IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

1 hour ago, Miska said:

It will restart itself when you save the changes...

I see HQPlayer trying to restart and it spits out the following error message:

"** (process:10659): WARNING **: _on_reload_signal: clString::ToDouble(): not a double" and I no longer have access to the web interface.  I see hqplayerd.xml file being created under the users .hqplayer directory.  If I stop the service manually and restart it I get the same error message.

Edit: forgot to mention that I am using Ubuntu Xenial with 4.4.0-78-lowlatency kernel.  The system was fully patched yesterday.

hqplayer_web_config_error.txt

hqplayerd.xml

3 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

"** (process:10659): WARNING **: _on_reload_signal: clString::ToDouble(): not a double" and I no longer have access to the web interface.  I see hqplayerd.xml file being created under the users .hqplayer directory.  If I stop the service manually and restart it I get the same error message.

hqplayerd.xml

How do you have access to the web interface? I mean, in terms of password...

Just now, bibo01 said:

Sorry, I did not explain myself properly. Through a browser on localhost:8088, one has access to web interface, but it's asking for pw. How did you set it? The readme is not very clear.

Aah, to set it you need to make sure that hqplayerd is not configured at all.  So move the hqplayerd.xml file out of the user or system directory and start hqplayers.  Once it is running connect to http://localhost:8088/auth which will give you option to set username and password.  I used the user option instead of the system when setting the username and password, since my user account does not have the privilege to write to system directory.

14 minutes ago, hifi25nl said:

4) Go to localhost:8088/auth, give the username and password, and click on "key"

5) Upload hqplayerd 4 key.

6) Go to localhost:8088/config and set your configuration.

Note: a direct connection to localhost:8088 is giving "access denied" without password prompt

You can also restore the original key and config at this point. The only point is that hqplayerd needs to be in unconfigured state for setting password. In unconfigured state only some of the URLs are allowed because others, like the main page for example need it to be in configured state.

The config backup/restore functionality is also useful in case someone wants to edit the configuration manually outside of the box and then send it back... For example convolution/matrix/speaker configurations are not yet in the web interface, so those would need to be configured manually. Those XML elements can also be copy-pasted from HQPlayer Desktop configuration.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

@Miska Do these new authorization features have something to do with changes to "read" permissions on /etc/hqplayer folder after installing b1, or is that something I've done accidentally?

I guess it makes sense if the intended use-case going forward is that all modifications are done through the web interface. I'm comfortable changing permissions if I want to break the rules and make manual changes, just curious.

33 minutes ago, arglebargle said:

@Miska Do these new authorization features have something to do with changes to "read" permissions on /etc/hqplayer folder after installing b1, or is that something I've done accidentally?

I guess it makes sense if the intended use-case going forward is that all modifications are done through the web interface. I'm comfortable changing permissions if I want to break the rules and make manual changes, just curious.

Yes, IIRC, it is intended to have hqplayer:root as owner and 0770 permissions.

17 hours ago, bibo01 said:

In the web configuration it seems that NAA is noy setup properly: it writes ALSA device instead of its name. Obviously, it doesn't start.

Ahh, crap, sounds like a typical copy-paste bug. I was in so much hurry to get beta1 done before Munich... The web UI has number of other rough edges and missing things that need to be improved...

On 5/18/2017 at 7:41 PM, shadowlight said:

Edit: forgot to mention that I am using Ubuntu Xenial with 4.4.0-78-lowlatency kernel.  The system was fully patched yesterday.

hqplayerd.xml

@Miska,

Any idea on why I get the _on_reload_signal error when updating the configuration via webui?

13 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

@Miska,

Any idea on why I get the _on_reload_signal error when updating the configuration via webui?

It may be a locale problem or something else, at least there's empty value for the fixed volume setting which may cause problems. I need to make sure it is not written out if it is not set... At least I didn't quickly spot any other potential things from there. You could try if removing that line from config makes it work (or setting it to desired value)...

On 5/18/2017 at 4:41 PM, shadowlight said:

Yep, I got it working copying the HQPlayer.xml file to hqplayerd.xml file.  Was not expecting that kind of change from 4.0 alpha to beta. 

it was done in alpha21 or 22 i believe.  i haven't put in beta yet as i'm traveling

6 hours ago, bibo01 said:

With the present license will it be possible to upgrade Embedded up to the beta version before v4 final?

If one has already license for Embedded v4, it will continue to work as before.

6 hours ago, bibo01 said:

At what stage will v4 license be necessary?

If one wants to have new license now... Licenses are now available from the web shop.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

If one has already license for Embedded v4, it will continue to work as before.

If one wants to have new license now... Licenses are now available from the web shop.

Sorry for asking...just to be clear

If I buy a Linux Desktop license now, it would be v3.xx. Probably, an upgrade is needed when you release v4.

However, with the present license is possible to get a v4 license for Embedded which will continue to work.

Is this correct?

1 hour ago, bibo01 said:

If I buy a Linux Desktop license now, it would be v3.xx. Probably, an upgrade is needed when you release v4.

However, with the present license is possible to get a v4 license for Embedded which will continue to work.

Is this correct?

No, HQPlayer Desktop and HQPlayer Embedded licenses are completely separate and not related.

5 hours ago, Miska said:

No, HQPlayer Desktop and HQPlayer Embedded licenses are completely separate and not related.

I see...and also new price for Embedded.

Since when?

People who got in early (who got Embedded license 4 from their Desktop license 3) are then lucky. As you said they are OK for Embedded v4.xx.

If, however, they request Embedded 4 license now, do they pay the full new price? 

9 hours ago, bibo01 said:

I see...and also new price for Embedded.

Since when?

Since b1 version / public announcement of the 4.x version. Partically beginning of Munich High-End show.

People who got in early (who got Embedded license 4 from their Desktop license 3) are then lucky. As you said they are OK for Embedded v4.xx.

Yes, sometimes it is worth participating in alpha release testing... ;)

If, however, they request Embedded 4 license now, do they pay the full new price?

Yes...