IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

I have installed Ubuntu/HQ Player Linux Desktop on a dual boot system with Windows 11.  HQ Player Linux Desktop resides on an external USB drive that contains an Intel M10 SSD.  I would like to install Ubuntu/HQ Player Desktop on my main C drive instead.  The partition has been created on the C drive for this install.

Will I run into a problem with the boot manager after the install?  My plan is to disconnect the USB drive.  My concern is that the dual boot system already exists and is pointing to the USB drive.  Will this be a problem for the Ubuntu installation on the local C drive?

4 hours ago, Cornell77 said:

I have installed Ubuntu/HQ Player Linux Desktop on a dual boot system with Windows 11.  HQ Player Linux Desktop resides on an external USB drive that contains an Intel M10 SSD.  I would like to install Ubuntu/HQ Player Desktop on my main C drive instead.  The partition has been created on the C drive for this install.

Will I run into a problem with the boot manager after the install?  My plan is to disconnect the USB drive.  My concern is that the dual boot system already exists and is pointing to the USB drive.  Will this be a problem for the Ubuntu installation on the local C drive?

You can check the EFI partition and you can clean it upfront. Note that this will make your external drive unbootable.

But the way EFI works, you can clean up the ubuntu folders from there and it should gracefully fall back to Windows boot code. This is easier to clean up than old style boot sector loaders.

You can then proceed installing Ubuntu on the available partition using the custom partitioning setup in Ubuntu. This will then reinstall the Ubuntu bootloader stuff on EFI partition and GRUB again becomes primary EFI loader.

I have done similar things couple of times in the past.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

2 hours ago, Cornell77 said:

Hi Miska, Thank you.  What is the identifier for for the EFI partition related to the boot loader?  Should this be done within Windows disk management?

It is standard FAT32 partition, flagged as EFI System on Linux partitioning tools. On Linux usually mounted under /boot/efi and primary boot under EFI/BOOT typically as BOOTX64.EFI and rest of Ubuntu things under EFI/ubuntu

BIOS boot menu can usually show different entries under the EFI folder.

You can make backup copy of the contents as tar.gz archive for example in case you need to go back. Or to play 100% safe make an image dump with "dd" (just be careful with this tool!).

8 hours ago, pis99 said:

Is there a way to have embedded server locked to a specific NAA with a static IP after system booted? 

Yes, but the IP is irrelevant. Because the device selection is based on name of the NAA plus the device ID behind it.

HQPlayer then looks for a NAA with specified name and device ID behind it.

10 hours ago, Miska said:

Yes, but the IP is irrelevant. Because the device selection is based on name of the NAA plus the device ID behind it.

HQPlayer then looks for a NAA with specified name and device ID behind it.

Thank you Jussi,

So from embedded log I can find the following info:

discovered network audio: name='moode' version='Signalyst Network Audio Daemon 4.2.3'  @10.0.0.30:43210

Would you share the instructions to lock the HQPE only connect to this NAA?

21 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

After you click 'Apply' button in Configuration page, the hqplayerd.xml will remember the last NAA you designated. Next time you boot HQPe after that NAA you'll see it there. 

I just tried apply button. The current NAA in play disappeared and can not be found from drop-down list in device. I have to power off my son’s Moode player before I can see my hqplayer NAA from device. Any other to lock my HQPE only look for my NAA?

15 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Moode player occupies and owns your audio device. The problem is Moode not HQPlayer. Find a solely NAA machine for your HQPlayer or stop using Moode.

My NAA is only used for hqplayer,  and connected to my Holo spring 3 on 1st floor. My son used moode with another DAC on a different floor. How can moode occupied my Holo DAC?

10 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I see. Supposed not happened. Sorry I thought your DAC was connected to moOde and manual installed networkaudiod. Could you introduce how's your RPi4 modified?

eric catz provided the modified RPI4 to me. The power supply section was done by my colleague.

C1974569-FC9C-4084-8DE9-4FDFBA1753AB.jpeg

9 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

Could be an ip address issue … is the moOde rpi configured with static ip address? In this case are you sure the moOde ip address is not the same of your NAA?

Yes, I applied static IPs from router all the time. The router shown different IPs for the NAA and moode. 

40 minutes ago, pis99 said:

Yes, I applied static IPs from router all the time. The router shown different IPs for the NAA and moode. 

As long as each NAA has unique name, HQPlayer should keep connecting to the same NAA. Which should be the case here, since moode is called "moode".

If you connect from more than one HQPlayer instance to the same NAA, please note that as long as one HQPlayer is connected (running), the NAA is under exclusive control of that one and won't appear on subsequent searches. Generally, you cannot see a NAA that is "in use".

Based on HQPlayer log, is HQPlayer constantly looking for the NAA, but failing to find one? Note that also if the DAC is missing behind it, the connection will fail.

39 minutes ago, Miska said:

As long as each NAA has unique name, HQPlayer should keep connecting to the same NAA. Which should be the case here, since moode is called "moode".

If you connect from more than one HQPlayer instance to the same NAA, please note that as long as one HQPlayer is connected (running), the NAA is under exclusive control of that one and won't appear on subsequent searches. Generally, you cannot see a NAA that is "in use".

Based on HQPlayer log, is HQPlayer constantly looking for the NAA, but failing to find one? Note that also if the DAC is missing behind it, the connection will fail.

Thank you Jussi, that solve my problem since i have two identical name. I will change the names later today.

6 hours ago, SwissBear said:

Hi Jussi, hope you are doing good 😊.

I am unable to download recent versions of HQPlayer Embedded (fc36). I'm getting an internal server error 500.

Can you pls help ?

Are you trying to download the latest or something else? Only latest and latest - 1 are downloadable.

I just tested and both 4.33.3 builds downloaded fine for me.