IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

11 hours ago, maya said:

Tried to modify /dev/cdrom to /dev/sr0 or /dev/cdrom0 in xml all in vain

By default the CD device node is /dev/cdrom which has been correct for example on Ubuntu (automatically generated symlink to /dev/sr0). Also remember to restart hqplayerd service after modifying the config file, otherwise it doesn't take effect.

I don't remember right now which OS you are using. But check what owner/group and permissions the /dev/sr0 device node has. By default HQPlayer Embedded runs as user "hqplayer". So there may be need to add that user to a correct supplementary group.

Log file probably has an error at the point where you attempt to select CD as input, that may indicate what is the problem.

ISO9660 is a data CD. Music discs are CCDA an such are not mounted at all, but instead accessed directly.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

...another way to play CD's is to use traditional CD spinner and digital connection (S/PDIF or AES/EBU) from it to the HQPlayer computer and use the HQPlayer's realtime input feature. It is also simpler, because it doesn't need automatic sample rate switching, since CD is always 44.1k...

Both ways work with HQPlayer 4 Desktop too, except that macOS version doesn't support reading CD's, but it does support realtime inputs.

10 hours ago, Miska said:

By default the CD device node is /dev/cdrom which has been correct for example on Ubuntu (automatically generated symlink to /dev/sr0). Also remember to restart hqplayerd service after modifying the config file, otherwise it doesn't take effect.

I don't remember right now which OS you are using. But check what owner/group and permissions the /dev/sr0 device node has. By default HQPlayer Embedded runs as user "hqplayer". So there may be need to add that user to a correct supplementary group.

Log file probably has an error at the point where you attempt to select CD as input, that may indicate what is the problem.

ISO9660 is a data CD. Music discs are CCDA an such are not mounted at all, but instead accessed directly.

Many thanks for your explanation I will try !

I am using Bionic 4.11.2-36 installed on Debian 10 

14 hours ago, Miska said:

...another way to play CD's is to use traditional CD spinner and digital connection (S/PDIF or AES/EBU) from it to the HQPlayer computer and use the HQPlayer's realtime input feature. It is also simpler, because it doesn't need automatic sample rate switching, since CD is always 44.1k...

Both ways work with HQPlayer 4 Desktop too, except that macOS version doesn't support reading CD's, but it does support realtime inputs.

Thanks again !

On 10/2/2019 at 11:27 PM, Miska said:

Great ! 

Debian HQPe now can also play audio CD at DSD256 7EC ext2 !!  😁👍👍👍

Many thanks to Miska 

PS Cannot choose track by touching on web interface main  , but can do this in HQPDControl.  😊

Screenshot_20191004-010027.png

8 hours ago, Miska said:

Or with HQPlayer Client, as well as select input, etc.

The web interface playback controls are still quite rudimentary.

Great !

Wonder if the web interface can delete these useless enteries besides the config  xml files in Document directory. 

Now a bit chaotic in my case , packed with many irrelevant files not related to HQPe .

I tried to delete them by apps such as Total command in Tab with failure, these files are still there, so where is the Document directory  holding these HQPe config files ? How can I delete them within the web interface?

Should the tablet be rooted then can do these ?

Many thanks !

10 hours ago, Miska said:

Or with HQPlayer Client, as well as select input, etc.

The web interface playback controls are still quite rudimentary.

"Now a bit chaotic in my case , packed with many irrelevant files not related to HQPe .

I tried to delete them by apps such as Total command in Tab with failure, these files are still there, so where is the Document directory  holding these HQPe config files ? How can I delete them within the web interface...."

It seems the web interface while loading the Document>Download file for restore etc it still keeps the file names which has been deleted by Tablet app Total Command manually , because if you click on these  phantom files will not have any response as they actually not exist.

So seems the  Web Interfaces just doing merge and not update it ?

This is the practical one we hope can be solved for this fantastic HQPe audio player !

BTW Besides the other more powerful CPUs  we are using,  one of my build Debian 10 Bionic  with kernel I compiled ,

it can do DSD256 7EC ext2 on  i5 7600 CPU although at 90 % usage, running smoothly without stuttering  ... 👍👍

3 hours ago, maya said:

Wonder if the web interface can delete these useless enteries besides the config  xml files in Document directory. 

Now a bit chaotic in my case , packed with many irrelevant files not related to HQPe .

I tried to delete them by apps such as Total command in Tab with failure, these files are still there, so where is the Document directory  holding these HQPe config files ? How can I delete them within the web interface?

Should the tablet be rooted then can do these ?

This is a bit offtopic, but of course web pages cannot see or remove files you have on your tablet. It would be huge security issue if web pages could do that.

If you are on Android, File Commander can be used to deal with files on the filesystem. Or alternatively plugging the device to a PC with USB cable and managing the files form a PC.

52 minutes ago, Miska said:

This is a bit offtopic, but of course web pages cannot see or remove files you have on your tablet. It would be huge security issue if web pages could do that.

If you are on Android, File Commander can be used to deal with files on the filesystem. Or alternatively plugging the device to a PC with USB cable and managing the files form a PC.

Yes, I am on Android Tablet and already use file command app to manually remove the irrelevant files in Download/Document folders, these file are no longer  existing there.

But when using Web Interface they are still shown their file names in there  but they are actually empty just the file name, you cannot open it , so is it possible NOT to show these file names? 

Many thanks 

43 minutes ago, maya said:

But when using Web Interface they are still shown their file names in there  but they are actually empty just the file name, you cannot open it , so is it possible NOT to show these file names? 

That has something to do with your web browser and nothing to do with HQPlayer. Maybe try Firefox or Opera as a browser?

4 hours ago, Miska said:

That has something to do with your web browser and nothing to do with HQPlayer. Maybe try Firefox or Opera as a browser?

Solved! After pressing restore --> Document then need to use some app such as File Manager to open Downloads where only having the xml files I saved !

Tried several browsers all can use the above method to do the restore.  Many thanks !

Screenshot_20191004-202751.thumb.png.d420e76073203da07a2630446c3faefa.png

4 hours ago, michaelvv said:

I'm using bionic hqplayerd_4.11.2-36_amd64.deb

Everything seems too work fine, except controlling the volume.

Have tried from the web-interface and using the hqp-control program.

Not a big issue just wondering.

What kind of problem you have? Please check that you don't have fixed volume set...

On 10/4/2019 at 4:32 PM, Miska said:

Hi Jussi,

Trying Debian Bionic 4.11.2-36 trial version and found while playing file  it will  end up in 30min then I cannot  choose CD via Input , it will restore to Playlist automatically 

Would like to know  in pay version this limitation will be removed ?

Thanks 

31 minutes ago, maya said:

Trying Debian Bionic 4.11.2-36 trial version and found while playing file  it will  end up in 30min then I cannot  choose CD via Input , it will restore to Playlist automatically 

Would like to know  in pay version this limitation will be removed ?

Trial has 30 minute per run limitation which is removed by the license key.

3 hours ago, arglebargle said:

At first I thought I had spotted a typo but then realized "i" maybe stands for intermediate phase. @Miska I read your post in the other thread about poly-sinc-long completing a set of closely related filters--short, sinc, and long--but can you shed some light on this new flavour? 

gAPnWFF.png

Yes, it is an intermediate phase version. I still personally don't like such, but in this case I decided to include it too.

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Trying latest version of HQPlayer embedded OS.Every time i try to play music my naa device the network audio window closes ?

Doesn't happen every time, I managed to reproduce it twice so far with Windows version of networkaudiod, where it terminates on internal error. I'll investigate...

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Yes, it is an intermediate phase version. I still personally don't like such, but in this case I decided to include it too.

was a ok choice with Kate Bush 24/44 but...

@Miska I don't want to be bitchy but I'm almost annoyed to get new filters to play with when it seems that 4.12 allows me to keep ext2/ASDM5EC but for 192 source (and then I like mqa-lp)

You created those because you could or with a target ? What are the case studies where those new long filters shine?