at 9:19 PM, Cazzesman said:

Hi all,

Running current AO on WS2012 R2 in core mode.   I'm researching the installation of Fidelizer 8.1 pro onto my CAPS.

The docs on Fid 8.1 Pro, state you must select Fidelizer as the Shell in AO.   At the moment I have selected JRiver as the Shell so that I can remote access straight to the JRiver startup screen.   I use my main PC to remote access into the CAPS music PC for undertaking Admin tasks such as library back up adding/deleting music etc.   I use JRemote on an ipad for daily control.

Here's the main question I need answered please....

I'm running a headless CAPS in core mode - If I select Fidelizer as the shell, how do I then access JRiver for admin via remote access other than command prompts which are not my forte?

Regards Cazzesman

fidelizer provides the option to start a music player as part of its startup.   so when you pick fiderlizer as the shell, it starts on initial boot and then fidelizer will start jriver.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100