IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

14 hours ago, Em2016 said:

The USB interface should be both input and output just like on Pro.”

So I misunderstood this part. I thought it could somehow be input output at the same time LOL. 

Yes, I meant that USB input is bidirectional in both cases. In CC Multichannel mode both optical and coaxial digital inputs are mapped to USB input channels. With Pro additionally the analog input and AES input are also mapped to USB input channels. Likewise DAC and the digital outputs are mapped to USB output channels.

The whole show runs always at one single rate. ADI-2 has flexible clocking, so it can be correctly slaved to digital input clocks when those are used.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

14 minutes ago, Miska said:

Yes, I meant that USB input is bidirectional in both cases. In CC Multichannel mode both optical and coaxial digital inputs are mapped to USB input channels. With Pro additionally the analog input and AES input are also mapped to USB input channels. Likewise DAC and the digital outputs are mapped to USB output channels.

The whole show runs always at one single rate. ADI-2 has flexible clocking, so it can be correctly slaved to digital input clocks when those are used.

Nice. Since the ADI-2 DAC and Pro are such great value (great performance at great price), pairing a DAC + Pro isn't as ludicrous as it probably looks... but specifically because I want to run different sources and different sample rates through HQPe, with auto rate switching.

It looks a little crazy but I'm actually thinking about it.... the decision is helped a lot by the very good prices of each.. and I do use non-Roon and non-UPnP sources a lot for music listening.

I can feed an AES3 source and digital coax source and TOSlink source into ADI-2 Pro... feed that into HQPe... send over the network to NAA... into ADI-2 DAC.

Is that how it would work?

Which input do you select in HQPE 'input' page to have auto rate switching working?

9 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

I can feed an AES3 source and digital coax source and TOSlink source into ADI-2 Pro... feed that into HQPe... send over the network to NAA... into ADI-2 DAC.

Is that how it would work?

Yes, with or without NAA.

10 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Which input do you select in HQPE 'input' page to have auto rate switching working?

There's an example config file included with HQPE for RME devices with analog and digital inputs preconfigured. But you need to manually edit it to correct the device id's (simple search-and-replace). This is because RME devices include serial number as hexadecimal in the device name. This behavior is really handy though, when you have multiple such devices connected simultaneously. Otherwise it would be hard to distinguish between the devices and possibly inconsistent across reboots.

Hi there - quick question from a computer novice (who loves hqplayer and Roon) - I have been searching the forum and gotten a bunch great answers but was hoping someone might help we with a simple (probably stupid) question:

If I get a intel nuc such NUC8i7BEH with a m.2 ssd and 8-16 go ram, can I just plug an Ethernet cable and a  usb stick containing the hqplayer OS (i.e. 4.11.1) and it’ll boot into hqplayer embedded - then I configure using a web bowser and connect it to my Roon core?

in other words - do I need to do anything else to the NUC to get it working with hqplayer?

thanks in advance!

cheers

I am having an issue after installing the latest version of embedded. I am using custom image and header. When I issue the 'hqplayerd' command to set username and password, I get this, which just hangs:

** (process:1491): WARNING **: 15:06:22.185: failed to set priority

Signalyst HQPlayer Embedded v4.11.1

Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Jussi Laako / Signalyst. All rights reserved.

ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1713:(_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card

For this install, I installed the latest Nvidia driver for my GPU before installing Embedded on my server running Ubuntu Server.:

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| NVIDIA-SMI 410.57                 Driver Version: 410.57                    |

|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |

| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |

|===============================+======================+======================|

|   0  GeForce RTX 2080    Off  | 00000000:01:00.0 Off |                  N/A |

| 30%   36C    P0    49W / 215W |      0MiB /  7949MiB |      0%      Default |

+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

| Processes:                                                       GPU Memory |

|  GPU       PID   Type   Process name                             Usage      |

|=============================================================================|

|  No running processes found                                                 |

Here is the log file:

2019/08/07 15:06:22 Signalyst HQPlayer 4 Embedded 4.11.1

+ 2019/08/07 15:06:22 Engine starting...

2019/08/07 15:06:22 libDSP version 21.1.3

2019/08/07 15:06:22 HQPlayer Engine version 4.16.2

2019/08/07 15:06:22 Number of processor cores: 6

2019/08/07 15:06:22 DSP thread pools enabled (2)

2019/08/07 15:06:22 DSP pipelines disabled

2019/08/07 15:06:22 Pipelined DSP engine enabled

2019/08/07 15:06:22 Audio engine: alsa

2019/08/07 15:06:22 Output set channels: 2 (2)

2019/08/07 15:06:22 Output DAC bits: 24

2019/08/07 15:06:22 asoundlib version: 1.1.3

2019/08/07 15:06:22 ALSA output device: hw:0,0

# 2019/08/07 15:06:22 ALSA snd_hctl_open() failed: No such file or directory

# 2019/08/07 15:06:22 ALSA snd_mixer_attach() failed: No such file or directory

! 2019/08/07 15:06:22 clPlayerDaemon::CreateEngine(): clHQPlayerEngine::Initialize(): clALSAEngine::Initialize(): snd_pcm_open(): No

such file or directory

+ 2019/08/07 15:06:22 Server starting...

- 2019/08/07 15:06:54 Server stopping...

Thanks,

Steve

Fixed my issue with installing embedded with CUDA support. Apparently order of install operations matters. This time I completely installed embedded and made sure it was running (CUDA offload was not working). I then installed the latest Nvidia driver files and CUDA offloading came alive. Everything is working great now. Here is CUDA working:

| NVIDIA-SMI 430.40       Driver Version: 430.40       CUDA Version: 10.1     |

|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |

| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |

|===============================+======================+======================|

|   0  GeForce RTX 2080    Off  | 00000000:01:00.0 Off |                  N/A |

| 28%   37C    P2    45W / 215W |   1303MiB /  7979MiB |      7%      Default |

+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

| Processes:                                                       GPU Memory |

|  GPU       PID   Type   Process name                             Usage      |

|=============================================================================|

|    0     26000      C   /usr/bin/hqplayerd                          1293MiB |

21 hours ago, Spindrift1414 said:

Hi there - quick question from a computer novice (who loves hqplayer and Roon) - I have been searching the forum and gotten a bunch great answers but was hoping someone might help we with a simple (probably stupid) question:

If I get a intel nuc such NUC8i7BEH with a m.2 ssd and 8-16 go ram, can I just plug an Ethernet cable and a  usb stick containing the hqplayer OS (i.e. 4.11.1) and it’ll boot into hqplayer embedded - then I configure using a web bowser and connect it to my Roon core?

in other words - do I need to do anything else to the NUC to get it working with hqplayer?

In many cases, that's all you need. However, using HQPlayer Client to figure out IP address of HQPlayer Embedded may be useful (depending on your network infra). If you keep booting up from USB memory stick, you don't need SSD at all. And 8 GB of RAM should be more than enough.

59 minutes ago, Miska said:

In many cases, that's all you need. However, using HQPlayer Client to figure out IP address of HQPlayer Embedded may be useful (depending on your network infra). If you keep booting up from USB memory stick, you don't need SSD at all. And 8 GB of RAM should be more than enough.

Exactly what I wanted to know!

Many thanks for an excellent product . . 

On 4/28/2019 at 5:49 AM, R1200CL said:

I bought HQPlayer embedded for my SonicTransporter from SGC. After some testing I found it always stoped after a while. So I gave it up more or less. 

As some new releases for desktop (version 4) just came out, I checked my embedded version. 

I then noticed I still was on trail.

Somehow along the way during August 2018 and now, the license has been wiped out. 

Luckily I found the license file and was able to load it again. 

So hopefully HQPlayer Embedded will work for me again. 

(Not tested yet)

I’m writing this, so if anyone else had a problem with SonicTransporter and the HQPlayer Embedded, it’s good to check if your license is still properly installed 😀

Dear R1200CL,

I have had exactly the same problems, with an HQPe version that either reverted to "Trial" or was always that way but I never noticed.  Questions: 1) what was the name of the license key file that you found that worked and 2) can I use a license key file that came with the Sonictransporter when I bought it about a year ago if I've already updated HQPe to Version 4.11.1 (my current "Trial" version) using "Software Update" within the Sonicorbiter?  I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that you didn't have to pay to upgrade to HQPe Ver.4 since this is an Embedded version.

Any step-by-step help in getting everything back to normal here would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks

Geoff

14 hours ago, Outlaw said:

On trial of HQPlayer embedded.Tonight it wont work.When i go to my nuc were the naa is installed the screen is continusily moving when nothing is being played.Its connecting then disconnecting in a contious loop in naa window

anybody ???

8 hours ago, Outlaw said:

HQPE SERVER NOT RUNNING VIDEOS CARD.EVERYTHING IS WIRED NOT MULTIHOMED.NAA WORKS PROPERLY WITH REGULARD DESKTOP ONLY ISSUE IS WITH HQPE.

I'm sorry I should have asked first, HQPE is running on HQP OS correct? (Miska's image), not Ubuntu, AL or other distro.  so is the NAA correct?

On 8/9/2019 at 1:29 AM, Outlaw said:

On trial of HQPlayer embedded.Tonight it wont work.When i go to my nuc were the naa is installed the screen is continusily moving when nothing is being played.Its connecting then disconnecting in a contious loop

I can't imagine what would cause the screen to... continuously move??

Have you tried connecting the Embedded server directly to the DAC first?

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

7 minutes ago, craighartley said:

I'm only just beginning to experiment with Embedded, although I've used Desktop for a long time. Can someone explain why CUDA offload is not available with the bootable image version? Thanks.

Actually, it's possible to use Cuda (and change the Multicore setting) with Embedded, even though the options are not available in the web interface. You have to go under the hood and edit the (plain text, xml) config file. 

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

7 minutes ago, k6davis said:

Actually, it's possible to use Cuda (and change the Multicore setting) with Embedded, even though the options are not available in the web interface. You have to go under the hood and edit the (plain text, xml) config file. 

Thank you. So how do I go about doing that? Is there somewhere I can look up how to do it?

27 minutes ago, craighartley said:

Thank you. So how do I go about doing that? Is there somewhere I can look up how to do it?

I don't know how comfortable you are with Linux and the command line, but I just happened to be having this conversation last night. It goes on for a few posts.

Oh!! And Embedded + Cuda only works with Ubuntu Server. It won't work with HQP OS or the other Linux variants.