IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

Running Ubuntu server 20.04 with HQPlayer embedded.Using NAA.My dac uses a windows driver to do native dsd 256.Is there a way to use HQPlayer NAA on either ubuntu server or hqplayer NAA OS to do do dsd 256.Other wise can only do dsd 128 through DOP ?

• 2 weeks later...

With the latest version of hqplayer embedded on ubuntu 20.04 having issue with attached hard drive with my music.When I updated this  time had to rescan library.Never had to do this ever before.When it scans it says failed but library is available.Turn pc of have to rescan library again ?

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

With the latest version of hqplayer embedded on ubuntu 20.04 having issue with attached hard drive with my music.When I updated this  time had to rescan library.Never had to do this ever before.When it scans it says failed but library is available.Turn pc of have to rescan library again ?

Did fresh install working now

9 hours ago, Miska said:

The BIOS "tweaking" done with my servers is:

1. "Load optimized defaults" for BIOS
  2. Select XMP Profile 1 for the RAM (to get full speed)
  3. For machines with fans, set fan profile to "Silent"
  4. Set OS type to "Other" and disable secure boot

Will things run better if disable secure boot and set OS to other.What is purpose ? thanks 

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Miska said:

I disable snaps feature altogether by removing snapd etc.

Only server component that makes sense installing is SSH server (not as snap, but regular package).

Is there anything else you disable.Still have 200 services running ?

• 3 weeks later...

Miska any ideas ? Running HQPlayer embedded focal 20.04 server.Always have run dsd 256 with poly sinc xtr mp with ec filters.Tonight won't work.Get error out of memory killed process 750.any ideas ? Have 16gb memory.Tried with sinc l and sinc mx and works.Its loading 7 thru 12 at %100 PC freezes. 1.thumb.PNG.1acd05468dd27c80bfee1670bb102946.PNG

IMG_0030.JPG

8 hours ago, Miska said:

48/96/192k source? Maybe poly-sinc-xtr-mp-2s works?

Always worked with 48/96 on all.Only thing I was never able to do was sinc l and sinc mx with ec modulators without dropouts.It loads threads 7 thru 12 at % 100 when trying sinc xtr mp.Then will drop down to one thread at %100 and then i can watch memory climb all the way to 15.4 gb out of 16.Never ever seen a load on cpu threads 7 thru 12.Always loads on 1 thru 6.I will try with -2S but like I said before always worked without issue before.

53 minutes ago, Miska said:

I don't know then, maybe some setting changed since?

53 minutes ago, Miska said:

I don't know then, maybe some setting changed since?

poly-sinc-xtr-mp-2s works.Changed nothing always worked untill yesterday with normal filter not -2S.Its the one I use ?

5 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

sudo apt autoremove --purge "hqplayer".     Note: insert the proper description for hqplayer in the quotes.

and then reinstall.

Have you done any software updates to the computer recently?

No software updates.Only does it for poly-sinc-xtr-mp.

2 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Could the machine have applied one on its own? Have you restarted the machine?

Yes restarted.When I try xtr-mp Pc will go to %100 on thread 7 thru 12.Then will go to one thread at %100.Then I can watch memory used climb from around 2gb up to 15.4 maxing out memory.Then I get message out of memory killed process 750 {hqplayered} total -vm:34718732kb,anon-rss 15865192kb,file-rss:2184kb;shmem-rss:0kb'UID:113 pgtables:41052kb oom_score_adj:0

9 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Have you updated your Ubuntu installation? I just did and there were some ssh updates.

Yes.Just wish someone could explain why its pinning 6 threads at %100 then freezes then memory climbs to max to kill proccess.Never seen another filter load threads 7 thru 12.Everythnig I checked uses thread 1 thru 6.

17 minutes ago, Miska said:

There are two phases, initialization and processing. During initialization, typically siblings (threads) are loaded to 100%. During processing the main cores cores are loaded.

Seems like you manage to be asking for conversion ratio that exhausts your memory.

How much free RAM do you have at the beginning, before starting playback? There could be some other memory hog running (Roon?), but since HQPlayer is most active it gets killed once it grows a bit.

230M/15.5G memory before playback