IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

10 minutes ago, acatala said:

The NAA is a UP Board with your NAA image.

In HQPlayer Embedded config page, in the NAA combo box, it is already selected the correct NAA (default naa), but it does not work in the first place, but when I select (again) the same naa that is already selected, and apply the configuration, it starts working again.

The hqplayer user has no problem with permissions or it couldn't save the configuration.

I know, it's weird.

Before going and reapply the config, can you make a copy of the hqplayerd.xml and then reapply the config and then use for example "diff -u" to compare the two copies to see if anything has changed? Because otherwise reapplying the config is practically same thing as restarting hqplayerd.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

16 hours ago, Miska said:

Before going and reapply the config, can you make a copy of the hqplayerd.xml and then reapply the config and then use for example "diff -u" to compare the two copies to see if anything has changed? Because otherwise reapplying the config is practically same thing as restarting hqplayerd.

I will run a few tests this afternoon and I will let you know the outcomes.

Hi again @Miska,

I have run a couple of tests. Here comes the outcomes:

Test 1:

Initial state: DAC off, NAA on, NUC off.

Procedure:

NUC ON

DAC ON

cp /etc/hqplayer/hqplayer.xml /etc/hqplayer/hqplayerd.xml.bak

Roon play -> Playback failed because $ couldn't connect to HQPlayer

Reapply NAA on HQPlayer Embedded config page

diff -u /etc/hqplayer.xml /etc/hqplayer.xml.bak

No output from diff command, but the timestamp of hqplayer.xml has been updated after the reapply.

Roon plays and now it works.

Test 2:

Procedure:

NUC ON

DAC ON

systemctl restart hqplayerd

The timestamp of hqplayer.xml has not been updated. 

Roon plays and now it works too.

Well, I guess that when I find problems (not usually, but I have faced them sometimes) I should in the first place poweroff the DAC and the NAA and after that, a restart of hqplayerd would solve any issues.

5 hours ago, acatala said:

Hi again @Miska,

I have run a couple of tests. Here comes the outcomes:

Test 1:

Procedure:

NUC ON

DAC ON

cp /etc/hqplayer/hqplayer.xml /etc/hqplayer/hqplayerd.xml.bak

Reapply NAA on HQPlayer Embedded config page

diff -u /etc/hqplayer.xml /etc/hqplayer.xml.bak

No output from diff command, but the timestamp of hqplayer.xml has been updated after the reapply.

Roon plays and now it works.

Test 2:

Procedure:

NUC ON

DAC ON

systemctl restart hqplayerd

The timestamp of hqplayer.xml has not been updated. 

Roon plays and now it works too.

Well, I guess that when I find problems (not usually, but I have faced them sometimes) I should in the first place poweroff the DAC and the NAA and after that, a restart of hqplayerd would solve any issues.

Generally DAC needs to be on first, then NAA and then HQPlayer. Power off in inverse order.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Generally DAC needs to be on first, then NAA and then HQPlayer. Power off in inverse order.

Thanks!! I wondered if there were a preferred power on/off order.

My HQPlayer uses to remain on, because the Intel NUC is running 24x7, the NAA is running 24x7 too. The DAC goes either power off or standby after playing. It works fine close to  the 100% of the time.

14 hours ago, acatala said:

Thanks!! I wondered if there were a preferred power on/off order.

My HQPlayer uses to remain on, because the Intel NUC is running 24x7, the NAA is running 24x7 too. The DAC goes either power off or standby after playing. It works fine close to  the 100% of the time.

When started, HQPlayer wants to figure out DAC properties and such, so at that time DAC needs to be accessible. But then these are kept in memory. If you turn off DAC/NAA while HQPlayer is running (but not playing), HQPlayer will again try to re-establish connection when you ask playback next time.

20 minutes ago, acatala said:

By the way, where does Roon fits in this order?

It doesn't matter so much. Roon will try to establish connection when you start playback. It just pushes whatever it sees fit to HQPlayer and HQPlayer will cope. If you touch anything other way than Roon, Roon will immediately disconnect to avoid racing against you adjusting things elsewhere.

figured it out, used linux mount point...

Forgive me but what is the syntax for mount point to scan library in HQPe web interface?

I've tried UNC path, music is shared by Windows box on network but HQPe runs on AudioLinux machine, with Roon but would like to play via HQPe only without any other front-end software.

Thanks

Library scan only found a fraction of my albums even after running over night.  When I click on an album to play, the interface grinds away for a bit and then crashes.  HQPed continues consuming memory and cpu but never recovers.

How to I delete the library HQPe has created?

Mounted read-only for Roon to use, does HQPe need more?  I haven't found any mention in the documentation for permissions or anything more to setup library other than enter the mount point.

I really don't want to build another library, just looking to compare sending an album thru HQPe without Roon.  

The scan found 1/3, ~1500 of 4800 albums.  Could be the directory structure isn't right for it to detect what it is and that's fine but something isn't right given the resources used and nothing presented.

Its a CIFS mount if that matters.  I don't have a NFS server to use.

On 5/12/2019 at 8:24 AM, lpost said:

Forgive me but what is the syntax for mount point to scan library in HQPe web interface?

It is absolute path on the Linux filesystem, so the filesystem needs to be mounted. You would usually point it at the media mount point.

Then there's the separate support for removable media, intended mostly for USB memory sticks, that allow loading entire contents to the playlist directly without going through the library.

58 minutes ago, guiltyboxswapper said:

Performed a packages upgrade on Ubuntu 18.04 server earlier, with 2 different upnp/DLNA clients after a while of HQPlayer Embedded running I see :

I suspect your license has fallen back to trial mode. Please check /about page on the web interface...

On 5/3/2019 at 4:23 PM, Miska said:

I have difficulty getting HQPlayer Embedded to "see" the NAA. Both computers are running the HQP OS.

I get what you're saying about how the NAA needs to be on first so that HQPlayer can identify the DAC when it starts up, but once I start the NAA, it reserves "hqplayer" on the network. Therefore when I start the high powered server last, "hqplayer" is already taken.

Is there some way I can configure the NAA to have a different IP address so the network won't identify it as the main server?

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

11 hours ago, k6davis said:

I get what you're saying about how the NAA needs to be on first so that HQPlayer can identify the DAC when it starts up, but once I start the NAA, it reserves "hqplayer" on the network. Therefore when I start the high powered server last, "hqplayer" is already taken.

Is there some way I can configure the NAA to have a different IP address so the network won't identify it as the main server?

Easiest option is to instead use the NAA image which has different hostname by default.

You only need to change hostname or name of the NAA. You can edit either /etc/hostname or alternatively /etc/default/networkaudiod file and add there "NETWORKAUDIOD_NAME=mynaa" where "mynaa" is the name you'd like to have. I think I've included "nano" editor in the image.

3 hours ago, Miska said:

Easiest option is to instead use the NAA image which has different hostname by default.

Thank you Miska. I didn't realize there was an NAA image. That should solve my issue.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i