IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

18 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Hi @Miska

Have you seen this?

https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/mchstreamer

Is there anything cool and new that it can bring to HQPe, compared with USBStreamer?

Does it allow the mythical automatic sample rate switching or no?

"PDM to I2S converter for up to 16 MEMS microphones" you can read that as "DSD to PCM converter for up to 16 channels". Some people still diss DSD and don't realize their mobile phones are full of it. ;)

But essentially to me it looks like the same as the earlier USBstreamer, with some more firmware variants.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

17 hours ago, Miska said:

But essentially to me it looks like the same as the earlier USBstreamer, with some more firmware variants.

Currently listening to Track #01 (Glory). 

Spotify -> Chromecast Audio -> miniDSP USBStreamer -> HQPe Headless Server -> DSD512  ext4 filter -> UpBoard Gateway NAA -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Closed Headphones

Gorgeous track and recording. Overall sound quality fantastic.

991182051_ScreenShot2019-04-07at12_14_20am.thumb.png.38d900250116254b8fe3ea16639eaccb.png

@Miska, a question about boot order and/or dependencies:

In my setup, Roon Core and HQPlayer Embedded run in the same Intel NUC with Debian, NAA runs in a USBrige with DietPi (soon also in a UP-GWS with HQPlayerOS or Debian, we'll see).

The duo Roon + HQPlayer works smoothly most of the time, but where there is any issue with any component and I have to restart any one of them (Roon, HQplayer, NAA, the NUC, the USBridge, etc.) I have to spend time restarting services (roonserver, hqplayerd, networkaudio, etc) until I manage to put the system in order again. So I wonder if there is a recommended start sequence/dependencies (or forbidden sequence that I should avoid) among these components: DAC, NAA, HQPlayer Embedded, Roon Core.

IMHO, it would be a nice adding to HQPlayer Embedded (and NAA) some kind of self-healing/monitoring functions that could make life easier to non-technical users.I can handle myself these issues, but not every body can. I guess it would increase the number of your potential clients. I am aware that there are devices and pieces of software that are out of control of HQPlayer. Maybe in future releases...

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Also I see you have an intermediate USB step. Is it not possible to have ethernet direct to I2S, without USB step in between?

Botic on BeagleBone doesn't require intermediate USB, it can output DSD straight from the pins. I2S is purely PCM interface, so it is not I2S, but just raw DSD.

The DAC board can house either BeagleBone or Amanero.

3 minutes ago, Miska said:

Botic on BeagleBone doesn't require intermediate USB, it can output DSD straight from the pins. I2S is purely PCM interface, so it is not I2S, but just raw DSD.

The DAC board can house either BeagleBone or Amanero.

Thanks! Does Botic on BeagleBone support DSD512x48 rates? Or limited to lower DSD rates?

Hi,

I am running tests on my brand new UP Board. The first of them is booting with NAA Image. For the moment I am using a USB stick (actually a microSD card + USB adapter) for convenience.

The setup is easy and quick. It worked seamlessly with my current HQPlayer Embedded setup. The only "non-positive" point is that I can not play native DSD with it in my DAC (built-in DAC in preamp Rotel RC-1590 which is AK4495 based) , I have to use DoP. I only can play native DSD with USBridge and its Allo modified DietPi.

I will keep running my tests. I want to compare its reliability to USBridge's.

I could try booting the HQPlayer OS image too and compare. Another option would be boot DietPi even Debian + NAA package. I guess I will go for one of the Signalyst's images and when I am sure, I will try to boot from eMMC.

On 4/10/2019 at 11:13 PM, acatala said:

The setup is easy and quick. It worked seamlessly with my current HQPlayer Embedded setup. The only "non-positive" point is that I can not play native DSD with it in my DAC (built-in DAC in preamp Rotel RC-1590 which is AK4495 based) , I have to use DoP. I only can play native DSD with USBridge and its Allo modified DietPi.

I assume you are using 3.5.6 image? Rotel's USB interface is not XMOS-based? If you can boot up some Linux live image (Fedora 29 Workstation for example) and run "sudo lsusb -vvv >lsusb-out.txt" and email me the lsusb-out.txt result I can take a look if support could be added.

19 hours ago, Miska said:

I assume you are using 3.5.6 image? Rotel's USB interface is not XMOS-based? If you can boot up some Linux live image (Fedora 29 Workstation for example) and run "sudo lsusb -vvv >lsusb-out.txt" and email me the lsusb-out.txt result I can take a look if support could be added.

Thanks @Miska.

Yes, the image is the latest. I am using 3.5.6.

I have attached the output from the command lsusb -vvv.

lsusb-out.txt

Hello. I have question about HQPlayer 4 Embedded licencing. I read pricing information but I need to know what happens in case migation from one hardware (outdated PC) to new hardware device (new PC) in future. Is possible to move licence to new hardware or there is need tu buy new licence? Is changing hardware supported or licence is fixed to one piece of hardware for lifetime? Thanks for answer in advance.

34 minutes ago, kryton said:

Hello. I have question about HQPlayer 4 Embedded licencing. I read pricing information but I need to know what happens in case migation from one hardware (outdated PC) to new hardware device (new PC) in future. Is possible to move licence to new hardware or there is need tu buy new licence? Is changing hardware supported or licence is fixed to one piece of hardware for lifetime? Thanks for answer in advance.

Named user licenses (you buy from Digital River web shop) can be migrated reasonably (about 1 - 2 times per year) to a new hardware by asking me via email with the new hardware fingerprint.

Thank you for answer.

I am actually trying trial version of HQPlayer Embedded and I have problem with playing Tidal via BubbleUPnP and HQPlayer renderer. Playback is nice but "pause" key is not working properly. When I press "pause" playback stops (OK), but when I press "pause" again playback starts from track begining (not from "pause" point in track). The second problem is that there is no possibility to use "fast forward" inside of current track. It is not possible to skip (for example) from time 1:00 to 12:30 inside of track. When I tried it playback starts from track begining again.  Is there any special setting to resolve this problem? Thanks in advance.

35 minutes ago, kryton said:

I am actually trying trial version of HQPlayer Embedded and I have problem with playing Tidal via BubbleUPnP and HQPlayer renderer. Playback is nice but "pause" key is not working properly. When I press "pause" playback stops (OK), but when I press "pause" again playback starts from track begining (not from "pause" point in track). The second problem is that there is no possibility to use "fast forward" inside of current track. It is not possible to skip (for example) from time 1:00 to 12:30 inside of track. When I tried it playback starts from track begining again.  Is there any special setting to resolve this problem? Thanks in advance.

I think for normal UPnP tracks from a local server pause/seek work what I've tested. Not sure if it is different for Tidal streams... For longer pause it could be that Tidal server's stream times out and is dropped and that's why it jumps.

Does the seeking work with BubbleUPnP's own built-in renderer?

For HQPlayer Embedded seeking to work, server needs to to announce "Accept-Ranges" header with value "bytes". Because HQPlayer uses "Range" header with "bytes=" value. I'll check what is going on... Sometimes Bubble UPnP changes behavior and sometimes Tidal servers change behavior.

I am using HQPe with AudioLinux. 

The scope/ user/system  dialog box is not in the upper left corner. 

I was told I have to choose “user” in order to be able to choose my DAC. 

I have a Holo spring DAC and I am not able to choose the xCore driver.  It does not show up.  It has been the available every once in a while but then it disappears again. I have tried turning off the DAC and unplugging the USB cable and plugging them back in. 

Now when I remote in to my server to the HQPE page it only shows the configuration page 

A question probably asked and anwered a thousand times, but I can't find it.

When I choose Direct SDM in DSD sources in the configuration file of HQPembedded, Roon still tells me in sources that I use  poly-sinc-xtr-lp-2s and ASDM7 (which I selected in SDM settings)

Did I remember right that this is a flaw in Roon and that the DSD source is directly going to the DAC without any filtering?