IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

22 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Did trial version 4 with windows,linux and HQPlayer embedded.In windows and linux can do all dsd 256 filters with all modulators including the new ec ones.

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

8086K.No video card.

Are you able to do this with just 16-44.1 files, or can you actually upsample 24-192 files to DSD256, ASDM7EC, closed-form-16M or poly-sinc-xtr-mp with no video card?

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

11 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Only tried with 16-44.1 files

Oh okay. If you said it could do all of that, I was gonna say you had some kinda Tony Stark chip!! 😂😂😂

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

On 7/24/2019 at 6:36 PM, Miska said:

OK, strange, I suspect then problem fetching the covers, for example connecting to the server...

HQPlayer Embedded running on HQPlayer OS or Ubuntu Server?

client-screenshot.thumb.png.59e0a543ba6405abeb2688cca6ef9690.png

HQPlayer OS.Still cant album covers when using client

On 11/22/2018 at 8:50 PM, Miska said:

Yes, at the moment it is more reliable. It misses automatic rate switching capability though that at the moment completely works only with RME ADI-2 (since it had needed features and I implemented it to the Linux driver).

Hi @Miska

Is it only the RME ADI-2 PRO that supports auto rate switching input with HQPe?

Because Pro features USB output, which feeds HQP Embedded's USB input?

13 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Is it only the RME ADI-2 PRO that supports auto rate switching input with HQPe?

Because Pro features USB output, which feeds HQP Embedded's USB input?

AFAIK, DAC should work too. It just doesn't have AES/EBU I/O that Pro has. I have only Pro's, but based on the information I have DAC should work too. And my driver features supports both.

(and of course DAC cannot do analog inputs like Pro can, so no vinyl input through DSD256 or 768/32 PCM)

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 hour ago, Miska said:

AFAIK, DAC should work too. It just doesn't have AES/EBU I/O that Pro has. I have only Pro's, but based on the information I have DAC should work too. And my driver features supports both.

(and of course DAC cannot do analog inputs like Pro can, so no vinyl input through DSD256 or 768/32 PCM)

So assuming it works with ADI-2 DAC, how would the setup be?

Still need a miniDSP USBstreamer feeding HQPe?

ADI-2 DAC does’t have any digital output to feed HQPe?

9 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

So assuming it works with ADI-2 DAC, how would the setup be?

Still need a miniDSP USBstreamer feeding HQPe?

ADI-2 DAC does’t have any digital output to feed HQPe?

Same as with Pro. Just one digital I/O less and without analog inputs. The USB interface should be both input and output just like on Pro. So no USBstreamer needed. Would be just a bit strange to dedicate DAC version for inputs because it is a bit handicapped on that front.

33 minutes ago, Miska said:

The USB interface should be both input and output just like on Pro. So no USBstreamer needed.

Oh cool. So if I have a Mac, HQPe and ADI-2 DAC.

Let’s say I want to send HQPe 96kHz from my Mac Tidal app (I don’t want to use Roon in this example). Or 192kHz from my mac Qobuz app (official app, not Roon again).

I could use a USBStreamer between Mac and ADI-2 DAC’s TOSlink input.

Then I connect  just USB cable between HQPe and ADI-2 DAC.

Would that work with auto sample rate switching, if Mac Tidal app switches from 44.1k output to 88.2k to 48k to 96k?

What input would I select in HQPe “input” page?

Or is there a better solution with auto rate solution given:

"So if I have a Mac, HQPe and ADI-2 DAC.

Let’s say I want to send HQPe 96kHz from my Mac Tidal app (I don’t want to use Roon in this example) to HQPe. Or 192kHz from my mac Qobuz app (official app, not Roon again)."

If ADI-2 Pro FS is better given the above situation, can you explain how (just so I have a proper understanding).

Chromecast Audio is crap with 96kHz and won't do Qobuz 192kHz so that is out the window (for this example).

Hi,

have a licence for HQPlayer embedded. Now it returned to a trial version! Didnt change the hardware, only changed the way I connected to the server (used a switch)

How can I get the new key? and when? would like to hear music today without interripuptions!

cheers

Sigi

13 minutes ago, Sigi said:

Hi,

have a licence for HQPlayer embedded. Now it returned to a trial version! Didnt change the hardware, only changed the way I connected to the server (used a switch)

How can I get the new key? and when? would like to hear music today without interripuptions!

cheers

Sigi

If just purchased i think takes up to 24 hours

I purchased the licence months ago, dont understand why the fingerprint changed! Just because I connected differently to a switch? Hardware didnt change! I am not amused if everytime I try something I have to request a new key!!!

20 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Or is there a better solution with auto rate solution given:

"So if I have a Mac, HQPe and ADI-2 DAC.

Let’s say I want to send HQPe 96kHz from my Mac Tidal app (I don’t want to use Roon in this example) to HQPe. Or 192kHz from my mac Qobuz app (official app, not Roon again)."

If ADI-2 Pro FS is better given the above situation, can you explain how (just so I have a proper understanding).

Chromecast Audio is crap with 96kHz and won't do Qobuz 192kHz so that is out the window (for this example).

Pro at least has extra digital input (AES) and analog inputs. Having ADI-2 DAC just to have nice S/PDIF input feels a little bit strange to me... But it's just my personal feeling. Technically the DAC should serve the purpose of being proper S/PDIF input device.

4 hours ago, Sigi said:

I purchased the licence months ago, dont understand why the fingerprint changed! Just because I connected differently to a switch? Hardware didnt change! I am not amused if everytime I try something I have to request a new key!!!

I'm curious what was the exact change that made this happen.

In most recent versions of HQPlayer Embedded, I've made changes that should make this less likely to happen.

Also the OS should be fully up by the time hqplayerd service gets started. Otherwise things may get inconsistent.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Having ADI-2 DAC just to have nice S/PDIF input feels a little bit strange to me...

I haven’t explained well enough then. I’m trying to get 96kHz and 192kHz from macOS apps to HQPe to DSD256 to ADI-2 DAC. With input auto rate switching... 

Which part is strange? Just so I can try to better explain myself. 

Is the way I described above not going to work?

8 hours ago, Sigi said:

You running AL by any chance Sigi @Sigi in ramroot mode? just checking

I haven’t explained well enough then. I’m trying to get 96kHz and 192kHz from macOS apps to HQPe to DSD256 to ADI-2 DAC. With input auto rate switching... 

Then you need two ADI-2 DACs, one for input and one for outputs. You cannot use the same device as it cannot run at two different sampling rates at the same time.

Which part is strange? Just so I can try to better explain myself.

I just think you would be better off with ADI-2 Pro + ADI-2 DAC instead of two ADI-2 DACs. But that's just me. To me, it feels strange to have a device designed to be "DAC" only as input device. While Pro has more emphasis on the input side (being good ADC as well).

2 hours ago, Miska said:

To me, it feels strange to have a device designed to be "DAC" only as input device. While Pro has more emphasis on the input side (being good ADC as well).

Yes that is indeed strange. I thought you could get away with just one ADI-2 after you said:

The USB interface should be both input and output just like on Pro.”

So I misunderstood this part. I thought it could somehow be input output at the same time LOL. 

Thanks for clarifying.